• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Good to see Murday get his first Queensland cap, made a dominant tackle on Wykes that lead to a turnover when the Force were hot on attack.

Despite the sloppiness of the contest you have to be happy as a Reds fan, it wasn't pretty but the effort was there. Well done to Lachie Turner and Frisby too for stepping up and putting in solid performances at short notice.

M

Moono75

b1aad6f0ac5b57bc0d3cea8bf5795c34.jpg

Yes well done Reds. Yes it was embarrassing to lose to the Reds. Yes I still don't think Dick Graham is a good coach. Yes I still think people and commentators patronize the Force.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ok performance, got the win so it's a close confrence for australia in the early stages.
With what happened Mr Blow and JOC (James O'Connor), Phipps did a great job with out my fix it LUCUS.

Great scrum and force were getting dominated, pitty the ref was to scared to blow a penalty try. Especially when you have Ex All Black pointing to the sticks.

Happy the Reds won, and worked hard in keeping the penalties down.

REDS

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
That was a very poor game from the Force - pretty disappointing. Can't think of one area where they could take away positives, other than maybe Sias getting back on top of his kicking. The breakdown was really poor for the Force, which is surprising.

Ref had a shocker as well, although it wouldn't have made much of a difference. A prop crawling on his knees results in a penalty try for his team? Please... And that was one of many.

Credit to the Reds for bouncing back while under every type of adverse conditions that could be thrown at them.

I hope Alcock's injury isn't severe. Who's next in line for the 7 jersey?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
great character shown by the Reds after a very shitty week, but a horrible game to watch, and the conditions are no excuse (or all those many kiwi games in shit conditions each year would not be played with such positive intent)

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
That was never going to be pretty but we dug in and got the result. I feel very proud of that effort. We lost owr most experienced forwards in the first half and still kept going strong which is significant.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That was a very poor game from the Force - pretty disappointing. Can't think of one area where they could take away positives, other than maybe Sias getting back on top of his kicking. The breakdown was really poor for the Force, which is surprising.

Ref had a shocker as well, although it wouldn't have made much of a difference. A prop crawling on his knees results in a penalty try for his team? Please. And that was one of many.

Credit to the Reds for bouncing back while under every type of adverse conditions that could be thrown at them.

I hope Alcock's injury isn't severe. Who's next in line for the 7 jersey?

Funny how our perceptions vary. IMO Sias'kicking was shit-awful particularly in the first half,and was a main contributor to the Force losing the game. Don't think he once threatened the Reds' backline defense by using his own. And it was one such kick that led to the Reds'first try which was the only highlight of a most disappointing spectacle.

I agree with your other observations.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Funny how our perceptions vary. IMO Sias'kicking was shit-awful particularly in the first half,and was a main contributor to the Force losing the game. Don't think he once threatened the Reds' backline defense by using his own. And it was one such kick that led to the Reds'first try which was the only highlight of a most disappointing spectacle.

I agree with your other observations.

Sorry, I was referring to his goalkicking. He was bad last week, missing some chippies, and he was 2/2 today.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
The Force's general kicking was absolutely horrible (though the Reds wasn't much better). I struggle to believe the Force can't pick up a better 10 than Ebersohn - I haven't seen him challenge a line this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.