• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds Super Rugby 2015 Rnd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Considering how the 'team' is looking it's a little surprising to see a few of our guys coming back into some form. Genia is looking good and seems to build each week. Gill is finding all of those strings he had in his bow before his interrupted season last year and if he continues will push his claims for an international spot again. Our young backs are finding their feet more each week; Kerevi and Kuridrani are going well and will be awesome if we ever decide to use our backs to run some set moves or develop an attacking plan.
O'Connor is amazing with ball in hand. If we get him into the back three he will be dangerous. Thomson is just unreal. Slipper is Slipper and Talakai is going to be an excellent find for the Reds.
When we get our Wallaby locks back and our star fly half our bench will be better for it and we will really trouble some teams despite having little to no structure, shape or game plan.
It really should be but all is not lost this season.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
RR I like your unfettered optimism in the face of dire evidence to the contrary. But I sincerely hope you are on the money for next week's game and give those Tahs a good run for their money. I do think that Frisby must come into No 10 and JOC (James O'Connor) should probably go back to 15. But apparent lack of a game plan aimed at winning a game seems to be a very big hurdle atm.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Looked like he had an ice pack on his thigh so I'm hoping it was just a cork. Not sure but. Just guessing.

T

TOCC

It's been reported there are no new injuries from the game so Kerevi should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyway fellas, I going over to Dunedin for this game, couple of Red's suuporters, and a couple of us good guys (kiwis) try to make a game somewhere each year and decided we needed to see the Farr Forsyth stadium, so this is the one we going to, gotta say I looking forward to it too!

How was it? Make it back to the motel OK, or get side-tracked by the Ale House?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I thought Genia was one of our best tonight. Which says a lot for how the rest went.

He had some very good points but I think he cost us a try when Gill had a bit of a break early on. Instead of clearing the ball he waited for the ref to give a penalty and complained about the opponents in the ruck playing foul.

This is my biggest gripe with Genia, and towards the end of the NRC Frisby started getting it too.

Play the ball not the referee, if the ball is able to be passed to players moving forward then bloody pass it and if it was really a penalty you will get advantage if it goes wrong.

Why do halfbacks seem to always come onto the scene and astound people at how quick they deliver the ball and with time start to think they should argue with the referee and wait for penalties? Gregan had this same issue in my opinion.

I put it down to poor coaching, hook him off the field and he wont make the same mistake next weel.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Because they play and every one goes 'owh look how fast he is isn't he awesome. But his accuracy is a bit shit.' so they work on there accuracy and they realise that the only way to fix it up is slow down a bit. Then everyone goes 'he's so shit his pass is better but he's so fucking slow' how can they ever win?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
JOC (James O'Connor) played very well at 10 for the first few minutes only. He should be moved to 15 or the wing and Pickle re-installed at 10

Gill was good and Thomson not as good as last week.

Genial was fairly average as we're others.

We miss Simmons and Horwill big time

That was a game there to be taken

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Because they play and every one goes 'owh look how fast he is isn't he awesome. But his accuracy is a bit shit.' so they work on there accuracy and they realise that the only way to fix it up is slow down a bit. Then everyone goes 'he's so shit his pass is better but he's so fucking slow' how can they ever win?
I dont see how standing with your foot on the ball for 3 seconds while having one hand pointing at a hand on the ball and yelling at the ref is going to help accuracy.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
How was it? Make it back to the motel OK, or get side-tracked by the Ale House?

Well WOB, it was great. Love the Stadium, obviously the result was good for me but not for Aussie mates that came, and of course was in Te Anau to watch cricket in pub on Sat!!
My impression of game was very similar to most here I think, JOC (James O'Connor) played well but was out of position at 10, mind you Marty Banks for the Clan struggled to I thought. I actually commented that JOC (James O'Connor) seemed to be as lost at 10 as he was in Dunedin Airport when he was asking me where he was staying!!!
Had a few days travelling around Otago /Southland (Queenstown, Milford Sounds , Bluff for oysters etc etc) and would highly recommend a rugby trip to Dunedin to anyone looking for a reason to have a few rugby days away, as I said Stadium is right up there with any I have been to!!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Well WOB, it was great. Love the Stadium, obviously the result was good for me but not for Aussie mates that came, and of course was in Te Anau to watch cricket in pub on Sat!!
!

Texas Steakhouse? Watched a rugby game there a couple of days after Anzac Day 2003. Fantastic area.

Status
Not open for further replies.