• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Anyone know if any of the Queensland games have been recorded? I've enjoyed the streams of the NSW games (sort of peering into the future) and would like to compare the NSW group to that of Qld.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Anyone know if any of the Queensland games have been recorded? I've enjoyed the streams of the NSW games (sort of peering into the future) and would like to compare the NSW group to that of Qld.
Saw people from the Reds filming games last week at Ballymore, no idea if they have been put up anywhere tho?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Sydney North played Victoria tonight.

I didn't see the U15s but it was a very close game Victoria 23- SN 22. some very big boppas from south of the border.

The U17's played a 12 all draw. A tough match with Victoria maybe a bit unlucky. Not much difference between the sides except that SN gave a few more penalties away and didn't control possession as well as Vic.

NH v Vic U15s was a fantastic match up as suggested by the close scoreline. Despite giving away an average 10+kg across the paddock, the NH boys took it to the Vics early, with a couple of well constructed tries to no 13 Dominic Easy giving them a 10-8 lead at oranges.

The second half saw Vic immediately bounce back with some very effective work from the restart giving them an early try out wide and further quality work from an ever threatening back line seeing them take the lead out to 13 Points - it was starting to look like the game has slipped away from the green machine. But a couple of opportunistic tries out wide saw the gap narrow to 1 with 3 mins to go.

Having held off a solid Vic assault on their line, the NH boys worked back up field to be 25 out with advantage called from some over zealous breakdown work by the Rebels. Despite confirming advantage at the next ruck, the ref seemed to reverse the call at the next breakdown and the whistle was only seconds away. One of those rare occasions where advantage was best served by stopping play on the spot and allowing the kick, which may well have seen the result reversed.

All in, a great match with some high quality, free flowing play from both teams. For NH, no 6 Reimer, no 13 Easy and the smallest no 7 in the JGC (13 yr old lad playing up) were the standouts. For the Vics, 13 and 15 threatened every time they touched and the 7 was a perpetual pest, doing his job well.

Full marks to the JGC for providing the platform for these boys to showcase their skills. I hope Rugby can keep them all in the game as there was some real talent on display.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
NH v Vic U15s was a fantastic match up as suggested by the close scoreline. Despite giving away an average 10+kg across the paddock, the NH boys took it to the Vics early, with a couple of well constructed tries to no 13 Dominic Easy giving them a 10-8 lead at oranges.

I just want to make a comment on the quality of the #13 for NH. Having watched him being instrumental in putting Western to the sword the week before last. He was truly excellent and has a very marketable name, to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.