• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Force Rnd 4 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Larkham's management of his game plan and replacements is excellent, not surprising as he was a very smart player. The Brumbies'll push the Tahs for top of the Oz conference this year, which bodes well for the Wallabies and I hold high hopes Larkham's spot next to Cheika will lead to great things late this year.

Those cynics here who reckon the Brumbies play well at Super level but not in gold are probably disappointed their teams don't play well against the Ponies. Sour grapes.

Reactions: mst

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Brumbies seemed to put the cue in the rack after the 4th try and a better team may have taken advantage of that and run them down. They did have glimpses of good play with the width used by their backs getting pay.

I thought that was the only real negative on the ponies play, they had good structure and were prepared to go much wider, earlier, from deeper and that made good holes in the Forces compressed defensive line

I just thought they lacked that commitment to ruthlessness and that kept the Force in with a sniff

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't mind us doing that against Aussie opposition, but taking our foot off the throat after getting points is a nation wide problem that needs addressing.

How often to the Wallabies score points and then concede some almost immediately after?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I give the ref a Gold Star, he saw every play in his eyes and explained it.. we should see alot more of him.
i agree i think the ref did a really good job

Nah, way way too much hands in the ruck from players off their feet and when rucks were already established.
A lot of people criticised Walsh last week but he's better than this guy.
the breakdown is generally a clusterfuck no matter who refs. they seem to either allow the attacking side free rein to hold onto possession, or alternatively give the ball carrier a micro second to to release or sometimes the defender is allowed three goes at the ball and at other times the defender wins the ball on the ground but gets penalised because the offensive comes in an holds him down, varies from week to week. the good teams can adjust their playing style to suit.
last week Walsh was all at sea. i like him generally, but this was a poor performance

I think Walsh is a great ref, but I dont think this guy was was bad, he spoke well to the teams.. .. I dunno he ref it equal both teams ..
this i agree with +++++

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Enjoyed the game. The force were really good value. I thought To'omua had a surprisingly average game, as did Kuridrani, but I suppose sometimes you just have an off game. Lilo was strong, particularly in defence. And Tomane looked really sharp.

Lets hope Fardy's injury is not to serious, for the Wallabies' sake.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Enjoyed the game. The force were really good value. I thought To'omua had a surprisingly average game, as did Kuridrani, but I suppose sometimes you just have an off game. Lilo was strong, particularly in defence. And Tomane looked really sharp.

Lets hope Fardy's injury is not to serious, for the Wallabies' sake.

I agree To'omua had a bad game, same with Kuridrani..hands for TK, and To'omua with what 2 or 3 chip kicks.. His better running at the line and offloading.. Lilo was brilliant last night

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
But a lot of Brumbies have been talked up in the media and just haven't delivered so far at test level. In the end the Brumbies got it done over our guys and thats all that counts on the ladder. We need to regroup and realise this season could pass us by real quick.

Bull dust. Plenty of Brumbies have made fine test players including To'omua.

For the Force, on their way to regrouping they need to find a broader and evolved way of playing the game. The competition has worked them out and they show nothing in response. Also they need a 10 that is up to scratch. Not saying he is a bad player because they don't exist at that level but Holmes looks to struggle at this level.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Agree with the above sentiments re: To'omua and Kuridrani..........

They've probably been the two standout backs so far but last night they weren't great, although defensively solid.........

I hope Bernie shaves To'omua's head for those wasteful chip kicks.

Same with our front row actually........... Sio has been in sensational form but a bit quieter last night, and Alexander gave away a few penalties.

Fardy was once again very good before going off, and Vaea is making a stong comeback.........

And Smiler is starting to add something off the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought Tomane had easily his best game of the season and was really good.

The Force props had a good game after their scrum had really struggled in previous games.

White was again good but maybe not close as close to MOTM as he has been in other games.

Arnold was again good and probably went better than Carter.

Moore is building quite well. He's being industrious without standing out but it's obviously early days in his return.

Vaea made one crucial turnover by forcing a penalty at the ruck when the Force were hot on attack but gee he gives away a few dumb penalties. He just doesn't seem to be able to resist having a second crack at the ball if he doesn't get it the first time and is still on his feet. It's almost like he doesn't completely understand the breakdown laws.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I was impressed with Vaea. He was still trying to smash into rucks at the 81 minute mark. If his fitness continues to improve he could be in for a big year

M

Moono75

I see alot of Force players who offer nothing anywhere.. What a dumb fucking statement.. To'omua hasn't been a world beater but has been best for the wallabies and number of times.. least put Godwin in. He what made a tackle..

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

I am talking in the context of the Wallabies and not living up to implied reputation based on the number of lines in the newspaper lauding these guys. Plus Godwin was in contention for Wallabies as a 12 not as a 13 being played out of position as he has been this year. Get your facts right.

M

Moono75

Bull dust. Plenty of Brumbies have made fine test players including To'omua.

For the Force, on their way to regrouping they need to find a broader and evolved way of playing the game. The competition has worked them out and they show nothing in response. Also they need a 10 that is up to scratch. Not saying he is a bad player because they don't exist at that level but Holmes looks to struggle at this level.

I agree...don't think Holmes is the answer and Sias is too kicking orientated.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I am talking in the context of the Wallabies and not living up to implied reputation based on the number of lines in the newspaper lauding these guys. Plus Godwin was in contention for Wallabies as a 12 not as a 13 being played out of position as he has been this year. Get your facts right.

Yeah, and his been rubbish since 2012 2013, ish.. To'omua and TK played a game ten times him and they had their worst game... oh and 12 Lilo played much better.

So who are the Brumbies that don't deserve the credit.. come on .. Matt To'omua has been the best 12 we had for years.. but his not up to your standard.. so who.. ????

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The Brumbies seemed to put the cue in the rack after the 4th try and a better team may have taken advantage of that and run them down. They did have glimpses of good play with the width used by their backs getting pay.

They have two tough games coming up against Australian opposition so it will be interesting to see how they pull up as it will go a long way to determining the Aus conference make up.

They have one hard game coming up and one game that if they lose then the team should be swabbed for substance abuse. Next week's game is against a team that got flogged by another team who were themselves very poor!

Status
Not open for further replies.