• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 IRB Junior Rugby World Cup - Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Got wind of some good news from the Blues camp. Apparently Henry was in Canberra looking for a Brumbies contract but nothing has eventuated, so he's going to be heading back north to play with the Waratahs - not sure if it will be with Gen Blue A team or U20s, but either way we may have dodged a bullet there. :)

Guess who was playing in the NSW U20s hit-out today?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
When are the final squads for NSW and QLD for National U20's Championships being announced?

@Lee Grant, Was the Guest player at IC or OC?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^

Outside centre. Two weeks ago he played 12 for the Brumbies A team.

The 2014 NSW side was chosen late because they had a late game the week before the nationals but this year their last hit-out is on Sat 7 March so I'm guessing it will be announced on Monday 9 March

It was good to see some of the crocks back on deck: Harry Jones, Andrew Deegan, Corey Tulloch and Matt Sandell. That block of players will be influential in Canberra.

Big boppers: lock Lukhan L-T and 130 kgs THP Francis Brown looked a lot fitter than they were 2 months ago. Each is in their U/19 year and very raw but I am more hopeful now for them being picked for NSW in 2015, rather than just for next year. They looked dominant and sharp today.

AK (Andrew Kellaway) and Hanigan went OK against the Pampas XV senior team which was played after the U20 hit out.

There's going to be some tough selection issues which will be good for both NSW U20s and the national team.

Adrian Thompson said the The Aus Barbarian U20s should be just as good as the lot last year (when they nearly won it).

The Qld team is a bit of a mystery because we haven't had many reports from up there.

Anyone seen them train, or in games or hit-outs?

Uncle Joe

Herbert Moran (7)
11 Kids from the ACT side made the Aust. barbarians including this guy. My nephew Jamie Kotz. Might be hard for him to make the Aussie side but he has a couple more years in under 20's and he is captaining the ACT under 18 7s side in Sydney this weekend. (They play NSW in cup semi in the morning)
image.jpg

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
11 Kids from the ACT side made the Aust. barbarians including this guy. My nephew Jamie Kotz. Might be hard for him to make the Aussie side but he has a couple more years in under 20's and he is captaining the ACT under 18 7s side in Sydney this weekend. (They play NSW in cup semi in the morning)View attachment 5837

Congrats.
And the full team list is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Welcome to Gaggerland @UncleJoe. Good to have you aboard the good ship G&GR.

Don't be a stranger and come back often.

Under 18? Is Jamie still at school? Probably see him running around for the ACT at National Schoolboys Tournament at Riverview in July, and at U20's next year, and the year after.

Uncle Joe

Herbert Moran (7)
Welcome to Gaggerland @UncleJoe. Good to have you aboard the good ship G&GR.

Don't be a stranger and come back often.

Under 18? Is Jamie still at school? Probably see him running around for the ACT at National Schoolboys Tournament at Riverview in July, and at U20's next year, and the year after.
He finished school last year, just turned 18 even though the brumbies website says he is 17. They were right about him being quick though. We are all proud of his achievements this year so far but most proud that he is working hard and getting the rewards both in and out of rugby.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fiji U20's news
http://fijivillage.com/sport/Savou-included-in-Fiji-under-20-team-92skr5/

Five overseas based players including England based Filimoni Savou have been named in the Fiji Under 20 team for the Australian Tour on the 19th of next month.
As well as Savou, two other France-based players, one player from Australia and one based in New Zealand are the overseas based players confirmed for the Fijian U20 squad for the Australian National U20 competition.

Fiji U20 team manager Maciu Koroi said they will select 25 players from the trials yesterday [Thursday 26 Feb], and the five overseas players will join them in Australia.

Fiji U20 will play in the World Rugby Junior Trophy (not Cup) in Portugal later this year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Sideline Eye, The link you posted took me to an article on the 2013 ACT Under 20's. Won't find Suita Tai in that lot injured or fit.

This is the article referred to by Uncle Joe:
http://www.brumbies.com.au/News/Art...ominate-Australian-Barbarians-selections.aspx

Combined States (Aust Barbarians) representatives from ACT
Harrison Lloyd – Western Districts
Connal McInerney – Tuggeranong
Tyrel Lomax – Tuggeranong
Callum Smith – Tuggeranong
Brodie Leber – Western Districts
Dean Parragalli – Royals
Joel Brown – Easts
Jordan Jackson-Hope – Tuggeranong
Keith Morgan – Queanbeyan
Jamie Kotz – Gungahlin
Harry Burey – Royals

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well done to JJH who had a brain snap when he got a red card for the Aus Schoolboys on tour in NZ last year.

I haven't seen the team as I write this but Thompson said there would be some Country boys in it this year.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
QLD under 20 scored 6 tries to 0 against Bond Uni. After unsettled first 20 minutes under 20s ran away with the game. Forwards were particularly impressive with strong display by Fakosilea, Gunn and Korczyk. James Dalgleish had a good day and slotted several tricky conversion. In the backs Conrad Quick and Isaiah Perese were hard to stop. Duncan Pauaia had his first run since concussion he received during Reds game. Overall the team is well drilled and forwards in particular look very impressive. I believe Adrian Thompson was happy from what he saw today. Several players are already making a strong claim for the place in national team.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
QLD under 20 scored 6 tries to 0 against Bond Uni.

Final score was 33 - 0 after 14 - 0 at half time.
Tries to: Perese (2), Dalgleish, Sikimeti, Shanks

Starting team was:
1. Pleash
2. Shanks
3. Sikimeti
4. Korzyk
5. Potgieter
6. Tualima
7. Gunn
8. Fakaosilea
9. Fowler
10. Dalgleish
11. Fittock
12. Tanuvasa
13. Perese
14. Quick
15. Third

Substitutes
16. Rodwell
17. Guttenbeil (thought he was with the Titans?)
18. Vui
19. Rodda
4. Scott-Young
22. Jones
23. Allen
9. Fines
10. James
16. Paia'aua
19. Gauda

Withdrawals
Fox
Jurd
Maybe Rodda as well ?

Some photos:
(I have a lot more - I'll post a link tomorrow)
As @redhead said, Perese and Quick had big games
16669320251_1190f1bb12_b_d.jpg

16483292120_338357a7bc_b_d.jpg

16669341141_f856bec4df_b_d.jpg

16670723965_14c6e712ff_b_d.jpg

16670734885_056cedaa5b_b_d.jpg

B

Bobby Sands

Great reading about the QLD lads, I hope they go much better this year.

Great to hear that Lolo and Gunn looked good. They really need to be asserting themselves at this level if they want to push on to higher honours.

I am big fan of Korzyk, I just hope he grows a few centimeters and becomes a short lock at senior level or can also cover six.

How big is Pleash these days? He has always been a smallish loosehead.

Very good to hear that Perese is back on the straight and narrow (and playing 13 as opposed to wing). I once had a chance meeting with his dad, and he impressed upon me that he was struggling with the requirements of pro rugby and just needed to put his head down and keep it there.

If he can head that advice, he will be a very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.