• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Scots are 4/258 off 43 overs, that doesn't look insurmountable for a competent cricket side. Let's see how the Sweaties finish up before we write off the Bangladeshis.

Update: 318 all out. Should be a good contest.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Scots are getting pumped here unfortunately.

They'll need to take a couple of quick wickets to claw it back.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pakistan have beaten Sethfricka by 29 runs with some help from Messers Duckworth & Lewis: Pakistan all out for 222 but Seths needed 232 off 47 (& came up 29 short but in just 33.3 overs). Puts Pakistan back in the mix & puts the heat back on the Oirish to beat Zimbabwe tonight.........

Oirish 331/8 & well on top, Zimbabwe 55/3 in the 14th. Picking them to finish 4th & earn an Eden Park QF v the mighty (in home conditions) NZ XI.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looking at the Sethfricken scorecard, "careless" & "reckless" are two words that come to mind: seriously, all out for 202 at 6 an over? Defo not a choke, tho.

Oirish sneak home by 5 runs, great comeback from Zimbabwe who looked dead in the water at more than one stage. Cutting the next CWC to 10 teams looking more & more silly by the day................

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Afghanistan batting first in Napier. We've gone in with the same XI as last game, I'm all for continuity but would've liked to see Mills & McClenaghan get a run so they've got at least a bit of match fitness should they be needed later on........

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
How did Watto make it back? Injury?

Loaned the selectors his wife? Bought Pup a new Maserati?

Anyway, the point is we fucking smacked their utterly poo bowling attack to all corners, and most of our middle order dined out on what was a shit attack.

What the actual fuck the selectors are doing picking XavDo here instead of against Scotland in his home town? Then we could leave the useless prick there* and head to the finals.

* the patented Pfitzy reverse-curse. He'll play the house down now!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't see either Sanga orJaya going Maxwell on yo asses so I reckon you got this. Seths losing last night may change the equation somewhat, tho...........

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I thought Doherty was selected ahead of wicket-takers like Boyce, Agar and even Ahmed because he could dry up runs? Didn't really happen...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would have picked Lyon as the spinner. Doherty was certainly our best a couple of years away but not any more.

What a tense finish coming up!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Hazlewood in gives you 4 Quicksyou'll be happy giving the ball to for the full 10 overs. Maxwell and Watson take care of the other 10, a bit more if someone's having an off day. Smith, Clarke and Finch can be chucked the ball if necessary.

Alternatively, if you still feel that's not enough, you need to shift either Haddin or Twatto up to opener, drop Finch and bring in Marsh for that lower order and extra right arm pace.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I reckon that side tonight was pretty much spot on.

Doherty should never have been included. We need a 4th quick to bowl 10 overs and it should be Hazlewood. I can understand the logic of Doherty on a slow pitch but it wasn't turning so that selection backfired.

Watson looked good down the order with a licence to hit late but his bowling in the middle overs was terrible. However after that batting performance it's hard to drop him. He does add experience which we will need in the finals.

Mitch Marsh should consider himself very unlucky to miss out. He's first cab off the rank if there's an injury.

In all honesty, I reckon Faulkner was our unsung hero tonight. That first spell of his to dry up the runs and dismiss Dilshan was massive in the context of the game.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hazelwood or Marsh? I think they will go to Marsh to add to the batting. Might be a horses for courses selection.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Where the hell did my awesome summary of Doherty's career go???

Hazlewood should have played at the SCG, because its his home ground. XavDo can play against Scotland.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
So we've probably now got Pakistan (edit in Adelaide - thanks Tengawizi) then India in Sydney.

And the kiwis probably have west Indies then south Africa (or sri Lanka) in Wellington then Auckland.

Sets up a nice trans-tasman gf with oz home field advantage on the mcg.

I don't think NZ will have played a single match in Australia before then will they?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nah, Australia plays the Adelaide Quarter Final.

Then probably India in Sydney for the semis.

Speaking of spinners, saw Hauritz having a few beers out in the SCG crowd yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.