• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I would love to read a Brothers v Easts match report written by TT. Especially if it was hosted at Crosby Park. 3/4 of it would be whinging about the admission fee and Brothers off the ball mentality - well that of yesteryear.

T

Tigers Tale

Reg - probably a little narrow minded approach to remove from this thread given this whole Karmichael Affair which has great levels of interest for anyone involved in the QRU.

I was lead to believe that the club allocation of JOC (James O'Connor), K & Adam Thomson was to be released as part of the QPR launch - clearly the Karmichael Affair has impacted on that release.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
TT love how you have Bond up in the Top 4 but I think we are still a year or two away from being a serious challenger unfortunately. The rugby program is starting to take shape and last night's Season Launch proved there is a real buzz about the club but we just dont have the depth at the moment in key positions to be a real challenger to the main contenders - then again I would love to be wrong about this one.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reg - probably a little narrow minded approach to remove from this thread given this whole Karmichael Affair which has great levels of interest for anyone involved in the QRU.

to be fair, any article on the Reds could be relevant to this approach. But if you want to read about the Karmichael Hunt thing, than go to that post. It's the one stop shop for it, so to speak.

This thread is about Premier Rugby.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hear Norths haven't nominated a 3rd grade side again. I'm sure Fogs will work wonders with the top teams but without numbers to create depth Norths might get caught short if injuries play a part.

On the same note I wonder if Souths lack of Colts this season is reflective of general numbers and depth at the club? Seeing some of their trial results makes it look like they aren't where they hope to be. Anyone from Souths have insight?

T

Tigers Tale

TD - I think Easts would be expecting to have the services of Ready & Paraka. I doubt they'll get Gunn or Fox though.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
TD - I think Easts would be expecting to have the services of Ready & Paraka. I doubt they get Gunn or Fox though.

The following comment has QPR context:

I for one would be happy enough for one Karmichael Hunt to pull on a Tigers jersey later in the year - I think he & the QRU have dealt with the whole affair in a sensible, reasonable and dignified manner. Like the great Dell he will provide a very powerful message to young sports men & women across the country. I think the NRL/Titans will feel as though they have got the raw end of the deal today.

I hope he does play a game or two of QPR this year, whether that be for the Tigers or any other QPR club.

Don't you have enough players down at Bottomley? Can't you let Norths have him? We need a decent linesman down here.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Apparently the Slade lads rocked up for GPS training tonight, jumped back from Norths. They will be an asset to have through the grades.

T

Tigers Tale

Tigers debut for former Souths centre - Matt Gordon - who will start @#12 in tomorrow's opener at Hugh Courtney Oval.

Paraka & Ready are lacing on the boots for the Tigers tomorrow as well.

Should be a great day out at Norths tomorrow - Easts opened their season at the same venue back in 2013 so let's hope that might be a good omen for the season's end.

Good luck to Tim's (Sampson) Tigers - another "TT" acronym!!!

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
Tigers debut for former Souths centre - Matt Gordon - who will start @#12 in tomorrow's opener at Hugh Courtney Oval.

Paraka & Ready are lacing on the boots for the Tigers tomorrow as well.

Should be a great day out at Norths tomorrow - Easts opened their season at the same venue back in 2013 so let's hope that might be a good omen for the season's end.

Good luck to Tim's (Sampson) Tigers - another "TT" acronym!!!

Do you have the rest of the lineup TT?

The Oldest Rat

Peter Burge (5)
Well done to Matt Gordon, he is a good young man who has battled a bit of injury over the last few years, I hope he does well in his new club. He used to play with and against my son on the darling Downs when they were young and who now plays for Wests.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Good luck tomorrow, The Oldest Rat. I think Premier Grade will be close as Wests are tough at Sylvan Rd.

Good luck to all teams as well, even yours, TT!

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
image.jpg

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
A very new looking Uni side. Parker, Banks and Porter are really the only ones with a lot of Prems experience in the backs. The forwards are all young, fast and skilful but you would think that a some of the Premier grade packs that they will face would see an opportunity to bash them up front.

Still many players to return (Pincus, Cox, Korzcyk and a few from Reds U20's duties).

T

Tigers Tale

Red Heavy - no room for Matt Randell in the Prem side for tomorrow.

Hammer - Porter was a Tony Shaw Medalist for Easts in the 2008 GF, until your mob got your grubby hands on him.

Is Dagleish on U20s duty? Where's Scott Gale?

Come on Bond show us what you got!! Come on Doggies!!

No seriously good luck to every club tomorrow - it is going to be hot so take your sunscreen!!

T

Tigers Tale

SOTG

Not 100% on the Tigers but it is something like:

1. Paraka
2. Ready
3. Sanday
4. Moore
5. ???
6. Barker
7. ??? (not Gunn on U20s duties)
8. ???
9. Mullins
10. Bloke that played there last week (Brandon is injured)
11. Jonny Wilder
12. Matt Gordon
13. White
14. Winger from Brothers who played last week
15. Hagen

I hope it will be good enough to secure Tim Sampson's first Premier Grade victory but Norths will be an imposing opposition tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.