• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pick the best player available irrespective of where playing next year.

Wgen you have a 50 - 50 call then pick the guy staying in Australia.

Kept is the standout and possibly Genia if he starts playing well consistently.

I would be surprised (not gob smacked) to see Horwill,Higgers, White or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to make RWC squad

Genia hasn't been number 1 in Australia for a while, and some could argue his not even number 1 at the Reds ATM.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hate seeing players like this leave.
I'd much rather see the ARU using money from TV deals to invest in players (grass roots) like this than chasing NRC players that may last 2-3 years

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Let's not over dramatise the situation, it is a professional sport, not a war. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you check a dictionary, I think you will find that the word "war" can be used in a number of contexts.

The "war on drugs", for example. This is common usage. Is this offensive?

T

TOCC

If you check a dictionary, I think you will find that the word "war" can be used in a number of contexts.

The "war on drugs", for example. This is common usage. Is this offensive?

Yes it does offend me, I attended a funeral only last week for a person who was a true casualty of war, a Afghanistan veteran suffering PTSD who took his own life..

So you'll have to excuse me if I think it's fucken ridiculous that people refer to this as a 'war for survival' and this player getting signed to an overseas club as a 'casualty'.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So now the Wallabies 2016 is looking a lot better.

LHP : Sio, Cowan, Daley, Hoskings, Robinson

No 2 : Moore, Charles, Siliva,

THP : Faulkner, Weeks, Ala'alatoa, Toupou

Lock : Carter, Timani, Coleman, Enever, Staniforth, Jeffries, Arnold

No 6 : Fardy, Cottrell

No 7 : McMahon

No 8 : Butler, Vaea

No 9 : Phipps, Meehan, Dowsett

No 10 : To'omua, Debreczini

No 11 : Tomane, Horne

No 12 : Lealiifano, Godwin, Dargaville

No 13 : Kuridrani (T), Rosolea, Ah Wong, English

No 14 : Speight, Shipperley

No 15 : O'Connor, Crawford, Placid, Haylett-Petty

Just need Phipps and Folau to commit to 2016 (if they haven't yet) and another lock to step up to test match level and we are looking good. Although, I have to say, to this point it is comforting that the Brumbies have been able to retain most of their current Wallabies. Otherwise, it wouldn't be anywhere near as promising for next year.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
So now the Wallabies 2016 is looking a lot better.

LHP : Sio, Cowan, Daley, Hoskings

No 2 : Moore, Charles, Siliva,

THP : Faulkner, Ala'alatoa, Toupou

Lock : Carter, Timani, Coleman, Enever, Staniforth, Jeffries

No 6 : Fardy, Cottrell

No 7 : McMahon

No 8 : Butler

No 9 : Meehan, Dowsett

No 10 : To'omua, Debreczini

No 11 : Tomane, Horne

No 12 : Lealiifano, Godwin, Dargaville

No 13 : Kuridrani (T), Rosolea, Ah Wong, English

No 14 : Speight, Shipperley

No 15 : O'Connor, Crawford, Placid

Just need Phipps and Folau to commit to 2016 (if they haven't yet) and another lock to step up to test match level and we are looking good. Although, I have to say, to this point it is comforting that the Brumbies have been able to retain most of their current Wallabies. Otherwise, it wouldn't be anywhere near as promising for next year.

Jeez BR - I had previously thought you had a reasonably good take on the game..

Boy, was I wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
BR you've lost your melon mate.

Slipper, Simmons, Holmes,
Hooper, probably Pocock, Big Dog etc. will all still be here

Have any of these yet signed a contract for 2016? In my original post, I clearly said that I haven't been able to get a lot of current information on the contract status for Reds and Tahs players especially. So, if you know any who are signed up for 2016, then I'll be more than happy to include them and strengthen the squad.

From what I do know, Poey and Simmons are currently only signed for 2015. I'm pretty sure McCalman hasn't yet signed beyond 2015 and I don't know Hooper's status.

My whole point is that even with all the players leaving, we still have a very good squad left of players who have committed to 2016 and/or beyond.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Jeez BR - I had previously thought you had a reasonably good take on the game..

Boy, was I wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Scrubber - see my reply above to @hammertime. Are there any Reds who have committed to next year who are missing? The best info I can find by trawling through the Reds 2015 thread is that Daley, Toupou and possibly O'Connor are signed, but Gill, Hanson, Simmons, Slipper, Browining, Taulagi, Cooper and Talekai are only signed for 2015 atm. Can't find any info on the Faingaas, Schatz, CFS, Tapuai, Frisby or Holmes.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Phipps is signed to 2017. Pretty sure Benn Robinson is signed to 2016. He signed a 3 year contract before the Lions tour under Deans and before the scrum rules changed and then a few months later got dropped by McKenzie. Read two different articles about TPN one said he's off contract the other that he is signed to 2016.