• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Force, Round 7, Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Force played all the rugby in this one and are still going yo loose. The reff was good apart from the no try awarded in the first half. Unlucky again.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Ref makes sure the force can't come back. Awardd the sharks a penalty in The scrum even though the ball is out and rugby was being played.

M

Moono75

fuck Godwin drops it over the line.....doesn't get easier than that!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
We still have a chance even after the ref let's the ball go in the same situation gave the sharks a penalty before. Force The better team tonight again but not with the win. Unbelievable

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
How can we be the better team 2 weeks in a row and loose both games. I thought we were over this crap. We figured this out and we're passed it. We are regressing

M

Moono75

Force got down within metres of the try line but couldn't finish it off. DHP, McCalman good games. Need to look at the team for back half of the year. Need to look at Wykes and if he may be better off the bench. Koteka is getting good experience and doing some good things. Prior seems to lift the tempo when he comes on. He may warrent a bit more game time I think.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Force got down within metres of the try line but couldn't finish it off. DHP, McCalman good games. Need to look at the team for back half of the year. Need to look at Wykes and if he may be better off the bench. Koteka is getting good experience and doing some good things. Prior seems to lift the tempo when he comes on. He may warrent a bit more game time I think.
Kane was very very good

M

Moono75

Oh.....and as I have been saying Mitch Scott needs to be in the team. He was good against the Rebels in limited time and then completely out of the team. What are Nikoro, Yamada and Lacey doing. Give them a run.

Force 10 year anniversary season has been smited by the rugby gods. That'll teach us for fucking around with the jersey colour.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Hmm, Glad I didn't. That just sounds like another frustrating late night experience. Last week I laid awake till 3 am I was so pissed off.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Two poor ref/tmo decisions but until the Force learn how to translate pressure and having the upper hand into points and closing out matches, they will continue to be disappointed as will their fans.

It's easy to blame the ref but obvious where the blame lies. To play all the rugby like that and lose is almost criminal.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Considering the first try was clearly a try we were robbed then?

In context that hurt the Force big time. They had the Sharks on the ropes at that point of the game. These things change the flow of the game. It continues to stun me how refs can keep fucking this stuff up at a point in time when they have never had more assistance at their disposal. Call it ref bashing if you like but make the difference between volunteers at grass root level and payed professionals. The quality of performance we are getting from the payed refs is unsatisfactory. The ref has a tough job where it happens in the moment and he has a lot to focus on but the touchies and the TMO not so and all to often they are the ones stuffing it up.

The Force do a wonderful job at creating their own misery. They lack the ability and vision to profit from the good parts of their game. All to often they had compressed the Sharks defense with a highly effective pick and drive game then fail to take the ball wide to take advantage of it. Really hopeless stuff in the end. Foley does what he does well in that he has a technically proficient forward pack but the Force lack somebody more astute in the wider aspects of the game. I don't think they can advance until they address this.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We would really benefit from a Todd Louden type.

Interesting how well Koteka has been going. Interesting that he didn't make the AUS U20s last year, but is currently eclipsing those who were selected over him.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Once again- defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Definitely robbed on McCalman's try. Spineless TMO and ref.

More and more impressed with Burton every week. OPverall, the backs looked good - lots of good footwork getting them over the gain line.

McCalman huge again, Mafi as well.

Overall, I thought the team played pretty well and in patches looked REALLY good. Just can't capitalize on pressure.

Don't know what's up with the Badger, but perhaps he needs a bit of a rest. Doesn't look himself.

I'm sorry, but Sias has got to go. He adds ZERO to the team. Thanks for your service, but the time has come. Say what you want about Holmes, but he's not going to knock out his own teammate with a shot to the back of the head...

Status
Not open for further replies.