• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skillzthatkillz6

Bob McCowan (2)
After a big season at st edmunds last year, with the like of Setu, McNulty, kember and tigafua. They can back up another preimiership. It all comes down to adapting to the new coach. They have a structered program and structured team. The like of Harris, Taylor, Auld, fernendez. They are are big part of the team and have to show leadership from continuing on great achievements in which the college is striving for

Thatguythatknowsit

Frank Row (1)
After a big season at st edmunds last year, with the like of Setu, McNulty, kember and tigafua. They can back up another preimiership. It all comes down to adapting to the new coach. They have a structered program and structured team. The like of Harris, Taylor, Auld, fernendez. They are are big part of the team and have to show leadership from continuing on great achievements in which the college is striving for

Those boys will easily be out skilled by other teams, plus the second row options for SEC are all looking very weak. I am yet to hear of one person to have even half secured a spot, scrums from sec will be shaky. I believe that both Cade Bandit and Cory Charlick are going to get the no.4 and no.5 can anyone verify this?

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Those boys will easily be out skilled by other teams, plus the second row options for SEC are all looking very weak. I am yet to hear of one person to have even half secured a spot, scrums from sec will be shaky. I believe that both Cade Bandit and Cory Charlick are going to get the no.4 and no.5 can anyone verify this?

Can't verify but Cory Charlick from what I've heard is a pretty decent second row. Has the size and height for a lock but Cade Bandit I don't believe is up to the standard of 1st XV.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
AIC Team 2015

1. Jack O'Connor (ASH - Chairman's XV 2014)
2. Darece Anae (SEC - Chairman's XV 2014)
3. Tom O'Toole (PAD - AIC 2014, Combined States 2014)
4. Angelo Pepe (IONA)
5. Lachlan Mckinnon (ASH)
6. Justin Sikimeti (SPC)
7. Riley Harris (SEC)
8. Archie Taylor (SEC)
9. Tom McDonald (SEC - AIC 2014)
10. Carter Auld (SEC)
11. Andrew Richardson (SEC)
12. Michael Dickie (IONA)
13. Steven Tatipata (SPLC - AIC 2014)
14. Brent Woolf (SPLC - Aus U15 League 2014)
15. Max Baker (VILLA)

SEC - 6
SPLC - 2
IONA - 2
ASH - 2
SPC - 1
VILLA - 1
PAD - 1

Outside backs and back row will probably change around a bit once the season is under way. Angelo Pepe will play prop this year for IONA as he did last year, but is a much stronger number 4 lock than Padua's standout lock Sonny Ah San.

Brent Woolf I believe will be just as capable at either wing or fullback. Michael Dickie is a powerful centre and will compliment the skills of Steven Tatipata.

Player of the season will be Tom O'Toole. Betting he will get the 3 jersey for QLD.

IDMSportmedia

Herbert Moran (7)
AIC Team 2015

4. Angelo Pepe (IONA)
6. Justin Sikimeti (SPC)
7. Riley Harris (SEC)
8. Archie Taylor (SEC)
10. Carter Auld (SEC)
15. Max Baker (VILLA)

SEC - 6
SPLC - 2
IONA - 2
ASH - 2
SPC - 1
VILLA - 1
PAD - 1

Outside backs and back row will probably change around a bit once the season is under way. Angelo Pepe will play prop this year for IONA as he did last year, but is a much stronger number 4 lock than Padua's standout lock Sonny Ah San.

Brent Woolf I believe will be just as capable at either wing or fullback. Michael Dickie is a powerful centre and will compliment the skills of Steven Tatipata.

Player of the season will be Tom O'Toole. Betting he will get the 3 jersey for QLD.

Most uninformed selection ever.

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
AIC Team 2015

4. Angelo Pepe (IONA)
6. Justin Sikimeti (SPC)
7. Riley Harris (SEC)
8. Archie Taylor (SEC)
10. Carter Auld (SEC)
15. Max Baker (VILLA)

SEC - 6
SPLC - 2
IONA - 2
ASH - 2
SPC - 1
VILLA - 1
PAD - 1

Word is Tatipata and Woolf have both left SPLC. Can anyone confirm this?

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Hey IDM, why don't you answer your own question, and give some reasons for your opinion?

Looks like you're backing SEC, what are their strengths and weaknesses in 2015?

I don't know anything yet about MCA in 2015, but after last year's debacle at Ipswich (was it 3 Ashgrove tries disallowed in the last 5 minutes or so?) the home ground advantage in Round 1 will be a positive.

At this very early stage, is it fair to say that Eddies, Ash and Padua are the most likely candidates for the premiership?

IDMSportmedia

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey IDM, why don't you answer your own question, and give some reasons for your opinion?

Looks like you're backing SEC, what are their strengths and weaknesses in 2015?

I don't know anything yet about MCA in 2015, but after last year's debacle at Ipswich (was it 3 Ashgrove tries disallowed in the last 5 minutes or so?) the home ground advantage in Round 1 will be a positive.

At this very early stage, is it fair to say that Eddies, Ash and Padua are the most likely candidates for the premiership?

Yeah mate I agree the the top three are PAD, SEC and MCA

Home field advantage will be huge in the first game but I am not keen to make any decisions yet. Will be a cracker of a game!

BREAKING NEWA - Lopi Folau has reportedly slimmed down to 95kg's. Sources from St Edmund's College say he even runs the 100m faster than johno. No doubt. Following the footsteps of his brother Tevita you will see Lopi at 13 this year.

1st line up SEC
1 Carter Auld (Can defiantly call him a piggy now)
2 Josh Fernandez (Following in the footsteps of his cousin Anae Albert, can grow an afro so that basically means he has the hops of mj)
3 Connor Lacey (built like a prop, plays like a back. expect the opposite 3 to be outmatched)
4 Nick Truelove (has turned down a 8 figure modelling contract to play 1st)
5 Josh LastNameTooComplicated (has grown a lot from pre season. stretched his bones out and eveything so look for the 6 foot 7 guy on the field)
6 Liam Mullins (Deadly...)
7 Josh Wiblen (Suspended for almost half a term he will be back at school keen to play rugby)
8 Andrew Richardson (might prefer to dj at games instead of playing, depends on the circumstances)
9 Bailey Keats (Probably will be the tiniest number 9 in AIC history, opposite number 9's will defiantly have size advantage over him)
10 Archie Taylor (Utility player really, most likely the MVP of the season, however reports say he might not play in order to secure a girl of his liking)
11 Wyatt Setu (Thinks he can step, not really, just runs over people with his Zyzz like body)
12 Matthew Mills (offseason has made him get gains, look for the red hair if you can't see this unit, although highely doubtful you will miss him since he is the new hulk)
13 Lopi Folau (10.79 seconds in 100m)
14 Riley Harris (Can catch a ball now at training)
15 Riley Washington (Captain for the season, known as the birdman he will defiantly sweep you away with his fancy footwork and does backflips when he scores)

16 Tom MacDonald (Hates the drives from laidley to brisbane so he doesn't want his car damage so maybe a no go)

themanonthehill

Frank Row (1)
Hey boys Villanova play Iona in a trial game in a couple of weeks and the team is looking like they will be able to hold their own in the big games. With nine trial games before the first game of the season Villa will have no worries with combinations and match fitness.

1st XV predication for Villa Iona trial game

1 - Ethan Henderson (1st XV 2014)
2 - Elliot Kimmins (16 A's)
3 - Kosta Kelley-Reskic (15 A's)
4 - Sam Lacey (15A's and 15's Met East)
5 - Liam Sukker (16A's)
6 - Quinn Hourigan (16A's, 1st XV bench)
7 - Jonah Rhodes (16A's, 1st XV bench
8 - Rani Robin (15A's)
9 - Max Baker (1st XV, Chairman's XV, JGC 2015)
10 - Josh Mullins (16A's, 1st XV bench)
11 - Ollie Fitzgerald (15A's, Met East) / Ben Bluett (16A's, 1st XV bench
12 - Adam Rankin (16A's) Missed most of the season due to injury
13 - Thomas Cronin (16A's, 1st XV bench, JGC bench)
14 - Damon Mulcahy (16A's)
15 - Max Harding (15A's)

With a lot of injury scares around this team at the moment, this team could change dramatically.

Propoftheyear

Frank Row (1)
The padua boys are going to absolutely kill it this yeah with the likes of Harrison lawson and Jules in the back line, just a shame Fraser won't make it because we where looking forward to playing him in the trial in the coming weeks. {Mod edited: leave the off field stuff out}

Status
Not open for further replies.