• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
BREAKING NEWS:

FoxTel reporting QRU, ARU and RUPA have agreed that KHunt shoud be stood down for this weekend (at least).

Source: - Nick McArdle at Oranges during Chiefs vs Brumbies

T

TOCC

Karmichael has been stood down at this stage.

And to clarify, he hasn't been arrested or charged at this point, he has a notice to appear in court.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
He was named only yesterday to play so you'd think the Reds had no idea what was coming. I am wondering if they may missed any little tell tale signs like mirrors being taken down and laid on top of benches in the change room.

They just announced he is stood down for this weekend and the allegation is he was buying coke between Sep 8 and Oct 3 last year not Sep to Dec as previously reported.

something

Jim Clark (26)
People who abuse heroin and other substances would still commit crime. Very hard to hold down a job when you're high on drugs for half the day and semi-comatose for the rest of it and/or having hallucinagenic episodes.

Sound great in theory, but.only in theory.

in my opinion, legalisation would be very similar to that of alcohol. You wouldn't rock up to work drunk, nor would u go to work on heroin, acid, cocaine etc. even if it were legal. Government roles - Regulate the product, control the supply. then privatise. You only have to look at Colorado to see that it works.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
"Cigarettes are in a completely different category to alcohol and other drugs. While all substances do some harm to the user, cigarette smokers tend not to bash, maim or kill innocent citizens after excessive use."

Have you ever been in a room full of people on pingers?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Queensland Rugby Union statement regarding Karmichael Hunt

The Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) today further clarified recent events involving Karmichael Hunt.

QRU confirms that Karmichael has been served with a Notice to Appear in Court. He is expected in Southport Magistrates Court on 5 March 2015.

QRU also wishes to clarify some misinformation currently being reported:
• Karmichael has not been arrested or charged. He has received a notice to appear.
• The period in question is not between June and December 2014. The period is between September 1 to 3 October 2014.
• Karmichael joined the Queensland Reds for official pre-season training on 24 November 2014. Karmichael’s formal contractual period with QRU commenced on 1 January 2015.

QRU CEO Jim Carmichael said: “As this matter is due before the courts on 5 March and is part of a wider and ongoing investigation by the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission the QRU will not be in a position to determine a formal course of action until legal proceedings have concluded, as we will not be prejudicing the player’s legal, contractual or natural rights.

“However, it has been determined by QRU, ARU and the Rugby Union Players’ Association and after discussion with Karmichael that it would be best for his welfare that he is not available for selection this weekend.”

T

TOCC

Yep as expected, stood down but no termination of contract until the legal proceedings have taken place..

Despite what has been said in this thread he hasn't been arrested or charged at this stage.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Notice to appear

A notice to appear provides a general description of the offence charged, rather than the formally worded charge in a summons. It doesn’t have to be sworn on oath, so police can issue it on the spot.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The wording of that press release is interesting. They're either trying to minimise or they're going to back him.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
The CCC have arrested him but he hasn't been arrested by police. Any Lawyers here want to comment what that means?

The guys on Foxtel said he hadn't been arrested but summonsed to appear and answer questions.

No lawyer here but he's fucked!

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The wording of that press release is interesting. They're either trying to minimise or they're going to back him.

You mean where they say the allegation is based on just the period of time before he started at the Reds.

I think the Reds are minising their exposure as this is pretty serious.

As for supporting K we are talking about a person here that up until this morning the Reds thought a lot of given the position of leadership they'd given him.

They can do both here given the circumstances. Minimise exposure and support K.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
They can do both here given the circumstances. Minimise exposure and support K.

I'm just curious as to why they are minimising. This can only go two ways and I suppose minimising supports both scenarios. If they then punt him, they are saying that his misbehaviour predates his involvement with the organisation and doesn't reflect on the organisation.

Or if they are going to back him, they are saying what he did wasn't that bad.

I couldn't care less if they keep him. I have argued many times on here that I don't consider sportspeople role models and don't think what they do on their private time should have additional consequences at their place of employment. But accept I am well and truly in the minority on that point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.