• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Easts are fielding two former mungoes in backrower Tyrone Viiga - played prop for Cronulla & Parramatta lower grades, and Sean Meaney a centre from Wests Tigers and Manly. Has played a few games of NRL. A very aggressive and tough tackling player. His contest against Tom Matthews will be a highlight.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Gordon are fielding a new prop /hooker combination in Lefu Laopo and Ash Goddard. Otherwise steady as you go. Harry Rorke adds some size and power to the pack. Would like to have seen Will Shirvington at 10 but Henry won't let us down.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
From looking at that I think Gordon may be a surprise packet this season, and Norths may unfortunately struggle.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Gordon are fielding a new prop /hooker combination in Lefu Laopo and Ash Goddard. Otherwise steady as you go. Harry Rorke adds some size and power to the pack. Would like to have seen Will Shirvington at 10 but Henry won't let us down.

Nick Fraser is out for 3 or so more weeks with an ear injury. Mark Johnson and Luke Heavey to return in the next few weeks.

Matt Gordon and Matt Hayter unfortunately gone for the season already with knee injuries.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wow. Watching the SS from this distance, there seems to be a huge number of unfamiliar names in most teams. Based solely on names I recognise, looks like Eastwood, Manly, Warringah and Souths might be the teams to beat this year.

Who are the promising newbies whom we should look out for?

DTS

Stan Wickham (3)
Maybe not a new name but Im excited to see how Reece Hodge goes for Manly.
Also interested to see how Sean meaney runs out with Easts - he had a run of union in Italy last year after his time with easts so wont be his first time in the thinking man's game

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Maybe not a new name but Im excited to see how Reece Hodge goes for Manly.
Also interested to see how Sean meaney runs out with Easts - he had a run of union in Italy last year after his time with easts so wont be his first time in the thinking man's game
Hodge had an awesome 7s, and saw one of the trails (v Wests) looked good.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Wasn't there some mention that Jerome McKenzie and his brother KJ were going to Easts? Can't see them on the team lists?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wasn't there some mention that Jerome McKenzie and his brother KJ were going to Easts? Can't see them on the team lists?
Think J McKenzie is still in the Team Rehab run on squad after a pretty serious Knee? injury in NRC.

No idea about McKenzie minor.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
It's an enormous list of "ins" for Easts

EASTERN SUBURBS with Darren Coleman
Last Season’s Ladder Placing: 9th – 32pts
Ins: Daniel Arona (Penrith); Kyle Baillie (Canada); Rhys Brodie (Sydney Uni); Angus Brotherton (Central West/Orange); Charlie Clifton (returning from injury); Ryan Dalziel (West Harbour); Sevaro Domoni (Northern Suburbs); Will Fay (returning from injury); Jake Ilnicki (Canada); Sione Kolo (Randwick); Rodney Ma’a (Parramatta); Michael Mate (Penrith); Robbie Mate (Penrith); Kotaro Matsushima (Japan/Waratahs Squad); Jarome McKenzie (Penrith); Sean Meaney (rugby league); Clarrie Moore (returning from injury); Angus Pulver (Sydney University); Oliver Saunders (Japan); Josh Toole (Rugby League); Tyrone Viiga (Penrith); Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (Penrith)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In what way? I can't see it being anyone but the big 4. Uni, Eastwood, Manly, Souths - been the same way for the last 5 years.

I concur.

Woodies have lost a couple of fatties to Supre Rugby, but they must be the favourites. No Rockstars just good solid performers across the park including their coaching team.

Manly and Rats are entertainers but coaching changes may result in them choking again after displaying much promise.

The Hobbits are always surprise packages that deliver towards the business end of the season, and their roster this year looks good.

The Corporation seem to be rebuilding with plenty of young'uns named but they'll be smarting at missing out on the GF last year. They just seem to be a little shy of mongrel.

Wicks are potentially a good team, but they are about 3 years away from their recent top quality Colts recruits "coming on line".

Beasts, Pirates, Emus, Mighty 2 Blues. Shoremen, and Gay Gordons may have a surprise of two but at the business end of the season they will probably just make up the numbers.

T

TOCC

Can I stream the broadcast or is it only on 7 Two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Came across this interview: http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/96181

Few points - Alan Jones is a wanker of the highest order (though you already knew that)
- Ben Fordham is training to be the next Alan Jones.
- Ben's brother Nick was one of the guys who put the deal together and have signed up seven2 for a period of 5 years
- Intrust super wanted to sign on for 5 but were only signed for 3? (wtf?)
- no Papworth on commentary!!!! Cam Shepherd sideline eye

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
TOCC, if you listen to the podcast I just posted the link too it is on seven digital meaning it is available nationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.