• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Burgess really was terrible last night but there won't be too many of the players on show asking their agent to add the game to their highlights reel. He really shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad at this stage but it's slim pickings at centre for them presently and I wouldn't fall over from shock if he makes an appearance at some stage.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
IMO he's wasted playing in the backline in rugby. He's a big strong guy who loves the tough stuff - they should be teaching him how to play 6 or 8 with a long term view instead of hoping that he can play centre at RWC 2015.

SBW has definitely had an impact on selectors, even if Burgess played up to 75% of SBW's level you have a game winner. At Bath the guy pretty much plays 6 exclusively, why he was thrown straight in at 12 in a game against D'Arcy, even if old has near 90 international caps, is a bit odd. If England really wanted him at 12 why didn't the coaching set up ask Bath to give him more of a run there.

He doesn't quite have the acceleration of SBW, looks a bit lethargic when he starts running but usually hits a pace good enough for a back. Could be a destructive 6, I hope he doesn't flop, he has shown some promise, if he does live up to anywhere near his potential it'll add something special to the game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's no where near dynamic enough to be a centre, he's powerful, tough and has a big engine. Give him time to understand the breakdown and set-pieces and I think he could be devastating 6 or 8.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Has there already been a league player who has converted to the backrow with no prior experience? I'd imagine the position at international level would be too foreign and technical for them to be effective at all.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Has there already been a league player who has converted to the backrow with no prior experience? I'd imagine the position at international level would be too foreign and technical for them to be effective at all.

I guess the closest you'd get would be Thorn. He was always great at ruck time but then again it was more clearing out than competing. Amazing the guy is still playing at the top level for Leicester up north.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Did Palu have prior experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of Cliffy Palu's junior time was spent playing junior league for Mona Vale. His first game of rugby was colts for Manly in 2001. He played 2 years of 2nd row in colts before switching to no8 when he went to grade.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
England having a lot of injury right now. Cole will be playing his first game back since injury if I understand correctly. On his day probably the best scrummaging tight head around but boy you can't throw him back in on his first or at most second or third game back into a 6N away fixture. Jenkins even if not a totally dominant at scrum time will be licking his lips.

Would surely be detrimental to the whole playing games and good form gets you picked attitude in camp. A lot of on form English tighties about.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Does anyone know when these games will be telecast?

It says ESPN is the Australian broadcaster but I can't find anything in the Foxtel guide. Please don't tell me they're online only on ESPN3.com.au.

By my calculations England v Wales should be 7am Saturday morning, and the other games at 1am and 4am Sunday morning (all Sydney times).

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Does anyone know when these games will be telecast?

It says ESPN is the Australian broadcaster but I can't find anything in the Foxtel guide. Please don't tell me they're online only on ESPN3.com.au.

By my calculations England v Wales should be 7am Saturday morning, and the other games at 1am and 4am Sunday morning (all Sydney times).
BeIN sports, old Setanta channel has it.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Boooooooooo!

So much for every piece of information I can find saying that ESPN has the rights here.

I think ESPN has delayed coverage, but games Live are on BeIn sports. Will be watching on Internet for Wales v England and the other two games in the pub.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
Boooooooooo!

So much for every piece of information I can find saying that ESPN has the rights here.
Not sure how relevant it is to Oz,but Setanta certainly have the rights here in Thailand.We get to see games at a reasonably watchable time,except for the first one which is at 3 am.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
How is Maitland out injured the guy almost scored the match winning try in the dying minutes of the Bath Glasgow game. Maybe that last tackle was rubbish luck and he picked it up there.

Shame really the guy is a class act. Hope Scotland can still nab two wins this campaign the signs this Autumn were promising.
Now Maitland is heading off to London Irish, I suspect he will retire from international rugby.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
England having a lot of injury right now. Cole will be playing his first game back since injury if I understand correctly. On his day probably the best scrummaging tight head around but boy you can't throw him back in on his first or at most second or third game back into a 6N away fixture. Jenkins even if not a totally dominant at scrum time will be licking his lips.

Would surely be detrimental to the whole playing games and good form gets you picked attitude in camp. A lot of on form English tighties about.
Cole's scrummaging ability is hugely over rated. In the France game last year, Domingo made a mess of him and he gave away half a dozen penalties. Wilson is better in the set piece and England will miss him hugely in Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.