• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs, round 4, Saturday 7 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Tags will be full of themselves as usual Overconfident and all of that

Since Federation and before that has always been their mindset.

When the Reds come out firing, full of physicality the Tahs will buckle under the onslaught.

I think the only bloke in NSW team who WILL handle the pressure will be Foley

On paper Tahs should win by 20 plus but this is Qld v NSW

QLD to win comfortably

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Cannot wait for this weekend, first game for my daughter and second for Mrs redstragic. Last time she came with me, it was one of Quade's early games where he dropped the ball heaps and we got caned.

Let's go Reds, give us something yo believe in.
Can I ask how old your little girl is? Mine is 18months and I haven't yet taken her to a game yet but I'm itching to commence the religious education. My wife has prior commitments on Sat night so I'm on my own with the little one and am very tempted to take her in. :D

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tags will be full of themselves as usual Overconfident and all of that

Since Federation and before that has always been their mindset.

When the Reds come out firing, full of physicality the Tahs will buckle under the onslaught.

I think the only bloke in NSW team who WILL handle the pressure will be Foley

On paper Tahs should win by 20 plus but this is Qld v NSW

QLD to win comfortably
Like when Qld was NSW? :p
But seriously, I don't think they'll be over-confident with Cheika's Callaway Great Big Bertha in the bag. I still worry that they'll be cohesive, though.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Can I ask how old your little girl is? Mine is 18months and I haven't yet taken her to a game yet but I'm itching to commence the religious education. My wife has prior commitments on Sat night so I'm on my own with the little one and am very tempted to take her in. :D

My nephew is 13 months. Both his Dad and Uncle are massive Reds fans. He is ready for his first Suncorp experience but the only problem is that Dad promised his Aunti that she could babysit while we went to the rugby. It would brake Aunti's heart if that was taken away from her but we think the little man is ready but he will have to wait for next year. He is a rough little bugger and I think he would love it. If he can beat up the cat and steal his dinner, he is ready for the Rugby me thinks.

Every year we come down for the Reds vs Brumbies as we are split between them and since Dad passed away it has been our memorial to him and a reunion to see his side of the family.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Daley is a mystery to me. He's supposedly a gym junkie and works hard, but he's just never progressed in his scrummaging ability. I don't know if it's just some technique problem that he can't overcome or some other reason, but he's just not up to this level with his scrummaging ability.

Which is a shame, as he has a great built for a prop, he is busy around the park and he is a good ball carrier.

A couple of years back when they tried converting Anae to hooker I think they got the wrong bloke. I recon they should have converted Daley.

The problem he has now is game time to develop. He is hitting that age where props come of age but now not as the favored starter, he just doesn't see the game time to bed the craft down.

B

Bobby Sands

A couple of years back when they tried converting Anae to hooker I think they got the wrong bloke. I recon they should have converted Daley.

The problem he has now is game time to develop. He is hitting that age where props come of age but now not as the favored starter, he just doesn't see the game time to bed the craft down.

It must also be getting warm with Paraka always breathing on him too.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

My little girl is 6. My son is 9 and has been coming with me to the Reds since he was three. Little girls are easier though (at least mine was at 3) It is tough for boys to sit still for the game. He loves the food more than the game still. He is a massive science nerd though, his heroes are blokes like Adam Spencer, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Richard Cox. Not Quade and Will. Go figure, I tried hard but have failed. :(

At 18 months though you might find yourself wondering around behind her whilst she explores the stadium during the game.

Mrs redstragic and my daughter see Reds games as a girls night in with us boys out which is the reason it has taken so many years to get her to the game.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Quietest this game thread has been in years, normally hit page 10 before the official Week of Hate is underway. No one seems to have their heart in it.

My kids are 4 & 1 and neither have been to a game. Going to fix that at the Hurricanes afternoon game.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
+ 1 for taking the kiddies to an arvo game - late nights & loud noises plus toddlers don't mix. I took my brother in law (he's 25 years younger than me) to his first game when he was about 3 - it was reds v the crusaders and he did really well until about 15 mins to go.

My daughters 3 in August so will try and get her to the canes game as well (the son at 15 weeks is prolly a bit off a trip to the rugby though)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
My little man is at 14 months, but he's crazy active. I couldn't imagine him sitting still on my lap for 5 minutes, let alone a whole game - he'd go crazy. I wish you luck taking a boy under about 3 to the game, not sure it could end well.

Living in Sydney, I hope my boy will support Queensland, or at the very least the Reds, but to be fair I can understand if he chooses NSW. :(

T

TOCC

My little man is at 14 months, but he's crazy active. I couldn't imagine him sitting still on my lap for 5 minutes, let alone a whole game - he'd go crazy. I wish you luck taking a boy under about 3 to the game, not sure it could end well.

Living in Sydney, I hope my boy will support Queensland, or at the very least the Reds, but to be fair I can understand if he chooses NSW. :(

I've heard many people choose their allegiances based off jerseys they were given as kids, might not work with everyone but perhaps a Reds Jersey today might breed a Reds fan for the future.

I always had a soft spot for the Illawarra Steelers since my old man picked me up a jersey of there's from a clearance sale when I was a kid and I wore it everywhere. So three might be some truth to it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Thanks for all the advice folks. Might watch from home and maybe aim for the arvo game. :)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting take on the kiddies. You all sound like terrific fathers
It must also be difficult being a father who raises his kids to play footy in QgLD, being a diehard Queenslander and then those young men for 1 reason or another have to leave the State and play elsewhere

Happens a lot but allegiances would be solely tested

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Dwyer isn't a fan of JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 either

"When I look at a player [like O'Connor] and think that player is really good at doing things – like he is an executor - he is a great runner, has great vision, has great agility, has great instinct. It's rare that player can play in the restricted position. A player of that capacity wants to be actually achieving things himself. Those positions [Nos. 9 and 10] require someone who understands his limited contribution to the overall good. Some are capable of both, but it's not common. That's why I would not play [Waratah] Kurtley Beale and James O'Connor at five-eighth.

"That sort of player in general is best suited to No. 13 - possibly to wing or fullback where you haven't got people outside you depending on things you do."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/r...ay-james-oconnor-at-no10-20150304-13v13b.html

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Currently at least. Reds will clearly improve when Holmes returns.

I don't know if I definitely agree with Hawko but that's what he's saying.

The Force's reserve front row is currently a basket case and the Smith twins at the Brumbies not very good at scrum time.

I'd have to think a bit about the reserve front rows from NZ and South Africa before deciding on their various merits.

Interesting question. When does Holmes return?
Never heard of someone been out for so long because of a pinky injury. I suppose it makes it hard for him to grab a jersey when packing a scrum, but gees:(

Status
Not open for further replies.