• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Hurricanes Super Rugby 2015 Rnd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Looks like the Farce are back. What an aberration week 1 was.
The Force as a winning team is a delicate balancing act. With our best team on the park and the right attitude we can beat anyone. But it takes a small shift in that paradigm and we turn back into the Farce.

Too many injuries and no Hodgson to lead the way is a recipe for disaster.

Also, talk of Godwin in the Wallaby squad is pure fantasy. He had shit ball all night, but players pushing for higher honours need to make something out of that.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Surely alarm bells ringing over at the Force.

They narrowly avoided going 2 whole games without scoring a try and the one they did score was a bit of a fluke.

The defence is a concern with over 30 missed tackles and the set piece, more so the scrum, still needs work.

There are some blokes having a real go, McCalman for one, but it's not enough to get them to where they need to be, even after the first round win.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Also, talk of Godwin in the Wallaby squad is pure fantasy. He had shit ball all night, but players pushing for higher honours need to make something out of that.

Agreed. He really didn't have any impact and made a couple of mistakes.

For all the criticism Cheika copped for not providing him a debut on the EOYT it probably seems a bit unfair in hindsight.

Godwin has a big future but he hasn't returned to the form he showed in his breakout season.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Edit. Wizard ^

Writing this review is going to be real painful.
Absolutely embarrasing to watch the Canes dominate the Force physically and nullify our strength at the breakdown. Don't get me started on the kicking.

M

Moono75

Surely alarm bells ringing over at the Force.

They narrowly avoided going 2 whole games without scoring a try and the one they did score was a bit of a fluke.

The defence is a concern with over 30 missed tackles and the set piece, more so the scrum, still needs work.

There are some blokes having a real go, McCalman for one, but it's not enough to get them to where they need to be, even after the first round win.
Ring a ding ding

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What a catastrophic performance. We were embarrassing tonight, but the Canes were also very good. With four first team All Blacks in their backline it was men vs boys and we were never in the hunt. They should have put sixty on us if I'm honest.

Our kicking out of hand was poor, as was the chase. I really don't like Junior at 12 and I think we need Godwin back in that channel. The backrow got schooled, which disappointed me -- it's normally a hallmark of our game to dominate the breakdown (injuries don't help, but that's not really the point).

M

Moono75

Godwin to 12, Brache to 13, Junior and Scott (he is quick) to the wings and Morahan to 15. Wykes isn't a leader of men, strip him and give captaincy to the Dog. Don't know why Steenkamp wasn't playing. I know its only week 3 but I am seriously worried about a regression year. They showed nothing tonight, similar to last week and this was first home game.

Off to Margaret River tomorrow for a week. Any winery recommendations welcome....i know my beer? Look forward to the Brumbies v Rebels game...Caves House yeah!

Recommendations so I can get blind.....sorry....drink in moderation everyone...:)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Gutted. We sucked. We have no players that even look like bending the line and scored one try that was from the canes being risky looking for the BP.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
I had to turn that crap off towards the end. And I got up early to watch - not a great way to start my day. The pass that was rifled off Stander's head was the last straw. How bad has their handling been the past two weeks? Nobody can hold onto the ball in a carry?

Much like last week, nothing good came from that game - no bright spots, nothing. I hope Cottrell and Godwin coming off were precautionary measures, if they're out, things will get really dark indeed.

Although it wouldn't have made a difference in the end, how many times in the first half were the Canes allowed to cynically kill the ball, pull down the maul, etc. before a yellow is issued? Any time the Force entered the 22, it was killed. And they probably didn't need to do that to stop the try... Force would've coughed it up anyway.

Absolutely disappointed.

M

Moono75

Gutted. We sucked. We have no players that even look like bending the line and scored one try that was from the canes being risky looking for the BP.

We have some players. just in the wrong posisoins and we require a tweak of the game plan. Its bad but not so bad we can't bring it back with the right coaching moves. Has anyone mentioned Steenkamp? Wykes is not a captain.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Godwin to 12, Brache to 13, Junior and Scott (he is quick) to the wings and Morahan to 15. Wykes isn't a leader of men, strip him and give captaincy to the Dog. Don't know why Steenkamp wasn't playing. I know its only week 3 but I am seriously worried about a regression year. They showed nothing tonight, similar to last week and this was first home game.

Off to Margaret River tomorrow for a week. Any winery recommendations welcome..i know my beer? Look forward to the Brumbies v Rebels game.Caves House yeah!

Recommendations so I can get blind...sorry..drink in moderation everyone.:)

All the wineries are good,but charge like wounded bulls if buying their wine at the cellar door,There are some very good micro breweries too--I think there is one close to where you are staying-in Yallingup

the less we say about the game,the better

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Canes were good. They look bloody good at the breakdown. They don't just flop into it but take aim and smash people in the cleanout. The halves are having a field day with the profits.

They look good but would rather reserve judgement until they play some derby matches.

I don't know what to say about the Force other than they looked like they haven't adapted from last year and sides have them worked out. I think Hodgo is a massive loss for you blokes and you blokes are really struggling without his on field example.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
We have some players. just in the wrong posisoins and we require a tweak of the game plan. Its bad but not so bad we can't bring it back with the right coaching moves. Has anyone mentioned Steenkamp? Wykes is not a captain.
I know these guys can do the job but they aren't at the moment. Cummins will help not only with his play but experience and vibe. If that makes sense lol. DHP will also go a long way to helping. Not sure what's going on with Steenkamp. Maybe you're right. Players in wrong positions. We should stick with ebberson at 10 but have Godwin at 12 to help with the play making. Rosella can just bash the ball up to get us on the front foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.