• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
supposed to be nerve trouble so a recontruction was never necessary. These things can right themselves overnight or could be a problem throughout his career.

I just hope it rights itself sooner than later.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
It's not the end of the world yet. If you look at TOCC's post #4829, to quote
So it only looks like Quirk and Cooper are out for a significant amount of time, with Turner, Tapuai and McDuling back for round 1 -2..""
Well, that's a relief to hear that Rob Simmons, Ben Daley, Ed O'Donohoe, Greg Holmes and James OÇonnor are all fit and ready to go.

Puts my mind at ease.

Thanks for the update.

T

TOCC

Not every injury requires surgery nor is it the magical fix for every injury.. some injuries just need a bit of rest and time off the tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Well, that's a relief to hear that Rob Simmons, Ben Daley, Ed O'Donohoe, Greg Holmes and James OÇonnor are all fit and ready to go.

Puts my mind at ease.

Thanks for the update.

Niggles is all it is, and there's no point in aggravating a niggle in a trial game at the start of a long, long season. The reason for the larger squads is to accommodate the players niggles (and their wags;))
So we have niggles and waggles. A waggle is a good thing to have, a niggle not so good. And an out -and-out injury, bloody disaster.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm generally always in favour of throwing RG under the bus for this sort of thing but surely he wouldn't be that crazy. You manage an injury through the last few weeks of a season, doing before game 1 is just not feasible.

Why not blame the Waratah coach for continuing to play an injured player on a pointless end of season tour despite the fact he was injured.

(tin foil hat removed).

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Recovering from the shoulder surgery late last year, he's expected to be ready to go next week vs the crusaders. Also gives them more time to look at talakai and faagase to work out who gets first crack as his back up

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm hearing that his surgeon, who also happens to be a Waratahs fan 'accidentally' left a bit of tin foil in his shoulder during the surgery last year.

It's bloody everywhere. I hear Cheika's newly appointed S&C guru (for the "Wallabies") has been booked to run the Reds through their paces @ Ballymore on Friday 6 March!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's bloody everywhere. I hear Cheika's newly appointed S&C guru (for the "Wallabies") has been booked to run the Reds through their paces @ Ballymore on Friday 6 March!

It was the only available time to really test the fitness reserves of the Reds players.

Something about seeing their absolute breaking point and then going a little bit further.

The smart thing about it though is that the ARU are saving a few hundred dollars because Cheika is meant to be in Brisbane that weekend anyway. Good to see the ARU working hard to save money.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
supposed to be nerve trouble so a recontruction was never necessary. These things can right themselves overnight or could be a problem throughout his career.

I just hope it rights itself sooner than later.

Oh ok, if it's a little bit of a nerve thing that's far better than it being loose and degenerating over time. He'll just get better eventually

T

TOCC

Yep, there's some lofty expectations on Karmichael, I think he'll live up yo them but it might take 4 or 5 games before he really starts to click

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think it's a great look QC (Quade Cooper) is in Sydney for a league TV event tonight rather than running the water (they'll need 10 guys doing that) for his team in Cairns..

B

Bobby Sands

He'd have been in the ring if he hadn't broken his collarbone so I'm guessing the promoters want to get at least some value out've him. It's not just a league thing, too, with SBW the main event & Liam Messam on the undercard.

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.