• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Blues, Saturday 28 March, Round 7 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bentham scores from a lot of good offloads, game Tahs.

Bit disappointed in Peyper, but the Tahs should be happy for his mistakes their way. They've been off their game but still are clearly a class or two above the Blues.

M

Moono75

Good hands Tahs in that try....built the pressure...Betham finishes.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'll take it but not one to write home about. Blues were very physical in defence, scrums were a real battle, but the Tahs made a meal of many opportunities with poor handling skills. Blues better than expected (by many) but the Tahs were barely par, for mine.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If the Wallabies scrummed like the Blues did tonight, they'd be penalised off the park.
How so? I thought it was a pretty willing scrum contest - both packs got the upper hand at times, a few where neither could even hook it. If you take out the crooked feeds on both sides, which apparently is no longer under scrutiny this year, it was better than plenty of games.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Congrats to this bloke. Definitely deserves the accolades.

10940985_845870022116390_218907102972647824_n (2).jpg

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
That was tough viewing for the most part. The handling that was most improved last week was a disappointment for the Tahs with Folau (although certainly not Robinson Crusoe), an unlikely culprit resulting in at least 2 squandered tries.

Having said that all 3 tries were the result of great handling by the respective teams.

Skelton, the behemoth, thoroughly deserved the ovation he received for his 76 minutes, my MOTM.

The Blues were very resolute and if you weren't forearmed with the knowledge, you wouldn't remotely expect that they are winless given their effort & staunchness. Kaino's yellow card was most unfortunate and burst whatever tenuous bubble remained.

The Tahs are bye bound for the second time already. They'll need to demonstrate far more of the excellence of their 1st half against the Brumbies if they're to figure deep into this year's comp.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Meh, don't get all the pessimism from the Tahs fans. Damn good win in my books. You can't always win pretty, just so long as you can find a way to win, that matters more.

You'll be better with TPN back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.