• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Carter and Enever in the 2nd row, with Fardy, Butler and Pococok in the back row.

Enever has all the qualities for success at the Brumbies - he was discarded by the Reds.

T

TOCC

A lot of workhorses, not many line breakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
JB won't let you down at 8. The question is do you back one of your new locks with Carter (Enever is the one I reckon, he's served a long apprenticeship and is ready) or Smiler at 6 who is also good. You lot will be fine

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
I have previously stated that I would like to see Fardy have a run at 6 and equally would like to see Butler have a chance at 8. Pocock is a given at 7 and with Vaea and Smiler we have alternatives for both 6 & 8. Fardy and Smiler gives the 3rd lineout option which I think is essential.
Will be interesting at this weeks trial as it is possible that at some point they will run their preferred unit as it is their last trial against Super level opposition.
Mind you having a pack of workhorses with a Wallaby class backline won't serve us too badly in the season ahead you would think

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I would personally prefer Fardy at 6, but I suspect the locks and back row will be :

4 Fardy
5 Carter
6 Smiler
7 Pocock
8 Butler,

with reserves being Enever or Coleman and Vaea.

Gives at least three lineout jumpers at any one time, with cover at 6 and 8 through Vaea and cover at 7 through Butler.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Whoever was asking about Seilala Lam earlier, he's playing for the Asia-Pacific Dragons vs the Force on Saturday

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
that article also seems to be implying that Fardy will be playing at 6 (as he's not mentioned as a contender for a lock spot).

So a possible Rd 1 line-up?

Sio
Mann-Rea
Alexander
Carter
Staniforth
Fardy
Pocock
Butler
White
To'omua
Tomane
Lealiifano
Kuridrani
Speight
Coleman

JP Smith
R Smith
Makin (or is Siliva actually fit?) - wait, forgot that Moore is supposed to be back for the game and will come off the bench
Enever/Arnold
Fotu/Smiler
Dowsett
Iona
Dargaville/Taliauli

Bench depth in the backs is a worry

ACT Waterboy

Stan Wickham (3)
that article also seems to be implying that Fardy will be playing at 6 (as he's not mentioned as a contender for a lock spot).

So a possible Rd 1 line-up?

Sio
Mann-Rea
Alexander
Carter
Staniforth
Fardy
Pocock
Butler
White
To'omua
Tomane
Lealiifano
Kuridrani
Speight
Coleman

JP Smith
R Smith
Makin (or is Siliva actually fit?) - wait, forgot that Moore is supposed to be back for the game and will come off the bench
Enever/Arnold
Fotu/Smiler
Dowsett
Iona
Dargaville/Taliauli

Bench depth in the backs is a worry

Fotu is injured so probably smiler or doyle
I think arnold is more likely to start than staniforth seeing as he started in a very strong line up in the highlanders trial

otherwise can't argue, iona is rubbish so there is some serious concern there

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Fotu is injured so probably smiler or doyle
I think arnold is more likely to start than staniforth seeing as he started in a very strong line up in the highlanders trial

otherwise can't argue, iona is rubbish so there is some serious concern there

Don't think they'll run with a back up No 7 on the bench, so I'm anticipating Smiler to cover No 6, and he has been going ok lately.

I agree that Arnold will probably start and maybe Enever on the bench. Think Tom needs another year (or at least more time) before taking on Super rugby.

Would rather see Moore start to see how long he can play instead of bringing him on for a set time later in the game when it probably isn't known just how long he will last in his first game. And what happens if Mann-Rea goes down in the first 5 - 10 minutes?

Without Ah Wong, the backs bench does look a bit thin. Hopefully one or both of Dargaville and Taliauli step up to the required standard, and Moggy comes back fit and in form. We do look a bit weak in the 9 and 10 reserve spots at the moment.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
So what are we thinking of Rory Arnold? Is he showing much other than size? Has he bulked up or slimmed down since training began? Could he be the brumbies Skelton?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
My thoughts are this back 3 are sorted
Fardy
Poey
Butler

Locks Carter and the next best. But what Im looking forward to this season is 2 of our 8's Ita and Futo if we can get them fit and firing we will have a massive dominate player all game.. Teams are dreaming of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.