• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds Rd 8 Good Friday 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Well this is an important match for both teams as they struggle to find form. Hoping for a Rebels win but not going to get my hopes up.

T

TOCC

Karmichael's suspension is over i believe, it will be interesting to see what part if any he plays in this match.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Karmichael's suspension is over i believe, it will be interesting to see what part if any he plays in this match.

Has he been training with the team or did the suspension include training?

IMO Reds need to pick their best 23 and if he is considered one of the best 23 available, he should be in the match day squad. He's served his suspension.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Back training with them for a week or two I think. Turner was again good at the back last week and Kuridrani and JOC (James O'Connor) have been doing well on the wings so I think hunt will come back via the bench.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Rebels' KPI for this match is to smash JOC (James O'Connor).

Winning the match is a close 2nd.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Rebels' KPI for this match is to smash JOC (James O'Connor).

Winning the match is a close 2nd.

Seeing we have not won at home in so long it has to be first than smashing JOC (James O'Connor) a close second.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Seeing we have not won at home in so long it has to be first than smashing JOC (James O'Connor) a close second.

why dont we ahve both.jpg

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think the reds will just get a bonus point for losing by less than 7.

With the amount of changes in the backline this is the equivalent of our second trial game so we should start to click soon

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Can't help but feel we're still a Number 8 and a solid centre away from a win.

Perhaps Hunt at 13 might be the foil for Kerevi that's required - the yang to Samu's yin, the Conrad Smith to Kerevi's Ma'a Nonu. I'm not sure that Hunt has the measure of Turner, JOC (James O'Connor) or Kurindrani at the moment, and he's an expensive bit of furniture on the pine. And let's face it - FTA, Taps and CFS have hardly set the world on fire this season.

And if Thomson is good enough to play 8 for he All Blacks, he's good enough for the Reds. Chuck Curtis Browning at 6 and I reckon we're a goer.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think Khunt would be good at centre, he has an ability to play 5/8 and has a French Ruby title that proves this no matter his performance this season. To me this should indicate being a better passer than A Finger. Also going back in time his defence and tackling ability from League should indicate he could defend at centre too.

I would play him at 12

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd say play him at fullback, but that means dropping Kurindrani or Turner who've both been excellent, or the brand, which would be funny but pointless.

Finger and Tapaui don't deserve to be thrown aside for him either. Think he misses this week. Then gets in for whomever gets injured this week.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Pick KHunt if you to play attacking Rugby.
Pick Finger if you want to arm wrestle with them.

So what is the evidence that KHunt is the embodiment of attacking rugby?

The Reds backs key issue is their lack of workrate in attack, they are all just standing there waiting for Cooper to throw them a money ball

How about they run some angles some inside runners, JOC (James O'Connor) was the only inside runner, and he isn't built for crash ball

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
So Rebels fans, what do we want to see this week? I've given up on the prospect of English dropped, or any changes being made to the backline despite that being the glaring area of need.

I think the Reds are going to win this in the worst game of the season to date.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
So what is the evidence that KHunt is the embodiment of attacking rugby?

The Reds backs key issue is their lack of workrate in attack, they are all just standing there waiting for Cooper to throw them a money ball

How about they run some angles some inside runners, JOC (James O'Connor) was the only inside runner, and he isn't built for crash ball
KHunt doesn't need to be anywhere near the embodiment of attacking Rugby to be a grade above Finger in attack,who has proved to be a very reliable,but one dimensional centre.
The problem with the backline is that Cooper has only been there for their most recent game.
The backs have been in clean out mode,rather than attacking mode.but so have the forwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.