• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Final scorers 19-9. At least it didn't get ugl and England showed some grit to come back into the game.

Better team won though definitely, England made way too many mistakes at critical times. Ireland must be dark horses for the world cup later?

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Sloppy at the end. Could've won by more but ill take it. England conceded way too many penalties.

I really did expect Ireland to put their foot on our throats and finish us off. I couldn't see New Zealand or South Africa allowing a team back in the game (sort of), with a 16 point lead.

English discipline was terrible really.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
I really did expect Ireland to put their foot on our throats and finish us off. I couldn't see New Zealand or South Africa allowing a team back in the game (sort of), with a 16 point lead.

English discipline was terrible really.

I reckon most of it was down to the fact Sexton went off injured at the same time Ireland went ahead by that much. He really is the drive in that team.

Hopefully Sexton and Heaslip are ready for the Wales game.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
I reckon most of it was down to the fact Sexton went off injured at the same time Ireland went ahead by that much. He really is the drive in that team.

Yeah the Sexton factor is huge. But I can't help but feel that isn't good for you as a team to be so central around one figure. I mean what happens if he is injured or concussed in a big WC game? Fantastic player though

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Yeah the Sexton factor is huge. But I can't help but feel that isn't good for you as a team to be so central around one figure. I mean what happens if he is injured or concussed in a big WC game? Fantastic player though

If Jackson wasn't injured it would still be a step down but it wouldn't be as huge of a change as Jackson has a fantastic passing game. However, as such Madigan isn't in the form he was at the beginning of the season and Keatley is the only alternative who admitedly, isn't bad by any means. But I wouldn't rank him over Jackson.

But saying that the AB's were equally reliant on Carter for periods, every top team will have a solid player that simply seems irreplacable. Funny thing is people harped on about how Ireland would struggle if BOD retired, if SOB, Heaslip, Healy was injured etc but the team has more than coped through that.

That said, if Sexton was injured I would be mightily worried!

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)

Murray was sublime today, I think Keatley has to come onto the bench, Viscount Wonderhair is too flakey. Wish Paddy Jackson was fit!!! And Gareth Steenson would head home!!!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hmmm. Wish came true! So it s on for Cardiff. It's going to come down to the back rows. Not a day for the optimism gnome imo. Hope biggar, Sam the bread and Samson are there. We re going to need them

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If Jackson wasn't injured it would still be a step down but it wouldn't be as huge of a change as Jackson has a fantastic passing game. However, as such Madigan isn't in the form he was at the beginning of the season and Keatley is the only alternative who admitedly, isn't bad by any means. But I wouldn't rank him over Jackson.

But saying that the AB's were equally reliant on Carter for periods, every top team will have a solid player that simply seems irreplacable. Funny thing is people harped on about how Ireland would struggle if BOD retired, if SOB, Heaslip, Healy was injured etc but the team has more than coped through that.

That said, if Sexton was injured I would be mightily worried!
I think Murray is also key to Ireland success. Hate to say it but this Ireland team is not a one man band

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Murray was sublime today, I think Keatley has to come onto the bench, Viscount Wonderhair is too flakey. Wish Paddy Jackson was fit!!! And Gareth Steenson would head home!!!
Hey plastic, Isn't cheltenham week on about the same time as the welsh game? Which one are you going to be watching. m4 is going to be busy!

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The cross-kick to Bowe is so predictable off an Irish set-piece at this point that Spedding was waiting for Bowe before the ball even got out to the backs last time they tried it.
Guess England didn't get Spedding's "predictable Irish" memo. The qualifier here is Bowe, who still challenged on the first cross-kick, regaining possession on England's goal line and eventually resulting in a penalty (England were lucky not to give up a try).

The second predictable cross-kick went to Henshaw and resulted in a try.

Execution arguably trumps anticipation.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
In Ireland it's blarney, not malarky.

That's where it went wrong! The England team were expecting malarky, no wonder the f*cked up! :D

Oh and a quick fact that I am surprised wasn't picked up on earlier. or at least i haven't seen it mentioned. Congrats to George North for being the youngest player to ever reach 50 caps. Pretty good player really.

Status
Not open for further replies.