• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I'm continuing to hear very positive news out of the Barker camp around pre- season and trial form. Heard they towelled up the Bathurst Bulldogs in an away trial. Anyone heard anything regarding Forests new dream team and how they are settling in?

Heavyd i'd love to know who all your contacts are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Bobs have a good year, Div 2 is going to be tough this year!

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
May not be the dream team they were hoping for. Heard that some of those suspected of going have returned to their previous club.

Pierre Hola is 3rd grade coach and playing 1st grade. Now that's how you get around amateur rules.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Pierre Hola would also be close to 40 so I don't think anyone should have a problem with him playing 'down' in Subbies. At least he is giving back to the game unlike a lot of Wallabies have a tendency to do.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
The stuff about Pierre wasn't written by me. I've got no dramas with Pierre. Just glad he isn't playing 3rd grade in my division

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Pierre Hola would also be close to 40 so I don't think anyone should have a problem with him playing 'down' in Subbies. At least he is giving back to the game unlike a lot of Wallabies have a tendency to do.

He is 36 and played 1st grade SS last year!

He will be very good for hunters!

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
It's funny that people think he is old as like Ozzie Bob has said he played 1st grade Shute Shield last year.

Pierre Hola will dominate Subbies & be the leading points scorer in all Divisions.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
That wasn't really my point. I was more applauding the fact that he is still playing, albeit subbies, hopefully passing on some skills and wisdom to up-and-coming players. Would love to see more players taking his lead.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
That's my information, quite possibly back at Brothers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your mail was spot on. Of the original 6 that were planning on going to Forest only 1 possibly two actually did. Seems Brothers were able to convince Vinnie and others to stay.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Your mail was spot on. Of the original 6 that were planning on going to Forest only 1 possibly two actually did. Seems Brothers were able to convince Vinnie and others to stay.

I dont think Vinnie is playing this year & will be coaching only.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
2015 Predictions:

Division 1: St Pats, Colleagues, Balmain, Mosman. Premiers St Pats

Division 2: Newport, Forest, Hunters Hill, UNSW. Premiers Hunters Hill

Division 3: Waverley, Epping, Redfield, Oatley. Premiers Waverley

Division 4,5,6: Still waiting on teams TBC

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
From a Division 4 perspective Irish have recruited some very strong players for 1st Grade. If we can keep everyone fit we’ll be in with a shout, although if Beecroft have kept their Division 1 first graders it would be hard to look past them.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Division 4 should now be the 10 teams listed:

Beecroft
Blacktown
Briars
Canterbury
Colleagues Convicts
Macquarie University
Merrylands
Rouse Hill
Sydney Harlequins
Sydney Irish

All of whom will be breathing a small sigh of relief that Redfield are in Div 3.

Of those I'd expect First Grade to have Beecroft and Irish up there, with probably Harlequins, Blacktown, and Briars fighting out the other 2 spots.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Division 4 should now be the 10 teams listed:

Beecroft
Blacktown
Briars
Canterbury
Colleagues Convicts
Macquarie University
Merrylands
Rouse Hill
Sydney Harlequins
Sydney Irish

All of whom will be breathing a small sigh of relief that Redfield are in Div 3.

Of those I'd expect First Grade to have Beecroft and Irish up there, with probably Harlequins, Blacktown, and Briars fighting out the other 2 spots.

If Merrylands get their act together away from home they could feature at the back end of the season too.

Beecroft, Irish, Quinns and Briars to make up the top four IMO.

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
2015 Predictions:

Division 1: St Pats, Colleagues, Balmain, Mosman. Premiers St Pats

Division 2: Newport, Forest, Hunters Hill, UNSW. Premiers Hunters Hill

Division 3: Waverley, Epping, Redfield, Oatley. Premiers Waverley

Division 4,5,6: Still waiting on teams TBC

I agree with the first 3 in Div 1 but think the last spot is up for grabs. Mosman and Drumoyne will be strong but club like iggies have brought strong numbers back down and will be better than previous seasons in the higher grades. Few upsets here or there could really mix it up. Not saying there going to be there but the top 4 may not be as clear as some seasons

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I really do struggle to see how Hunters Hill won't win Div 2. I think Newport and Forest will give them a good run for their money.

I think Div 4 will be fascinating viewing this year. I expect Beecroft to surge their way to the 1st grade title, but the lower grades will be very open. Some past examples such as Dundas and Waverley have dropped from 1st div and have no fought their way back. Will be great viewing. I saw that Briars want to be back in Div2 in 2 seasons!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.