• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 HSBC Hong Kong 7's

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fiji 14-12 England. Lots of niggle, handbags mostly but 2 x YC & Fiji's should probably have been a Red, big swinging arm to the throat..........

I think the Irish Rugby Union just don't want to fund them

Well that's just plain daft, innit. I mean, if Scotland can afford it why can't ireland?

Sethfricka just kicked off v Australia.............

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
First blood Australia, 5-0 with 2min til 1/2 time.

Oranges & still 5-0. C'mon Aussie (only 'cos we don't wanna be playing Sethfricka later today)!!!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
AUS kick off. SAF retain ball. SAF nearly break line but Sir calls held on. PK to AUS on 5 m line.
Lineout AUS on their 10 metre.
Malouf is on.
Aus PK for holding on. SAF tap and go. Smith SAF knock on (lucky).
AUS Scrum 24 minutes centre field from AUS line.
SAF off side at scrum. Palmer Fou is on and immediately penalised at breakdown.
Aus scramble kickthrough and take back into in goal.

SAF win 5 m attacking scrum.
SAF will get meat here.
AUS offisde at breakdown. PK to SAF. Saf spreading wide , desperate defence from AUS. Werner Kck dives over for meat after 7 phases. Afrika adds the extras, SAF 7 AUS 5. 1:30 to come.
AUS regathers kickoff. 4 phases by AUS then SAF penalised on 1/2 way. Clarkie hoofs to the 22m.
Lineout AUS. Knock on AUS. Time is up. SAF hoof into touch. and Sir calls time.

FINAL SCORE: AUS 5 SAF 7.

SAF to meet Fiji in a semi final.

AUS off to the cutlery division.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Bowl QF results:

Canada 21-10 Kenya
France 26-14 Portugal
Wales 38-7 Belgium
Scotland 28-7 Japan

Something that's been bugging me for a while: does anyone know why Ireland seem not to have a 7's team?
At the time, the IRFU decided they could only fund 2 of Connacht, the wolfhounds and a 7s team, and went for the 2 XVs sides rather than the 7s, whom they'd not been heavily involved in.

I think that with the Olympics, there was talk of it, but they have to go through all the qualification to get there, like any other new member.

And there would be uproar if we didn't fund the 7s. The Borders have been unhappy since professionalism, canning the Reivers didn't help those relations, no 7s would be a political disaster.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Could be a challenge for Ireland (Eire) to field a team at Olympics, because the UK citizens of the island of Ireland who under convention play for the Ireland RFU "national" team, would be ineligible to represent Ireland (Eire) at the Olympics.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Really need Samoa to step up to as the USA is closing on on 4th too
Probs not gunna happen as SAM are 26 - 5 up in QF with 2:30 minutes to go.

Final Score SAM 26 - USA 15. SAM to play winner of NZL v ARG. USA off to the crockery division with us.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Aus v Eng Plate SF, perfect opportunity to increase your overall points lead........

As for my lot, hoping for an EPIC Fiji v Seths SF that goes to extra time so whoever emerges most intact from the carnage runs out of steam in the Final (I know, gotta get past Samoa first but I reckon they shot their bolt v USA).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
AUS v ENG in Plate Semi Final starts at 6:02 pm (Sydney Time).

AUS vs winner of USA v ARG in Plate final at 9pm (Sydney Time) after we dispatch the English like their limp CWC performance.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ENG kick off from the North end.
ENG knock on. AUS Scrum on their 10 m line. 1 minute gone.
ENG penalised after 3 phases. PK on 1/2 way. Quick tap.
1 phase, 6 passes and Ed Jenkins breaks line to get meat and chopsticks. AUS 7 ENG 0. 3:28 until oranges.
ENG retain kick off.
Scrappy play turnovers both ways. ENG knock on first. AUS Scrum on 1/2 way. 2:22 left.
AUS penalised for man in front after two phases. Ball was jolted forward into off side player hand. Lineout ENG. 1:16 left.
Turnover at Lineout. AUS penalised in breakdown for not releasing ball. 0:39 left. ENG to kick for touch.
ENG lineout. Tidied up by ENG.
Malouf turnover on the siren. Not releasing ball by ENG. Fa'alaa'vau kicks for touch.

ORANGES. AUS lead 7 - 0. Very limited possession for ENG. AUS need to strangle ENG possession after the oranges.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Second 1/2. AUS to kick off from the North.
Kick into touch from ENG hand. AUS Lineout 15 m into ENG 1/2.
Pen to AUS and YC to ENG after 3 phases. AUS 10 metres out from ENG line.
Jeloudev penalised for playing ball after tackle. Lucky escape for ENG who were being stretched with 1 in the naughty boys chair.
ENG kick to touch. ENG lineout on 22 m line 4:50 left.
ENG win throw. AUS Penalised at breakdown on 22 mid field. ENG kick to touch.
ENG lineout (back to 7 players) midway 1/2 and 22m.
Eng held up in maul. Scrum field to AUS just in AUS territory. 3:19 left.
Shannon Walker magic puts Ed Jenkins over. That is the game for us. Kick missed AUS 12-ENG 0/ 1:42 left.
Huge comeback for ENG to win this.
AUS recover kickoff. ENG Penalty. Don't give them possession.
AUS penalised for not releasing on 22 m line. ENG quick tap. 40 seconds left.
Huge defence from AUS. Time up. AUS ruled to have knocked on. ENG Scrum after siren.
Eng win scrum. 3 phases and Tom Mitchell scores in the time honoured manner of the Soap Dodgers who NEVER give up.
Kick good.

FINAL SCORE AUS 12 - ENG 7

Our next game is 9pm Sydney time against winner of USA v ARG.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ not to mention a slightly increased lead in the race for Rio, 5 point lead if you win the Plate (which in all honesty you should).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Big turnaround needed from ARG who are down 7-21 at oranges vs the USA otherwise we will be playing Uncle Sam in the Crockery Final at 9pm (my time).

Edit: Not happening as Septics get a converted try late in the second stanza to take the score to 28-7 and ARG score after the siren to bring some respectability to the scoreline. Team USA win 28 - 14.

USA to play AUS in Plate Final at 9pm.

The real action is about to start now. Cup Semi Finals: Fiji v Sefrika and NZL vs Samoa.
First game could go any way but I'll tip Fiji, and NZL should be too good for Samoa.
This scenario will set up yet another epic Fiji Wizards vs NZL Clinicians cup final at Hong Kong.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ 1st leg in, Fiji 21-15 SA not quite the epic player-fucker I was hoping for but that's OK, we getting it done v Samoa right now, 12-0 @ HT.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lovely Quade Cooper pin point style cut out pass to the Zimbabwean winger to score right on ht.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
SAF are on 93 points and will get either 17 or 15 points from 3rd/4th play off (110 or 108).
NZL are on 88 points and will get either 22 or 19 points from 1st/2nd GF (110 0r 107).
FIJ are on 86 points and will get either 22 or 19 points from 1st/2nd GF (108 or 105).

It is going to be rather close at the top of the series table after the Hong Kong round.

Status
Not open for further replies.