• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
When I first started in rugby I asked one of the colts 3 coaches "what makes that a penalty when 2 min ago it wasn't?" The simple response I got has stuck with me since "because the referee called it a penalty". The same goes for tries and going into touch. You can disagree with the decision, but stiff shit. And I've never seen a referee cop a mouthful of abuse, then pause, consider it and say "actually gents, you're right. I am a useless twat and don't know the rules as well as you do. Allow me to reverse the decision and please accept my humblest apologies"

I'd like to see players take more responsibility - it doesn't matter if they are behind last feet, if the ref is continually pinging them then they aren't far enough behind last feet. Move. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some abysmal refereeing performances but in every single one of those games the players have to shoulder a fair amount of the blame too (at least half). I don't think refs enjoy officiating a scrappy and niggly game either.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth I care little for all this Simon Moore chat because I have had my posts on the matter taken down last year after the Bros v Easts game but can you objectively tell us did he cost Bros a win on Saturday?

Regardless you must be happy with what you are seeing from your boys at this stage of the season - it must have been a thrilling end to a game.

In Moore's defence his last two games have gone down to the wire!!!!!

T

Tigers Tale

I can tell you that last year a very high ranking referee official told me that he simply didn't understand why the person who we have been discussing still gets appointed to QPR games - 12 months on nothing much has changed.

From what I see he maybe even a bigger problem for QRRA because he hasn't been brought into line sooner.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
TT I think your comments last year where off the mark because you were implying that Ref ultered the result of the game because his wife's brother used to play at the opposing club. I could have miss read that though.

Anyway onto some more pressing topics. 2 undefeated teams come up against each other this week. How do you see this one panning out TT? Should be a good battle up front with pattowa v sef. Ready v randell (if he starts). Mullins v gale at 9. Banks v Hagen at 15

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
it's pretty easy to suggest these young men are getting the better of other teams when Wests props are rotated on and off the field regularly. Fair play to their coaches for that.
In regards to the video, I actually agree with the refs call here - sunnybank going forward, wests going backwards - ref had to make a call in the heat of the moment.

Jake played the whole game against sunnybank and jono came on after 2 minutes after sione hurt his calf. Jono was only replaced close to the end of the game. I didn't even mention the ref in my comment or have a go at him, was only asking what people thought of the scrum. Without refs there is no game. As long as they are fair and consistent no one should have a problem with them. Refs can't be immune to all criticism though maybe the guys that evaluate them should be a bit harder on them rather than the crowd.

On that topic, why are we so critical of the referees in QPR, yes they make some odd calls but they perform a pretty thankless job each and every week. Oldest argument in the world, but if you could do better, than why don't you? rather than bagging referee x about something he did, get out your whistle and join their ranks.

T

Tigers Tale

TT I think your comments last year where off the mark because you were implying that Ref ultered the result of the game because his wife's brother used to play at the opposing club. I could have miss read that though.

Anyway onto some more pressing topics. 2 undefeated teams come up against each other this week. How do you see this one panning out TT? Should be a good battle up front with pattowa v sef. Ready v randell (if he starts). Mullins v gale at 9. Banks v Hagen at 15

Red Heavy I was a very unhappy Easts supporter for a side that was struggling to secure a win last year and I perceived that Moore was the reason we didn't get the win at Crosby - which ultimately played a big part in the tigers missing the top 4 but alas that is yesterday's news and interesting that others are now experiencing the raw prawn from mr Moore.

Anyhow to Saturday at St Lucia I hope that Easts are bolstered by Paraka and Quirk but I think at this stage of development of Tim's Tigers that your boys would have to be favourites. Easts had a tough season last year but they did manage a 19-19 draw at St. Lucia last year which might have been as close as anyone did in securing a win at St Lucia last year. I think Easts won there in 2013, and love nothing more than ruining a ladies day for the home side.

I hope for Randell's personal perspective that he gets a start this Saturday - wouldn't you love to pack down in the front row and just enjoy the chat between Ready and Randell.

Dell will also go at it with school/flat mate in Mullins.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Moore's performance has been noticed as he's been dropped to prem colts this week. Something to note for people who call for greater onus to be put on refs.

Good to see. He's had his run and hopefully his time is up. Time for a newbie to step up and there are some gooduns in the ranks after seeing who is around in Prem colts and reggies games. Good to see the female Horton getting a few at Prem level too.

T

Tigers Tale

Good to see. He's had his run and hopefully his time is up. Time for a newbie to step up and there are some gooduns in the ranks after seeing who is around in Prem colts and reggies games. Good to see the female Horton getting a few at Prem level too.

I suppose we may have to be careful what we wish for In moving Mr Moore (aka Mr Bean) on - time will tell.

You know over the last few years when we have had the referee exchange with Sydney we have had some pretty ordinary Sydney Refs up here so maybe it's as good as it gets!

This is not a criticism of all QRRA refs.

T

Tigers Tale

I'll be happy to see Michel-Moore blow the whistle at St Lucia this Sat if that is possible.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
It'll be a sad fucking day if the Tigers or any other team in this comp start hoping for specific individuals to referee their games. Surely we're better than that. That thinking is just so far removed from the spirit of Rugby as I know it.

Let's just be grateful we have people who are willing and able to be referees so that we can play, watch and enjoy the game we love.

Bloody hell.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Red Heavy how short are your guys to win this Saturday?

I think it will be a very even game and if Easts are in the $2 market with the bookies it could be a good value bet i reckon.

Uni have a very young team (Randell at 25 is the oldest by 2 years) and while they are all very good players this comp is about consistency and thats a usually something that gets better with age.

Easts outside backs are as good as you can get and with a good old level head like krelle at 10 they will be tough to beat.

I still think Uni will get the chocolates though.

I just hope both teams can keep their minds on the game and not be too distracted by the talent on the sidelines for ladies day

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
It'll be a sad fucking day if the Tigers or any other team in this comp start hoping for specific individuals to referee their games. Surely we're better than that. That thinking is just so far removed from the spirit of Rugby as I know it.

Let's just be grateful we have people who are willing and able to be referees so that we can play, watch and enjoy the game we love.

Bloody hell.

If I read it right, I don't think it is a matter of choosing who they want, it's more wanting the best ref. Mitchellmore is clearly the best and most consistent in the comp and has been for a while. Heaven knows why he isn't refereeing Super Rugby. If I was coaching I'd want him every week! But every team wants the best ref. It happens at test level. It happens at under 12. Reality is that won't happen but every week every coach and every player sees (and supporters for that matter) their match as a "test match".

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
After a chat last night, be interested in thoughts on the most underrated player in prems. For me has to be Toby White

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
1. Bermingham
2. Mafi
3. Tupou
4. Maui
5. Walls
6. Symes
7. Beauchamp
8. Tupou

An enormous forward pack! I think Matho is just going with pure strength and size to knock over a very good Bond outfit. Should be a close, entertaining game.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
What's happened to Matt Gordon at Easts. He made his debute at 12 in the first round and got MOM and has not been named in prem side since. See he is in Prem reserves tomorrow. How can you get MOM and then dismissed ?

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Is White really underrated though? He started most games for Bris City in NRC. Its a hard question to answer and very subjective.
Fair point. Took for the NRC for him to get a rep gig. Would have thought he would have picked up a gig with a Super team by now. Always plays above his weight

Status
Not open for further replies.