• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Snouts are reporting Rod Cutler has been pinched from Parra as Assistant Coach to Fraser for 2015. And he's already jumped in the seat and is working extremely hard at bringing several of the Two Blues players with him.

Do the Wicks need them?

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Snouts are reporting Rod Cutler has been pinched from Parra as Assistant Coach to Fraser for 2015. And he's already jumped in the seat and is working extremely hard at bringing several of the Two Blues players with him.

Some times I think we need a dislike button ;)

Cactus Jack

Bob McCowan (2)
Word on the street is that Fraser has brought along a number of the fellas he coached last year for the NSW Country Cockatoos. Peter Nau (Dubbo) and Paulie Tuala (Illawarra & NSW Country Eagles) are two that apparently have signed up, but it wouldn't be a big surprise to see a few more. Anyone able to shed a little more light?

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Looking forward to Two Blues V Wicks trial tomorrow. Details of timings at MRSL Park below. All games on main field, free admission, canteen in operation.

3rd Colts 10.35
2nd Colts 11.45
1st Colts 1.05
4th Grade 2.35
3rd Grade 3.45
2nd Grade 5.05
1st Grade 6.35 (full time 8pm)

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The score lines were not good, with the exception of reserve grade where a missed kick or two was unfortunate.
Through all grades , Eastwoods defence and ability to line up out wide quickly was impressive. They monstered the scrums all day and spun it wide to cause the Wicks defence huge headaches. The scrambling defence by Wicks was impressive but not enough to prevent runaway scores.
Fourths need some speed, thirds can only get better and need to gel as a team and have a very good 7 (the beatle)
Reserves had Bennett and Harrod playing very well and looked good as a team.
Firsts will only get better especially if Horwitz and Norton can spend a bit more game time together.
The scrum machine will probably get worked over this week.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How did the young centre from Newington, Latu Latunipulu, go? Surprised to see a young man with strong family links to the Hobbits turn out in the Myrtle Green.

A big step up from 1st XV to first grade Shute Shield.

Is Brogan Roods in Team Rehab again? I always though he showed a heap of promise as a Schoolboy but he seems to have spent more time on the Injured List than the Playing Roster since he left school.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Dont know who he was, but the 13 was introduced to first grade by an experienced eastwood midfield which had him leaving on the arms of the physios.
Eyes looked slightly vacant but went off with a pronounced limp

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
How did the young centre from Newington, Latu Latunipulu, go? Surprised to see a young man with strong family links to the Hobbits turn out in the Myrtle Green.

A big step up from 1st XV to first grade Shute Shield.

Is Brogan Roods in Team Rehab again? I always though he showed a heap of promise as a Schoolboy but he seems to have spent more time on the Injured List than the Playing Roster since he left school.

I don't think Latu played, although I'm not familiar with some of the new faces yet. I'm fairly sure Seamus Frost played at 13 (from 1st colts 2014) and was injured as per Sid's post. Brogan Roods was replaced at half time in the trial v Easts -- not sure if he played the following week v Manly.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just keeping up from afar and without the 7Two giving replays of the game in QLD.

Is there a few injuries post trials? Goodbody not playing and TC in 3's?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Just keeping up from afar and without the 7Two giving replays of the game in QLD.

Is there a few injuries post trials? Goodbody not playing and TC in 3's?

I think Goodbody was injured in the trials, but he was at TGMilner on Saturday looking very fit, although not playing. TC has been with the NSW 7s team and missed some of the trials which might explain his 3s selection.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
not to polished a performance by the wicks despite the win. Most pleasing for me was the half back he is definately a welcome addition also the fullback looks handy and talaki up front. Horwitz good in first half , think he is best suited to 12. 1sts should feature deegan at 5/8 horwitz inside and kuki outside kellaway on the wing. Hanigan is ready for the second row too

Status
Not open for further replies.