• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby HQ 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Again true, but just by natural selection if you chose a panel based purely on merit (say using the criteria I used above as a rough guideline) they are all going to come from different backgrounds and experiences regardless

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd say you're more likely to end up with a bunch of people who are very similar because if you're searching on one set of criteria you're likely to come up with one set of results.

If you want a different set of perspectives and experiences you probably need to select people based on different criteria.

You probably need to also consider the diversity in your audience and that is why you need to appeal to different people and perspectives as well.

It's the same as some of the complaints that are made by people who don't think there is enough hardcore rugby analysis on Rugby HQ but at the same time they're trying to appeal to a varied audience so they need to have variety to their content.

Anyway, let's move on.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
I would love to have Ellyse Perry on the show because IMO she is currently the greatest Australian sportsperson. Her rugby link is slightly tenuous - she is married to Matt To'omua. So she's not a former player or coach, but I think she could offer a very interesting angle.
I think the big question is was she responsible for encouraging Matt's new haircut? Or was it partner in crime Tomane? lol

Whilst the Reds were being cut to pieces earlier this evening (tragedy!) I was discussing how Matt was part of Australia's greatest sporting partnership. I was talking shit, of course, but I like your idea of getting Perry on the show.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
who bloody cares who you sleep with at night, that doesn't help justify what you said or how you said it

I wasn't even close to crossing a line, I was over exaggerating and making the point that any person could be justified under the terms of diversity. In no way shape or form did I EVER directly or indirectly make fun of either women or homosexual people.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Feel free to pm meTOCC not quite sure how a differing opinion constitutes as passive aggressive

Done and dusted....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tom Lawton speaks a lot of good common sense. Another former hooker on TV with a good rugby brain.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sean Fitzpatrick.

Kearns has a good rugby brain, Just not sure that he uses it all that often.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought Tom Lawton was good tonight. He seems like a bloke that calls it how he sees it. i like it

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You have to remember that Tom Lawton wasn't just another hooker. The man is virtually a demi god in many places.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tom Lawton speaks a lot of good common sense. Another former hooker on TV with a good rugby brain.
Loved him as a player, can't say he's added an awful lot to the discussion on that show as far as I have seen so far. Seems to be the Red to Tah-centric Kearns, Brumbie-centric Kafer and so on. In fact the whole level of discussion last night that I saw was crap.

Druid

Herbert Moran (7)
I love this show, however the complete ignorance of anything not schoolboy is highly irritating. There was a whole bunch of discussion around the money that should be spent bringing grassroots players through the system to contracts and the gap between there and the "Waratahs" etc after the Gold Cup segment. (Start Rant) All the talk was around identifying Schoolboy Rugby kids, the gap between Schoolboys and Grade Rugby etc. There is a whole club Rugby scene played by plenty of kids who are unable to play schoolboy Rugby. Some of these actually made Gold Cup, but I guess they'll never be picked up because there non-schoolboy right..... When talking grassroots surely we should include all kids who play Rugby, imagine all of the non-schoolboy kids who play Rugby listening to that coming to the completely justifiable conclusion that unless your schoolboy you just don't matter in Rugby circles.. About time we encouraged kids from non-schoolboy background, some of them may actually be good players.. I guess we'll never know.. (end rant)..

Status
Not open for further replies.