• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Good to see the Rebels move away from the predominantly blue jersey..
It was a bit silly in 2014 that 3 of the Australian teams featured predominantly blue jerseys. Not to mention the Blues, Stormers Bulls and Highlanders also featuring a predominantly blue jersey. Half the super rugby competition wore blue jerseys...

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/34684.php#.VMyB-9KUcV8

Max has signed for Bath, delighted for him.

The ARU is behind Max leaving the Rebels, he grew up with a Congenital Spine Disorder which has not interfered with his rugby but the ARU still was not willing to let him play. Was apparently very disappointed to leave the Rebels.

Waited till a contract was signed before posting the reason on here.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Given something similar happened with Pauliasi Manu and he played for the Chiefs the same year, are the Rebels/ARU being too cautious here for financial reasons?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Given something similar happened with Pauliasi Manu and he played for the Chiefs the same year, are the Rebels/ARU being too cautious here for financial reasons?
You have to assume so, for him to have played a few games before the ARU got in the way is what bugs me. He had a lot of potential and that's what the Wallabies need, front row players who are good at the set piece.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The fact that we got Toby, Cruze has come good, Gillespie was available and Fereti is waiting in the wings means that the loss, in terms of playing, will be less heavily felt.

But he seemed like a ripping guy, based on what I'd seen and heard. Glad he got his opportunity in England again.

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
So 28-13 to us but very rusty by both sides. Why Reid is 4th choice flanker is beyond me??? V good in counter attack but lacked a decent maul defence. A bit to work on but some promise.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sounds like Shota Horie won't be playing this year due to surgery on his neck for a nerve problem to be right for the RWC

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Yep, agree 100% swingpass. I think Shota offered more than Leafa and was unlucky to not get more of a run.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

The last paragraph is a nice little summary of recent re-signings. Quite the impressive list. I'd actually forgotten about Silvia Silvia; will be a very handy replacement for Shota.

Ah-Nau’s retention continues a spate of impressive signings and re-signings in Melbourne, with Cam Crawford, Jack Debreczeni, Tamati Ellison, Colby Fainga’a, Scott Fuglistaller, Mike Harris, Sam Jeffries, Pat Leafa, Sean McMahon, Ben Meehan, Sefanaia Naivalu, Jonah Placid, Dom Shipperley, Siliva Siliva, Nic Stirzaker and Laurie Weeks all committing until the end of 2016, and in the case of many the end of 2017, over the past nine months.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Need to get Toby Smith, Luke Jones, Neville and English onto that list as well.

Apparently we've already got Jones and English (see my post on page 64) and I agree we need to get Smith and Neville signed up. Think Caydern is only signed until the end of 2015, Toby is signed until the end of 2016.

George

Frank Nicholson (4)
Morning all. Will be in Melbourne for the first home game v Waratahs, looking for ticket information - buy from Ticketek or at the gate? Where is a good location for seating? Any info be great, longtime Reds fan, Rebels second team and happy to cheer against the Tahs!!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Morning all. Will be in Melbourne for the first home game v Waratahs, looking for ticket information - buy from Ticketek or at the gate? Where is a good location for seating? Any info be great, longtime Reds fan, Rebels second team and happy to cheer against the Tahs!!

An anyone by the Tah's fan - you'll fit right in down here in Mexico :)

In terms of ticket's I'd recommend oyu keep an eye on the Rebels Ticket page. see:

http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/club/events/2015-super-rugby-tickets

Having a quick look there it' doesn't ahve information for matches that far into the future. How my experience has been that you can easily purchase tickets at the gate if you get there early, say around 6:30 - 6:45. I've had frieds who have attended games and got tickets fairly quickly. You can also buy them on Ticketek, but probably haven't been released yet.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
All tickets are already on sale for the whole season.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=REBELS0215

There's also a curtain raiser for this match that's just been announced. The Melbourne Chargers against the Sydney Convicts.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10419996_819348451435214_1911588510945232102_n.jpg?oh=eb02134997455bcb7cb528e2911bc525&oe=5550C17F&__gda__=1431859619_96fd328d8ce515e8a7be5d0176c0c7ae

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)

Also what Timmy forgot to mention is that there is no bad seats in Aami park. The first year I moved around and sat in 8 different sections and can say I was pretty happy with the view from all.

http://www.aamipark.com.au/tour/seating_tour.html

Is handy as you click on any section and see the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.