• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Funny you say that about Waves training twice a week or whatever. but Knox looking strong having 3 gym sessions a week followed by a pool recovery session and then having a sprints and fitness day and then a skills day. inside word is that they have trained from october all the way through to a week prior Xmas and now have already gone back to training. Cannot wait for the Waves vs Knox match .

Are they following the TSC model of a full time professional coach and full time rugby players? That workload you outline is great for rugby players but I worry about the outcomes of such a single-minded focus on the majority of schoolboys.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
First Couple of Rounds, should set tone for the season

May 2 Round 1 Match of the Round ....Knox v Barker
May 9 Round 2 Match of the Round ... Waverley v Knox

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Funny you say that about Waves training twice a week or whatever. but Knox looking strong having 3 gym sessions a week followed by a pool recovery session and then having a sprints and fitness day and then a skills day. inside word is that they have trained from october all the way through to a week prior Xmas and now have already gone back to training. Cannot wait for the Waves vs Knox match .

Completely fine and I respect your opinion. Knox's facilities outmatch Waverley's 10 to 1, and ill note; Knox College's Head Rugby Coach's salary is more than Waverley's rugby budget for the whole school season. So then I ask.. How much does it cost Knox to put a team together? And how successful has it being in the past. Can only have a laugh at you bud, sitting up on your high horse thinking you run supreme over everyone else in CAS. Not in 2010, 2011, 2012 nor 2013 have Knox beaten Waverley on the table, and not until the season just passed have Knox passed the Waves by 1 whole place! Congratulations. Knox College's worst nightmare Death Valley; and I look forward with envy for the boys humiliating Knox again after all their tough training.

At the end of the day... Waverley's 33 CAS Rugby Premierships > Knox's 21. Cheers.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
never any love loss between Waves & Knox :mad:

much as I would love to see Waverley competitive in 2015, based on the Tom Waterhouse form guide, and last years results I would have thought Knox, Barker Cranbrook, be the top contenders, and in that order

Waves were stronger in 15s and below, so will be interesting to see if that strength continues, and I can't see anyone from 15s taking the step to Opens ... maybe 1 exception ?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see most of pre season games are now out.

Knox has games against st augustines and joeys.... Tour to #?

Waverley has games against newington and view and nz tour ... No mention of scots,

Barker trialing shore and st pats ... Qld tour

Cranbrook spent usual pre season doing altitude training in the family ski chalets

Unusual weekend with Anzac day falling on Saturday, and no public holiday and no games

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
I see most of pre season games are now out.

Knox has games against st augustines and joeys.. Tour to #?

Waverley has games against newington and view and nz tour . No mention of scots,

Barker trialing shore and st pats . Qld tour

Cranbrook spent usual pre season doing altitude training in the family ski chalets

Unusual weekend with Anzac day falling on Saturday, and no public holiday and no games

I believe Scots trial will be played during the holidays between term 2 and 3 (in-between the 1st and 2nd cycle of rounds). Will let you know when I hear more.

BeastieBoy

Herbert Moran (7)
Funny you should say that: pretty sure Laurie Fahy went to Waverley and I would have thought he'd give Ugarte a run for his money if he did.
No room for Morgan Turinui either.
You cannot leave out of the team Des O'Reilly who played in jack gibsons winning roosters and also played state of origin. What about Ray Stehr senior who played for the Kangaroos.

BeastieBoy

Herbert Moran (7)
You cannot leave out of the team Des O'Reilly who played in jack gibsons winning roosters and also played state of origin. What about Ray Stehr senior who played for the Kangaroos.
Imagine a front row of Finnane Stehr and Fahy. Scary stuff. All three played for easts..one in another code. Where did Dally Messenger Go to school?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
According To the Australian biographical dictionary he went to Double Bay public and then worked in his fathers boatshed in Double Bay - described as a down at heel fishing village at the time.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mods Note:
This forum is not for schoolyard tittle tattle.

Posts have been (and will continue to be) deleted.

Red Cards will be issued.

Take this as a general warning to all.

Mook

Frank Row (1)
I believe Waverley will experience a strong year and surprise the competition. This is barring any inept coaching decisions.

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
In all this the forgotten team is Trinity - have had a couple of lean years however have some bright talent coming through with a number of the boys returning for their 2nd year in top grade..The likes of Wayland, Fillipo and Morris will be a lot stronger this season

Navid Dew

Frank Row (1)
In all this the forgotten team is Trinity - have had a couple of lean years however have some bright talent coming through with a number of the boys returning for their 2nd year in top grade..The likes of Wayland, Fillipo and Morris will be a lot stronger this season

Not disagreeing with you what so ever, with Hugo Engele leading the way with his comprehensive coaching abilities, however a good team requires cohesion and a sense of unity - all of which trinity have lacked from the past few years. Trinity could be the dark horse of the CAS competition this year

Mook

Frank Row (1)
Agreeing with Navid, I think the Trinity squad lacks a sense of spirit and team-play seen in other CAS outfits. Having seen them play in the past, I wouldn't rate them as a threat in either the 1st XV or 2nd XV competition.

R

rex1

Regarding Trinity, I feel that a lack of consistency, perhaps a result of a shallow player base, has cruelled the team in the past. They have possessed a couple of very good players but have not had the support round the park to follow this up. With the emergence of Filipo and Wayland hopefully they can take a step up from their past couple of seasons. Despite this, however, I don't rate them as contenders for the title.

S

sidelineview

I believe Waverley will experience a strong year and surprise the competition. This is barring any inept coaching decisions.

You can rest assured the coaching and preparation will be good this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.