• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
What's happened to Matt Gordon at Easts. He made his debute at 12 in the first round and got MOM and has not been named in prem side since. See he is in Prem reserves tomorrow. How can you get MOM and then dismissed ?

Let's looks at it another way... How is he MOM for Easts in Rnd 1 & Souths let such a talented junior go? Then play a GPS reserve grade player @ #12.

Sorry, but questions lead to questions.

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
Let's looks at it another way. How is he MOM for Easts in Rnd 1 & Souths let such a talented junior go? Then play a GPS reserve grade player @ #12.

Sorry, but questions lead to questions.
I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm not having a go at this young lad I simply wondered what had happened. I know he has battled a lot of injury but I was at a loss why you could obviously play well and not be rewarded. Can't comment on the Souths stuff as I don't know.

T

Tigers Tale

Wow GPS and Bros both lose 2 on the trot - nervous times ahead for those supporters. Another loss soon and they'll be on wood in terms if a top 4 finish.

Easts narrow loss to Uni whilst tough to swallow shows that Tim's Tigers (that were today down on troops) might well perform better than many thought before the season kicked off - they'll just continue to fly under the radar thank you very much.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just a very big thank you from the Brothers Rugby Club to all the teams that had a minute silence today for Iosefo Tabalala. Bells was a much loved member of the Brothers and Fijian community. So thanks a lot to the clubs out there who have showed their support, it does mean a lot.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Easts narrow loss to Uni whilst tough to swallow shows that Tim's Tigers (that were today down on troops).
Fair to say that Uni were well down on troops today too. Easts were impressive and showed signs of brilliance but imho missed Brandon and Mullins - badly.
Uni's young forwards were obviously very well drilled and played a cohesive, focussed game. Kudos to them.
In summary, fantastic effort by the Tigers to finish within a point of the premiers and 2015 season favourites. For Easts this really was one that got away.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
UQ 24 d Easts 23
Bond Uni 32 d Brothers 25 (a great result for EVERYone!)
Wests 19 d Norths 13
Souths 43 d GPS 12
Sunnybank had the bye

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Not sure why people are trying to slip the boot into brothers.
They have had a very hard 2 weeks - finding out about bells the day they play sunnybank then having his memorial the night before bond must have been extremely challenging for all involved.
After going through something similar a few years back at uq I have nothing but respect for the way brothers and the majority of the Union community have conducted themselves.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Not sure why people are trying to slip the boot into brothers.
They have had a very hard 2 weeks - finding out about bells the day they play sunnybank then having his memorial the night before bond must have been extremely challenging for all involved.
After going through something similar a few years back at uq I shave nothing but respect and admiration for the way brothers and the majority of the Union community have conducted themselves.

No one is trying to slip the boot into brothers Red Heavy!

A brothers losing streak is like a blue moon (rarely happens) please don't mistaken fans of other clubs celebrating their misfortunes on the field with what is going on off the field.

T

Tigers Tale

Well Pauly clearly was.

Steady on Reg I think you are being a bit heavy handed towards Pauly it was just a throw away line in relation to Brothers had no connection with the sad passing of Bells which has saddened the whole rugby community in Qld.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
I certainly didn't intend that post to be offensive to anyone. I was just delighted to see Bond Uni register a win. I didn't say a thing about Brothers.

Perhaps you blokes just read into it what you are thinking?

Having said that, please do advise when it's considered OK to tip shit on Brothers again.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
There should be more concern for GPS rather than the Filth. For a club desperate to win a premiership, the appointment of Dammers was questionable. I can't see them being a threat like previous years. I know it's early days but the playing style and structure is off the pace as was proven yesterday.
Uni look dangerous as ever and Easts will unsettle plenty.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The top four is going to be hotly contested this year. I can't see any reasons why Sunnybank and University won't make it. That leaves two other spots. Bond obviously have shown a massive improvement in their rugby program. Easts are very dangerous. Souths can knock off any team when they want to. I think Brothers have to start putting together some good wins or else it will be too difficult to mount a challenge for a finals spot. It could be between Easts and Brothers.

I think F/A is going to hurt GPS.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Spot on. Uni, Sunnybank, Brothers and Easts should be there. Souths still too hot n cold and Bod have too many players who have been around past their used by date. Would be great for the comp to see Wests and Norths gets a few scalps

T

Tigers Tale

Spot on. Uni, Sunnybank, Brothers and Easts should be there. Souths still too hot n cold and Bod have too many players who have been around past their used by date. Would be great for the comp to see Wests and Norths gets a few scalps

Always makes it interest if the bottom sides can cause a few upsets.

How do the Wests and Norths side shape up after the break?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I may be reading the vibes wrong down at GPS but no one seems to be in panic mode despite the losses in Prem Grade. As mentioned on here before, the Premiership window probably closed after the 2013-14 seasons. I would like to know how long Dammers is signed up for as it seems to me he's implementing changes now which will pay dividends down the track.

T

Tigers Tale

Are Dammers Gallopers the team most under pressure leading into Easter.

That Wests scrum will be eagerly awaiting them at Sylvan Rd for their next encounter.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
As in impartial observer at that game, I thought the Wests pack were very dominant. The replacement loose head really put the big Sunnybank No.3 under pressure. His technique against his larger opponent really exposed Sunnybank. The No.3 wasn't anywhere near low enough at the hips to handle the pressure being placed upon him. A number of times he had nowhere to go but down due to technique.

Some of the penalties to Sunnybank were interesting but at the end of the day the Wests packed deserved credit. They put on a very good display.

Sunnybank's class come through

Status
Not open for further replies.