• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Force Rnd 4 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The Match thread rules. Please paste these in the first post of any match thread.

This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Although we won the pre-season fixture, that obviously counts for nothing with the majority of the Brumbies' Wallabies rested.

The last two games between the two teams have been one-sided, especially in Canberra. If the Brumbies don't blow the Force off the park early as they have usually done, I think the Force has a 40/60 chance of getting up over the Brumbies.

And when I say they have a 40/60 chance of winning it also means the Brumbies could put a cricket score on us.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
A team is always in for an ambush the week after their opponents get embarrassed (see Waratahs and Reds in Round 2). I think we will get blown away but the 5:1 odds against the Force say that we are in with a shot.... If the wheels fall off the wagon and the horse (Brumby) bolts.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If the Force are any chance in this game they really need to have fixed the scrum and I'm not sure it would have come a long way in just a week. They give up the most scrum penalties in the comp and if that continues, the Brumbies will just use Nic White's boot and kick it to the line for a lineout and use their rolling maul, which has been pretty good so far.

If Foley can settle on the backline positions, then they might be a chance but Godwin has to play at 12 if that is to be the case.

The Brumbies won't be changing too much from last week in terms of their squad and it won't surprise anyone how they will play.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
And haven't Nic's penalty kicks for the line been a revelation this year. He makes more ground by far than any other line kicker I've see in an Aus conference side.

EDIT : Hope I haven't jinxed him for this game. If I have, I'll have all the Force fans down on me, but Nic will have all the Nic White haters down on him.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Brumbies are the most difficult of the Aus teams for the Force. They basically play our game plan, only better and with better players.

There's no "ambush" factor in it for us. Brums by 20+

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
And haven't Nic's penalty kicks for the line been a revelation this year. He makes more ground by far than any other line kicker I've see in an Aus conference side.

EDIT : Hope I haven't jinxed him for this game. If I have, I'll have all the Force fans down on me, but Nic will have all the Nic White haters down on him.

No you won't. If you jinx him and subsequently lose, we'll be too happy to remember anything like that. I'd have preferred Nic White to Will Genia in recent times. Genia's attitude seems a bit fucked at the moment and we knew he was going ages ago. I feel like we could have kept Nic White in Australian rugby by giving him a proper chance on the EOYT. He wouldn't have cost us any game- we already lost all of those.

An ambush is a possibility. I think the Brumbies are generally better than that but all teams can have an off day when their opponents play committed, in-your-face rugby with a point to prove. Is Pocock back? It would certainly help if he wasn't.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah Larkham has them humming, with great confidence in attack, and their scrum is really impressive - I hate to be so negative on the Force, and I hope we can turn it around like last year, but not looking forward to this one bit.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Yeah Larkham has them humming, with great confidence in attack, and their scrum is really impressive - I hate to be so negative on the Force, and I hope we can turn it around like last year, but not looking forward to this one bit.

Agreed on all points re. Larkham, Brumbies and Force. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I think the Force will be able to turn it around, but this probably isn't the game that they'll do it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Judging by the comments from Force fans, the game is a foregone conclusion. Might as well keep the team in Perth for some extra training and just send the Badger over to take part in Cheika's gettogether.

But I don't think it is quite that cut and dried. Would certainly be a turn around for the Force to get up, but strange things happen in rugby. I think it will be a lot closer than most seem to think, because Bernie has made it very clear that he is focusing on just winning the derbies to stay at the top of the conference. I expect it to be another hard fought, fairly dour affair similar to the Rebels'game last week. Get in front and hold on to win by around 7.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
2015 Asteron Life Super Rugby – Western Force vs ACT Brumbies
1. Pekahou Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Tetera Faulkner
4. Sam Wykes (c)
5. Steve Mafi
6. Brynard Stander
7. Chris Alcock
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Zack Holmes
11. Nick Cummins
12. Solomoni Jnr Rasolea
13. Kyle Godwin
14. Marcel Brache
15. Luke Morahan

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Chris Heiberg
18. Oliver Hoskins
19. Wilhelm Steenkamp
20. Kane Koteka
21. Ian Prior
22. Sias Ebersohn
23. Luke Burton

M

Moono75

Force team looks good though Godwin and Junior should switch. Back up in Perth Friday to see the game after week in Margaret River. My liver hurts....so does the wallet :)

Go the Force.......Steenkamp should be starting over Wykes.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Force team looks good though Godwin and Junior should switch. Back up in Perth Friday to see the game after week in Margaret River. My liver hurts..so does the wallet :)

Go the Force...Steenkamp should be starting over Wykes.

No TV at Margaret River Moono?

M

Moono75

Would love to stay down and watch the game at Settlers Tavern but need to hard back to Perth. Drank all the beer at Colonial....pet stingrays need to be fed.

Attachments

• IMAG0839.jpg
    IMAG0839.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 240

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I'm certain the Force will come willing... Brumbies hard a few hard weeks, but unchanged line up will only strengthen their combinations... Last week was w wet Melbourne 80 minutes but Weather in Canberra today is dry and fast.... Brumbies by as many as they want...

Great to see honey badger back too...

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'm happy if the force are in it. If we get a BP for less then seven it's a good outcome. No idea why Foley is persisting with Godwin at 13. Holmes and Godwin at 10 12 could become quite a combo

M

Moono75

Let's hope the Badger has a fair dinkum blinder! Just noticed Mitch Scott out of team.....what the!

Status
Not open for further replies.