• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ here comes the Cavalry.............

image.jpg

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Can we get Graham institutionalised?

There must be 50-1000 doctors at the game each week who would sign off on it.

To suggest we are semi-final bound clearly shows where his mental state is.

It's gone from a pathetic season to just plain sad.

Carmichael gets a lot of credit for fiddling the books and creating a profit, but he has also overseen one of the greatest sporting downfalls in all sport. The crowd tonight was dead. Plain and simple. Folks coming because they had paid for their membership. We have gone from the great entertainers to the worst attacking team EVER to play in Super Rugby.

The reality is there would be very few people left in the rugby department who's position isn't untenable.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I just posted this in the Coaching Options thread but it prob doesn't go there so I'll copy it in here.

Based on our games to date, I pretty much don't see how we will get another win this season.
We had 58% territory and 61% possession against the Lions at home. We were fresh off a bye and them on the 4th game of their tour.
Nope, no more wins for us.
Semi finals, my arse.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Oh ye of little faith. RG was just updating us on his ambitious but achievable plan he unveiled a few weeks ago:

I'm sure I heard RG on radio this morning say that the Reds can still make the finals this year. Was I dreaming?

With all the money saved on S&C he's working on buying them all tickets.

Now admittedly there have been set backs, and he spent most of the money buying the Story Bridge from a nice young man (at that price how could you say no!) so the grand final may be off the table, but the semi is still in sight. He's done the numbers and had Hunt check them over to make sure he didn't confuse his 9s and 10s, and 12s and 13s, and it looks like he's going to be able to afford the bus down to Sydney/Canberra, tickets, a pie and a can of coke each (WTS/EPS/ETS excluded, you have draw the line somewhere).

There is a secret plan to pull together the money for the final too, it involves dropping JOC (James O'Connor), Quade and Hunt off in King's Cross on the way home and fining them the cost when they stuff up. Though on RG's current form they'll instead win bravery awards for saving blind orphans from a burning building.

runsonrum

Allen Oxlade (6)
You hear some of the wittiest remarks in the stands.

At halftime when Fletcher Dyson was asked; "What do you think the Coach is saying to the players at half-time?", a punter behind me quickly remarked..."c'mon guys, help me keep my job!"

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Reds will win next 10 games, make semis and win comp. Master Coach Spindle contract to be upgraded.

He'll also coach the Wobs to WC glory and take the boys to gold in Rio whilst winning next years Super title as well.

There are no boundaries when reality is not a factor.

I read that article and just saying we'll make the finals does not make it so. The Reds actually need to win games. Woody is good at saying things like we can make the finals, he is just not good at doing things like coaching a team that stays fit and wins games.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Richard Graham says the Reds making the semi-finals in 2015 is achievable.

Play on.
I just find that an incredible thing for the coach to say.

the rest of our draw is as follows with what I think we will get
@ Rebels - Bonus Point Loss
@ Bulls - No points
@ Cheetahs - Bonus Point Loss
Home Hurricanes - Bonus Point Loss
@ Crusaders - No points
Home Rebels - Win
Home Sharks - Win (I think our team might start to get combinations going by this game)
@ Force - Win
Home Chiefs - Bonus Point Loss
@ Tahs - Bonus Point Loss

This will give us 23 points at the end of the season. I dont think we will get a 4 try bonus point this season and in some of our losses I am hoping we can get a point.

The Tahs are on 14 points with a game in hand to be played tonight and I have allowed for a loss to the Tahs in Sydney which means they will be on a minimum of 18 points.

I am pretty sure that the Tahs will get at least 6 points in the other 10 games they have to play and I am certain that the Brumbies will get 4 more points in their next 9 games.

I am all for coaches being optimistic but unless he seriously thinks we can string together two wins in South Africa then beat the Crusaders and defending premiers at their home grounds then I think he has been hanging out with Khunt a bit too much, something is affecting his judgment

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Players look to be playing for the jersey but have no faith in the game plan. To me that is why we are seeing individuals perform but not in a coherent team manner. Coach has got to go.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
It was always joked that Deans was a Kiwi plant here to destroy Oz rugby, has anyone considered the same about Graham?

Maybe Mitchell was under SA orders to be bad at the Force to get the even worse coach in the set up? Maybe Bath funnelled RG and SM back to Aus on behalf of England.

Maybe the birth certificates of the board members should be produced to look for subversive elements.

The impact of this Reds season extends far beyond the Reds and we will head into the RWC with two things that historically lead to no success.

1. a poor Reds team
2. a team lacking cohesion ie we won't be fielding the majority of the squad from 2011.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Its strange that people think that the results this year are surprising. The trajectory has been there since 2013. Nothing has changed, just the class that was 2010-2011 is fading and the real abilities of the current coaching set up is emerging. Injuries and extraneous excuses have been convenient to hide the trend.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
We pissed away our depth to recruit a few stars in a big gamble (that hasn't paid off). We let players go that we developed and gave us good service in order for a few high profile players and some young talent that have impressed in inferior competitions. What for? To mask over an inept coach. Graham has got to go and those who employed him have to also. They may have done good work in the past with the brand but it is back in decline, the rot is taking hold and nothing fresh has been offered. Time for a new perspective at HQ and just maybe they can take the previous good work of other to the next level.

Link came in and built off the talent and vision Mooney left him. Graham comes in and pisses the development of the previous coach against the wall.

It is like the powers to be are plodding along like there is nothing wrong.

The longer this shit goes on the harder and longer it will be to get the Reds back to where they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.