• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Was gonna miss this week anyway, no news so far.

We've added Tim Swinson (lock), Chris Cusiter (scrum half), Dave Denton (8), Adam Ashe (8), Moray Low (Tighthead) and Alex Allan (loosehead) to the squad. Depending on niggles, I think that this will be the line-up against the Azzuri. But questions over fly half and the back row are probably the biggest.

1. Dickinson
2. Ford
3. Murray
4. Gray
5. Hamilton
6. Harley
7. Cowan
8. Denton
9. Laidlaw
10. Tonks/Horne
11. Visser
12. Dunbar
13. Bennett
14. Seymour
15. Hogg

16. Brown
17. Grant
18. Cross
19. Swinson
20. Strokosch/Ashe
21. Cusiter
22. Horne/Scott/Tonks
23. Scott/Lamont

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Whatever happened to Heathecote's career? He seemed a promising player, admittedly George Ford spelled the end of his Bath career, but now he is in Scotland right? Just not playing well I guess.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Heathcote started a number of early ganes for Edinburgh, but then found himself injured. Tonks moved from full back to fly half , and with Hidalgo-Clyne in good form, relieving him of his weakest area, his tee kicking, the combinations stuck. Struggled to break into the side since then. Signed for Worcester for next season, so will hopefully get more opportunities there, even if they get promoted.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Heathcote started a number of early ganes for Edinburgh, but then found himself injured. Tonks moved from full back to fly half , and with Hidalgo-Clyne in good form, relieving him of his weakest area, his tee kicking, the combinations stuck. Struggled to break into the side since then. Signed for Worcester for next season, so will hopefully get more opportunities there, even if they get promoted

Well here is hoping he gets some game time to develop! he always looks handy to me at Bath, and when I saw him for Scotland A a few years back against England Saxons I think.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wales v France:

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 George North, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 Liam Williams, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones, 4 Luke Charteris, 3 Samson Lee, 2 Scott Baldwin, 1 Gethin Jenkins.
Replacements: 16 Richard Hibbard, 17 Paul James, 18 Aaron Jarvis, 19 Bradley Davies, 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Mike Phillips, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Scott Williams.

Alex Cuthbert's dropping the main talking point.......

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_33290,00.html

England squad for Ireland:

Forwards (14): Dave Attwood (Bath Rugby), Kieran Brookes (Newcastle Falcons), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers), Nick Easter (Harlequins), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), James Haskell (Wasps), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Chris Robshaw (captain, Harlequins), Henry Thomas (Bath Rugby), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

Backs (12): Mike Brown (Harlequins), Luther Burrell (Northampton Saints), Danny Cipriani (Sale Sharks), George Ford (Bath Rugby), Alex Goode (Saracens), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Chris Pennell (Worcester Warriors), Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

Still no Tuilagi & 10 players released for Club duties.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3820_33383,00.html

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
No Corbesiero, Lawes, Parling or Wood is good for Ireland. Brooke's is carrying a knock which could bring in Thomas who would be very green to potentially be up against Healy. England will be stronger without the show pony May.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure Wood's absence is good for Ireland, he has been poor in the last 12 months internationally - Haskell has definitely outplayed him.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Not sure Wood's absence is good for Ireland, he has been poor in the last 12 months internationally - Haskell has definitely outplayed him.
But he is a better bench option than Croft IMHO. Brown is out. Hope he has not done himself long term damage, think he is a tremendous player who plays the game the right way, hard but fair. Starting to feel a tiny bit of confidence but am not going to worry too much until Munster have, hopefully, beaten Glasgow in Cork.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Starting to feel a tiny bit of confidence but am not going to worry too much until Munster have, hopefully, beaten Glasgow in Cork.
And didn't Glasgow win their game against Ospreys with 22 players out on international duty or injury? Gregor Townsend is really building something there.

With Brown out, I wonder if that means more Irish kick-chases. Which I'm totally fine with, as long as it's effective. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a few change-ups, like a cross kick to Bowe or Zebo.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
And didn't Glasgow win their game against Ospreys with 22 players out on international duty or injury? Gregor Townsend is really building something there.

With Brown out, I wonder if that means more Irish kick-chases. Which I'm totally fine with, as long as it's effective. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a few change-ups, like a cross kick to Bowe or Zebo.

The cross-kick to Bowe is so predictable off an Irish set-piece at this point that Spedding was waiting for Bowe before the ball even got out to the backs last time they tried it.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)

Unsure of the specific number.

Adam Ashe, Chris Fusaro, Lee Jones, Sean Maitland, Henry Pyrgos, Gordon Reid, Duncan Weir and Jon Welsh are "officially" injured, making 8.

Then Fraser Brown, Jonny Gray, Rob Harley, Euan Murray, Tim Swinson, Mark Bennett, Alex Dunbar, Stuart Hogg, Peter Horne, Sean Lamont and Tommy Seymour missing through Scotland selection adding another 11.

Ryan Wilson missing through SRU suspension and Russell though 6 Nations suspension. Total 21.

Of course, Mike Cusack, Dougie Hall and Murray McConnell are always injured, so the fact that they missed probably says something given Bryce & Fagerson played, and there was not bench scrum half. Then Tom Ryder (Northampton) and James Downey (Wasps) are out on loan.

Toonies done amazingly well, as has the squad in total, but Munster at Thomond is probably a step too far, especially with big Leone Nakarawa suspended for 3 weeks.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Unsure of the specific number.

Adam Ashe, Chris Fusaro, Lee Jones, Sean Maitland, Henry Pyrgos, Gordon Reid, Duncan Weir and Jon Welsh are "officially" injured, making 8.

Then Fraser Brown, Jonny Gray, Rob Harley, Euan Murray, Tim Swinson, Mark Bennett, Alex Dunbar, Stuart Hogg, Peter Horne, Sean Lamont and Tommy Seymour missing through Scotland selection adding another 11.

Ryan Wilson missing through SRU suspension and Russell though 6 Nations suspension. Total 21.

Of course, Mike Cusack, Dougie Hall and Murray McConnell are always injured, so the fact that they missed probably says something given Bryce & Fagerson played, and there was not bench scrum half. Then Tom Ryder (Northampton) and James Downey (Wasps) are out on loan.

Toonies done amazingly well, as has the squad in total, but Munster at Thomond is probably a step too far, especially with big Leone Nakarawa suspended for 3 weeks.
The game is at Musgrave Park or Irish Independent Park as it is now known.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I just knew it was away tbh, between the cricket world cup, AFL preseason, the 'tic playing Europa, 6 Nations and Super Rugby started, the specifics have eluded me.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I just knew it was away tbh, between the cricket world cup, AFL preseason, the 'tic playing Europa, 6 Nations and Super Rugby started, the specifics have eluded me.
No reason why you should know, Munster are the only team in the world mad enough to try and maintain two home grounds. The official opening though so the place should be full and rocking. Nigel Owens reffing as well which is always a bonus. Massive game.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)

i hope to not see any of that malarky... especially to Bowe. Don't know if Zebo is that good in the air, but massively rate Bowe.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Scotland v Italy:

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Mark Bennett, 12 Alex Dunbar, 11 Sean Lamont, 10 Peter Horne, 9 Greig Laidlaw (c), 8 Johnnie Beattie, 7 Blair Cowan, 6 Rob Harley, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Tim Swinson, 3 Euan Murray, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Alasdair Dickinson. Replacements: 16 Fraser Brown, 17 Ryan Grant, 18 Geoff Cross, 19 Ben Toolis, 20 Hamish Watson, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Greig Tonks, 23 Matt Scott.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_33730,00.html

Italy: 15 Luke McLean, 14 Michele Visentin, 13 Luca Morisi, 12 Enrico Bacchin, 11 Giovambattista Venditti, 10 Kelly Haimona, 9 Edoardo Gori, 8 Sergio Parisse, 7 Simone Favaro, 6 Francesco Minto, 5 Joshua Furno, 4 George Fabio Biagi, 3 Dario Chistolini, 2 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 1 Matias Aguero.
Replacements: 16 Andrea Manici, 17 Alberto De Marchi, 18 Lorenzo Cittadini, 19 Marco Fuser, 20 Samuela Vunisa, 21 Guglielmo Palazzini, 22 Tommaso Allan, 23 Giulio Bisegni.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3820_33551,00.html

France v Wales:

France: 15 Brice Dulin, 14 Yoann Huget, 13 Rémi Lamerat, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Sofiane Guitoune, 10 Camille Lopez, 9 Morgan Parra, 8 Damien Chouly, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir, 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Romain Taofifenua, 3 Rabah Slimani, 2 Guilhem Guirado, 1 Eddy Ben Arous.
Replacements: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Uini Atonio, 18 Vincent Debaty, 19 Jocelino Suta, 20 Loann Goujon, 21 Sebastien Tillous-Borde, 22 Rémi Talès, 23 Mathieu Bastareaud.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3820_33491,00.html

Wales: Leigh Halfpenny (Toulon), George North (Northampton Saints), Jonathan Davies (ASM Clermont Auvergne), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), Liam Williams (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Racing Metro), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, CAPT), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons). Replacements: Richard Hibbard (Gloucester), Paul James (Bath), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Wasps), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Scott Williams (Scarlets).

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/six-nations-2015-wales-coach-8712734

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
England: A Goode (Saracens); A Watson (Bath), J Joseph (Bath), L Burrell (Northampton Saints), J Nowell (Exeter Chiefs); G Ford (Bath), B Youngs (Leicester Tigers); J Marler (Harlequins), D Hartley (Northampton Saints), D Cole (Leicester Tigers); D Attwood (Bath), G Kruis (Saracens); J Haskell (Wasps), C Robshaw (captain, Harlequins), B Vunipola (Saracens).

Replacements: T Youngs (Leicester Tigers), M Vunipola (Saracens), H Thomas (Bath), N Easter (Harlequins), T Croft (Leicester Tigers), R Wigglesworth (Saracens), D Cipriani (Sale Sharks), B Twelvetrees (Gloucester)

Only two changes for England. Goode for Brown as he is still concussed, and Nowell in for May due to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.