• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
TBH, I am just trying to stir some life into this thread. I have no idea about the new season. As an old boy... I would be happy if BBC make the top 3.
Anyone have some tips for 2015?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
TBH, I am just trying to stir some life into this thread. I have no idea about the new season. As an old boy. I would be happy if BBC make the top 3.
With the schools starting shortly, I would be keen to know who has recruited who and which of the boys are repeating grade 12?

Ben Smith

Frank Nicholson (4)
TBH, I am just trying to stir some life into this thread. I have no idea about the new season. As an old boy. I would be happy if BBC make the top 3.

In my opinion, fullback Jayden Ngamanu from BBC has the potential to be the MVP of GPS rugby in 2015, in terms of athleticism, vision, and try scoring ability.

This alone won't win the premiership for BBC, as no one player can, however there is no denying that Ponga was integral to Churchie in '14. Especially in the big games. Against Nudgee in a tight game, he made numerous breaks in attack and scored a valuable try. Classy players can be the difference on the day.

Not sure how BBC forward pack is looking either. BBC will have tough games on the road @ Nudgee, @ Churchie and @ Toowoomba which will be telling. BBC will definately be top 4, whether they can come out on top is another story. The backline has potential, but I personally believe that they had too many positional changes last year. Aforementioned Ngamanu played in 10, 13, 15...over 8 games this does not offer any stability. These changes weren't due to any injuries either (I think).

Churchie will find it hard to replicate last year's performance. You can't replace Perese, Mason, Fox etc and you certainly can't replace Ponga. They will be good, but will find it hard to go back to back.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I think we need a pre season award for the school that has the most supporters that talk themselves up. Preferably named after someone on the forum.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Should have had that last year. At the least it would have been one win for us BBC boys and old boys ;)
Though GT would be close runners up.

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Jayden Ngamanu is a classy player - positional changes last year were driven by injury mainly at 12/10 - 6 or 7 different #12s/reshuffles through the season.

Good luck to the all the Firsts this year but the most important GPS games will be the mighty U12s! When will they play, 5am on the creek flats? At least we'll get bacon & egg burgers. U12s should play with no posts on square fields, then there is no sideways running. Cmon th U12s!

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jeez, this forum is quiet these days.

Tipping Nudgee this year, because well, it's Nudgee. Don't know much about the rest but I reckon BSHS might be a smokey.

TSS will be up there as always, and it wouldn't surprise me if my ACGS had a premiership hangover and finish mid-table (don't worry, it's just a 're-building' phase after losing Gilmore and Nucifora) - the competition is poorer without Ponga.

Glad to see BBC & GT supporters are a bit more conservative this year, the trolls around here got a bit annoying.

Here's to a good season and lets hope we see some awesome rugby again!

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Agreed. You can never not back Nudgee.

However, they always seem to always lack a presence on these boards, which may be considered a credit to them.
Though I am not sure if it isn't due to fact that they haven't keyed onto the whole "internet thing" yet, or that they are simply so busy in there down-time smashing the crap out of each other playing pick-up games between boarders, and eating massive amounts of meat and potatoes.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I'm thinking the Green and Gold Rugby Annual Schoolboy Awards ( much like the main forums annual awards)

- The Viking Rugby award for parents best equipped to go offroad

- The BMW Shield for school with the highest profile sponsor and associated match day priority parking for parents that drive said vehicle

- The every Terrace parent/player/old boy/coach memorial award for 'stupidest tip of the year'

- The Cattle walk memorial award for best half time entertainment

- The Toowoomba Grammar School shield, presented to the team that wins because of the most biased home town unqualified refereeing that year

- The Greene Cup awarded to the player who terminates his previous schools chances of winning the premiership

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Nudgee have already started their 1st XV initial squad training..... three trainings a week. Who else has started?

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Agreed. You can never not back Nudgee.

However, they always seem to always lack a presence on these boards, which may be considered a credit to them.
Though I am not sure if it isn't due to fact that they haven't keyed onto the whole "internet thing" yet, or that they are simply so busy in there down-time smashing the crap out of each other playing pick-up games between boarders, and eating massive amounts of meat and potatoes.
We're still getting over how the boys lost to churchie with 13 players in the mud!
Bloody Ponga, if he didn't leap about like a ghazal Hunt wouldn't taken his legs out.:)
Looking forward to the banter in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.