• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Hola will be destructive in Division 2.

You are talking about a quality 5/8 who is an enormous unit, with a unique set of hands & ball playing ability - who can also can kick goals from anywhere 60 metres out.

He was playing 1st grade Shute Shield for the Premiers for 1/2 of last year until the coaches at Eastwood got jack of his unwillingness to get fit. He still played off the bench for the Premiers.

My tip is that he will be the best player in Subbies by a country mile. He will win the highest point scorer across all Divisions.

Hunters Hill will win the comp now - you have the most important position in rugby covered by the best player to play Subbies in a llloooooonnnngggg time.

Great signing by Hunters Hill especially getting him to forgo the $$'s he would have got at Shute Shield to come & play Div 2 for free! ;);)

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Hola will be destructive in Division 2.

Great signing by Hunters Hill especially getting him to forgo the $$'s he would have got at Shute Shield to come & play Div 2 for free! ;);)

My understanding is that Pierre was not offered the big bucks at Eastwood anymore and would have been on match payments for first grade appearances only. Unless Jai Ayoub gets injured, I don't think he goes back up to Shute Shield.

I have heard his friendship with current HH coach, Tonga Lea'atoa, was an important part of his decision. I'm sure the cash will help as well, if he is getting it.

I have also heard that he is helping out with the coaching there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
My understanding is that Pierre was not offered the big bucks at Eastwood anymore and would have been on match payments for first grade appearances only. Unless Jai Ayoub gets injured, I don't think he goes back up to Shute Shield.

I have heard his friendship with current HH coach, Tonga Lea'atoa, was an important part of his decision. I'm sure the cash will help as well, if he is getting it.

I have also heard that he is helping out with the coaching there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Under the integrity rules, paying coaches is allowed......problem solved;)

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
With Lea'atea, and the other 2 or 3 former internationals in their pack + now adding Hola HH will be the team to beat in DiV 2. HH vs Forest GF?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I don't have a problem with him being paid if he is legitimately coaching. As a lower grade player I'd get a real kick out of having a former International player running around with us at training.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Coaches are only allowed to receive payments if they don't play. Player coaches can't get paid.
Agree Hola will be destructive but not too sure if he will enjoy playing subbies. Being a no.10 at Eastwood will be very different to being a no.10 at HH.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
With Lea'atea, and the other 2 or 3 former internationals in their pack + now adding Hola HH will be the team to beat in DiV 2. HH vs Forest GF?

I'd be backing Newport vs Hills. The aforementioned teams will be discovered and disqualified. If rumours be true then that would be justice served.

Am I the only one who thinks the kind of money reportedly being spent by some clubs is ludicrous. What, on gods green earth, is the benefit of throwing this kind of money at winning a social competition. I would genuinely like to know. Because if there's money to be made doing this, why is the ARU, NSWRU, and everyone in between in so much financial trouble?

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'd be backing Newport vs Hills. The aforementioned teams will be discovered and disqualified. If rumours be true then that would be justice served.

Am I the only one who thinks the kind of money reportedly being spent by some clubs is ludicrous. What, on gods green earth, is the benefit of throwing this kind of money at winning a social competition. I would genuinely like to know. Because if there's money to be made doing this, why is the ARU, NSWRU, and everyone in between in so much financial trouble?

Probably a few decent size egos involved, why else would you do it.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Probably a few decent size egos involved, why else would you do it.

It has to be ego driven as when some of these clubs get to GF's you look around the ground and they have tiny supporter bases which couldnt justify the spend. Its got to be fat wallets and big heads.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
If the Integrity Commission don't come down on some high profile cases of brown paper bagging then it will be a free for all next year.

Teams like Brothers who have lost players to 5 figure offers from adjoining clubs are not just going to roll over when they are getting pounded each week because they have lost these players.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Mentioned this in the regional rugby thread - Hornsby have entered the Central Coast comp starting this year. Not sure if juniors will be joining as well or if it is just seniors.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
How are pre season numbers looking? My BOBs contact tell me numbers are the best in 10 years and they could field two colts teams. If they can get their admin together I can see them having an outstanding year. I also hear Hills are raring to have a red hot crack at Div 2 and have plenty attending training.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
How are pre season numbers looking? My BOBs contact tell me numbers are the best in 10 years and they could field two colts teams. If they can get their admin together I can see them having an outstanding year. I also hear Hills are raring to have a red hot crack at Div 2 and have plenty attending training.

Good to hear Bob's have good numbers to training. It will be interesting to see what happens with the group of older blokes who played 4th grade last year and got kicked out of the finals!!!!

Div 2 is going to be very competitive this year with Newport, Forest, Hunters all having a red hot crack at it. Glad to see Hills come up. Great that a club with juniors is coming through.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Cup: Hornsby
Plate: Fairvale/Lansvale
Bowl: Knox

Day started out quite foggy, then turned into a scorcher!

Hornsby...thats a great result for them. Will give them some extra petrol money as they make there way up the F3 every weekend.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Hornsby.thats a great result for them. Will give them some extra petrol money as they make there way up the F3 every weekend.

I dont think they will struggle for money at Hornsby. All 1st graders will be paid. Hence why they left Subbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.