• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Reg, with the new Reds being assigned to a club, will that be announced tomorrow at the season launch?

T

Tigers Tale

The U20 National Championship commences 21 March - competing sides:
NSW
QLD
Aust Barbarian - Combined States
Tonga
Fiji

They have just had the Combined states tournament - taken out by the Force see links below:

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...-to-back-Southern-States-Under-20s-title.aspx

http://www.brumbies.com.au/News/Art...ominate-Australian-Barbarians-selections.aspx

http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/rebel-u20s-chosen-for-aus-barbarians

The JRWC2015 is being held in Italy 2-20 June 2015.

This will affect clubs not just during the tournament dates but in the lead up to the JRWC as players selected in the Australian squad will be restricted from playing for their clubs for months before if the last couple of years are anything to go by.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Full season draws and timetables available for all teams from Prems to Subbies now available on QRU website.

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/PremierRugby/FixturesResults.aspx

Looks like they've integrated all the result tables with RugbyLink and presuming information is entered correctly everyone will be able to see try scorers, kickers etc for all the grades. Pretty good feature I reckon.
This detail was always available on the QRU site for all grades - nothing new.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
still disappointed in the QRU that there will be rugby being played on Anzac Day.
I'm disappointed in the Queensland Government for not gazetting a separate Anzac Day public holiday. It's an unusual one though, because the Saturday 25 April is a gazetted public holiday so the QRU is playing a round on a public holiday - can't recall the last time off the top of my head. I wonder how this will affect any clubs paying staff at casual rates - double time and a half might sting the bar takings.

In other years the Monday would've been the public holiday (leaving 25 April as Anzac Day, but not attracting whopping penalty rates). In fact, in 2016 the Monday (26th) is the public holiday. http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/fair-and-safe-work/industrial-relations/public-holidays/dates

T

Tigers Tale

SX - I think it is really powers higher up the chain than the QRU who you should be disappointed with.

I agree that we probably shouldn't be playing sport on the 100th anniversary of the Anzac Cove landings but how was the Government going to stop the NRL/AFL from playing on Anzac Day - so (even if its not right) if they are playing then the QRU should not feel compelled to be the moral standings barer for Australian sport.

I do hope that all club engage the services of a bugler to perform the last post at the commencement of each QPR game on that day -> because we all need to stop and remember - lest we forget.

T

Tigers Tale

I didn't want to make this point in my last post which was a serious comment but I note that Easts travel to Crosby on Anzac Day.

Filth will there be a public holiday surcharge on the entrance fee that day?

Seriously though I don't think the Brothers club should be seen to be undertaking commercial activities on this special day.

I may have to miss this one on principle.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
SX - I think it is really powers higher up the chain than the QRU who you should be disappointed with.

I agree that we probably shouldn't be playing sport on the 100th anniversary of the Anzac Cove landings but how was the Government going to stop the NRL/AFL from playing on Anzac Day - so (even if its not right) if they are playing then the QRU should not feel compelled to be the moral standings barer for Australian sport.

I do hope that all club engage the services of a bugler to perform the last post at the commencement of each QPR game on that day -> because we all need to stop and remember - lest we forget.

I don't mind rugby being played in afternoon. it's more the inconvenience of lower grades in the morning.

There's some things in life (this is one of them) that's more important then a football game.

T

Tigers Tale

SX - I wasn't even thinking about the lower grades that kick off at sparrows.

An easy solution would have been to play all or at least the lower grades on the Sunday.

Simple solutions aren't really the QRU's way - why else are Easts playing 4 of their last 5 rounds away from home.

T

Tigers Tale

Karmichael has a trip to Southport on his plate today, I doubt we will be much the wiser after his hearing.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Did you get a chance to put together another glorious preview this year Reg? or did you have a chance to have any informal conversations with the team captains at the launch?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
nah, didn't attend sorry mate. Kate Elizabeth did a little thing on the Blog.

I'm toying with a little weekly blog post to pump the comp a little. Will see how we go.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Simon is doing match reports. If anyone is going to any game we are looking for a couple of paragraphs here and there to make a weekly report.

T

Tigers Tale

Sully always happy to supply objective accounts of Easts games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.