• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bend Bind and Drive!!

Bob McCowan (2)
thanks for that mate! i thought last week South harbour should of put away Northern Inland last week but let it down in the second half, what about Souths backs last week they were pretty promising with alot of talent out there.
They have a bigger pack which lays a good platform for the backs, they destroyed the last two teams at scrum time, Souths backs are getting more than there share of the ball most of it on the front foot.They created a lot of overlaps but didn't always use them.. Need to pass more in my opinion and the results would of been different. Lack of spatial awareness and vision but they are only young and they can only get better as time goes on. That's the point of this comp in my opinion.Fingers crossed.

Bend Bind and Drive!!

Bob McCowan (2)
They have a bigger pack which lays a good platform for the backs, they destroyed the last two teams at scrum time, Souths backs are getting more than there share of the ball most of it on the front foot.They created a lot of overlaps but didn't always use them.. Need to pass more in my opinion and the results would of been different. Lack of spatial awareness and vision but they are only young and they can only get better as time goes on. That's the point of this comp in my opinion.Fingers crossed.
You might be thinking of South Harbour 17's? Watched the game today and they played really well good cohesion between backs and forwards, I noticed the forwards got in the way a little last week against Northern Inland but today they gelled together well. The outside backs got some good clean and early ball which allowed them to show some classy rugby and gain their first win of the comp. Great team win.

S

sidelineview

Apparently the Sydney North U17s had a big win over Illawarra today. did anyone see the game?

Thomo77

Frank Nicholson (4)
I totally agree on the need for professionalism in the program and this probably goes to my earlier comment about organisation, equipment and logistics.

I'm sure everyone involved is doing their best in the circumstances but it seems thrown together at times.

The centres have almost no gear of their own and no 'home' that ties in with any structure or identity. In terms of coaching numbers they are massively light compared to league and basics like 1st aid, strapping, ice etc at games is BYO. that's miles from what you'd expect of an 'elite' program in any sport.

If they stick with it as a pathway I'm sure it will improve. Rome wasn't built in a day. but for now I think it should be looked at in line with what it is.. something new that gives kids a chance to play some more rugby, learn some new tricks, get fitter and see what other talent is around.

From my perspective, if you're going to call it an 'elite' program you have to resource it and organise it as such. The intent seems to be there, especially from the coaches, but the back office seems a long way off that so far with too few trying to do too much.
Credit where credit is due... this weekend's games have been far better supported. Physios present, ice, 1st aid etc... big improvement from a few weeks ago.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Was hot in Brisbane, teams did well to get through it.
I also received confirmation NQ will get makeup games, which is great for them.
Did hear Gold Coast U15's are impressive across the park, big big pack and quick backs, they shell shocked the Logan boys with a quick couple of tries. But was a great game till the end.
Brisbane Purple U15's are going along quietly, racking up a couple of wins, some impressive defence by them again.
Be interesting when Purple play Brisbane Pink, hear Pink boys are very confident.
That might be the game to decide that pool?
Big weekend coming up with many teams in Qld playing 2 games this round.

BrumbyJacksMate

Peter Burge (5)
The U17 ACT vs NW Sydney first half was a real arm wrestle and there wasn't much in it, with a half time score of 10-5 to the ACT. The Cobras placed the ACT defence under the blow torch for a significant amount of time. After half time things changed and the ACT back line kicked into action. It was a game of two halves. There can be no doubt all the boys played there hearts out in what was incredibly tough conditions. A credit to all.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Brisbane Purple U15's are going along quietly, racking up a couple of wins, some impressive defence by them again.
Be interesting when Purple play Brisbane Pink, hear Pink boys are very confident.
That might be the game to decide that pool?
I think Darling Downs will have a thing or two to say about that. I heard they rolled the sunny coast quite convincingly.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Yes, it was extremely hot, close for first 10-15 minutes, then the floodgates opened. Forwards reasonably matched. Backlines far apart.

Match reports for all Illawarra games on IDRU website. Link below:

http://www.idru.com.au/en/606-sydney-sides-too-strong-in-gold-cup

I just want to say to whoever did those match reports that they are fantastic and extremely unbiased considering they are on a website associated with the team. I just read the report about the Western game and I'm not sure we'd be able to be as unbiased as that report is. Kudos.

S

sidelineview

I just want to say to whoever did those match reports that they are fantastic and extremely unbiased considering they are on a website associated with the team. I just read the report about the Western game and I'm not sure we'd be able to be as unbiased as that report is. Kudos.

They were good reports; it's appreciated.
However, it would be of interest to read a report with some names of the Sydney North players being mentioned.
Reading match reports of all the games would be good.
U15s SN 72 Illawarra 7
U17s SN 60 Illawarra 7

Status
Not open for further replies.