• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015S15 SA vs NZ matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Stormers struggle to score against 14 men.

All the failings of last season are still alive and well.

The will scrap pit wins at home but playing like this will get beaten soundly on the road.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cheers Blue.
There is a bit of tail to that story. The piccie is out of the old "5 Ster" TV series and the singer of "Liefling" @ Loftus,Steve Hofmeyer played her son in the TV series. She use too say this when he got in trouble in the story. Steve is one of the biggest Blue Bull fans you'd get in SA.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blues show some real guts in the Stormers clash and also the differense betrween SA & NZ rugby at the moment. Thei gameplan was perfect, playing hard at the breakdowns and also trying to upset Vermeulen in any ways. Luckily he kept his cool (maybe the captain role). I am not that worried about bonus points as long as the log stay like it is at the moment.

The Bulls played better. They will be back on track as soon as they are able to get phases going. At the moment to much kicking away of possension. Hats of to the Hurrikane, they played really well on tour.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone seen the IRB direction regarding players not contesting at a maul formed from a lineout? Thoughts?

There was another variation of referee rulings on the uncontested lineout maul during the overnight Blues v Cheetahs game, which ultimately lost the game for the Blues.

Blues decided not to contest the Cheetahs lineout "maul"/wedge, and they were penalised for "leaving the lineout" because the Blues forwards stepped backwards to avoid coming into contact with the Cheetahs maul, and the Blues OSF moved beyond the 15 metre line.

Blues had sufficient opportunities to win the game by about 3 tries, but their lack of patience and lapses in concentration resulted in tries going begging after passes were pushed, and too many miracle ball plays being tried.

Cheetahs looked unconvincing in victory but they made better use of their limited opportunities to score.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
There was another variation of referee rulings on the uncontested lineout maul during the overnight Blues v Cheetahs game, which ultimately lost the game for the Blues.
Playing the lineout like that is always a massive risk. It may work one week, not the next week. Surely the Cheetahs saw what they did against the Stormers the previous week. I am very happy with the Cheetahs, usually they use to loose the close ones. we havent saw the Brussouw factor in 2015.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mealamu confirmed to start in Albany & become the highest-capped Super Rugby player ever:

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_34844,00.html

Blues: 15 Lolagi Visinia, 14 Frank Halai, 13 Charles Piutau, 12 Francis Saili, 11 Melani Nanai, 10 Ihaia West, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Jerome Kaino, 7 Luke Braid, 6 Steven Luatua, 5 Patrick Tuipulotu, 4 Josh Bekhuis, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Ofa Tu'ungafasi.
Replacements: 16 James Parsons, 17 Sam Prattley, 18 Angus Ta'avao, 19 Hayden Triggs, 20 Brendon O'Connor, 21 Jamison Gibson-Park, 22 Simon Hickey, 23 Hamish Northcott.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Blues decided not to contest the Cheetahs lineout "maul"/wedge, and they were penalised for "leaving the lineout" because the Blues forwards stepped backwards to avoid coming into contact with the Cheetahs maul, and the Blues OSF moved beyond the 15 metre line.

Blues had sufficient opportunities to win the game by about 3 tries, but their lack of patience and lapses in concentration resulted in tries going begging after passes were pushed, and too many miracle ball plays being tried.

Cheetahs looked unconvincing in victory but they made better use of their limited opportunities to score.

I read somewhere that the ref's interpretation was that some of the Blues players stepped out of the lineout before it became a maul. From the footage I can see that being possible but it's a 50/50 call.

This whole maul thing needs a cleanup but my fear is tinkering with the laws will just create more uncertainty.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lions 13-10 Blues, didn't watch it (too busy watching Warriors start yet another season with a loss) but doubt it was pretty...... HT was 10-3 Blues so either a great Lions 2nd 40, a shit Blues 2nd 40, or possibly a bit've both.........

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My understanding is that he works for these guys:

image.jpg

......... so it may be too late already.......

image.jpg

.... for certain Blues personnel.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
"I'm going to be here for a long time," he said. "I'm the right man for the job. I believe in what I'm doing. I believe in the squad and the structures we're putting together. And I intend to be here a long time. We're in a bit of a slump at the moment but we'll turn this around. I'm very confident in what I'm doing."

hom.gif
hom.gif
hom.gif

torandrunk.gif

hom.gif
hom.gif
hom.gif

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Big match coming up this weekend at Newlands. Match is 15h00, pretty sure the rugby will be as hot as Cape Town veld fires.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ good one, let's introduce some "facts" into a perfectly good bit've JAFA- baiting, shall we? Seriously, though, if my lot get turned over by the Lions I will give serious consideration to jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
^^^^^^ good one, let's introduce some "facts" into a perfectly good bit've JAFA- baiting, shall we? Seriously, though, if my lot get turned over by the Lions I will give serious consideration to jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon :)
Sorry the Chiefs bandwagon is full. Bluesers will appreciate supporters right now. ;) The Lions havent played that bad as the log suggests. This win will provide them with lots of confidense and if there was ever a good time to knock over the Saders at home, its right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.