• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
The new levy and insurance imposition has been rejected by Subbies, NSW Country, NSW, Sydney and Country Juniors and now Brisbane Seniors and Juniors have told the QRU they will not be paying. Assuming SRU does the same, it's dead in the water and the positions of certain people at the ARU are untenable.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
heard that tony daly is the scrum coach at parramatta. is this a dangerous move for gerard fasavalu?
Coach Fasavalu is a very intelligent young man, not scared of bringing in others where he believes they have something to offer. Personally I think it's a good move. Parra have a couple of young front rowers who will benefit immensely from this move.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
If you are going to troll me..... you'd better lift your game...I'll give this last incarnation about an hour

E

emus4life

If you are going to troll me... you'd better lift your game.I'll give this last incarnation about an hour

i am not trolling you brett. sorry if you have taken offence because none was meant. happy new year

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
i wasnt meaning any harm or malice towards gordon. it is a club that i am fond as i am of parra. i played colts for manly and am a avid lover of the game. sometimes people in rugby cant be perfect. i think forgiveness is an important weapon that we need and not just cutting off. we need to all pull in the same direction to help aust rugby. cheers emus

Agreed, I was suggesting that but at the same time pointing out there has been an Emu Icon treading on toes - and suggesting a different approach maybe beneficial for all.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who are the Colts 2014 "names" that will be up in "Grade" for 2015 that we should be keeping an eye out for?

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Who are the Colts 2014 "names" that will be up in "Grade" for 2015 that we should be keeping an eye out for?
Not about to provide a shopping list for other clubs but expect to see some of last years Two Blues colts pushing for 1st grade spots through the season.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Grow the grass roots!!

Great to see 2 or Manly's junior teams (Allambie Jets / Harbord Harlequins) playing against 2 of Parramatta's juniors for the Curtain Raiser for the season opener out at Parramatta.

No doubt kids will have a ball and drag there mates to games.

Grow the grass roots

Thanks Belly - great work.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
Was out at Merrylands on Saturday to watch the Tahs vs. Uni, Wicks & Parra trial - decent crowd, especially given how hot it was. Well done Parra on what felt like a carnival type atmosphere with live music after the game/s.

Now let's get down to business - with trials about to start for most clubs, who looks good, can we expect improvement/less from certain teams?, etc.

As is the norm in SS, you hear plenty of rumours but sounds like Manly have lost several 'old heads' with Blake leaving.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)

Not sure if they're playing grade (assume so) but I'd be keeping my eye on Alex Newsome (centre) from Easts and Ned Hanigan from Wicks (lock/6) - two promising young players, who I'm sure both got a run on Saturday for the Tahs given they're in the NSW U20's squad.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Not sure if they're playing grade (assume so) but I'd be keeping my eye on Alex Newsome (centre) from Easts and Ned Hanigan from Wicks (lock/6) - two promising young players, who I'm sure both got a run on Saturday for the Tahs given they're in the NSW U20's squad.

Hanigan played a few first grade games at the beginning of 2014 and looked seriously out of his depth. I then saw him play several games later in the year (including the finals series) in Colts 1 and could appreciate what all the hype was about -- he's so mobile and fast for a lock. It will be interesting to see whether the Wicks keep him in Colts for another year or move him up into grade and how he goes if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.