• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds Rd 8 Good Friday 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
21st wedding anniversary for myself and my good lady wife on Friday, and we are spending a chunk of the evening at AAMI Park.

A win would be a very nice present indeed. For all of us!
Hahaha I spent the evening of my 16th anniversary watching the rubbish between the Reds and Lions on TV. Let's just say it didn't really spark any wild post-game celebration!

Reactions: daz

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
So Rebels fans, what do we want to see this week? I've given up on the prospect of English dropped, or any changes being made to the backline despite that being the glaring area of need.

I think the Reds are going to win this in the worst game of the season to date.

Ideally?

1. Smith
2. Sexton
3. PAE
4. Jones
5. Timani
6. McMahon
7. Fugs
8. Higgers
9. Stirzaker
10. Debreczeni
11. Sefa
12. Harris
13. Ellison/Inman
14. Telusa
15. Hegarty

16. Leafa
17. Cruze
18. Weeks/new prop
19. Jeffries/Cummins
20. Samo
21. Colby
22. Meehan
23. Inman/Ellison

Reward PAE for his game, demote Leafa, bring back Timani. Harris to 12, give him more influence, introduce a more dynamic back 3. If Weeks is out, bring in Metcher, or switch Cruze to tighthead reserve and bring in Gillespie or Inagaki.

We barely use the last back reserve, so having Samo, Colby and one of the big lads available would help TTs game plan more than a spare outhalf.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^^^Lets ring the changes, not like we can get any worse
1. Smith
2. Sexton
3. Pae
4. Jones
5. Neville
6. Higgers
7. McMahon
8. Timani
9. Stirzaker
10. Hegarty
11. Sefa
12. Harris
13. Inman
14. Veainu
15. Ellison

16. Leafa
17. Cruze
18. Weeks
19. Jefferies
20. Fugi/Colby
21. Reid/Samo
22. Burgo
23. Crawford

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Any chance of Rob Simmons being back for this one? For all the criticism levelled his way, he is an enormous step up on McDuling

T

TOCC

Simmons won't be back until the South African tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Quietly hoping the Rebels give Placid a run off the bench.

TBH, I haven't heard anything about him since he left but have a feeling he will come back to haunt the Reds at some point in the future. As a QLD'er looking at that Rebels side pains me but I have to say they've become my second team this year, McMahon has become one of my favourites.

The Reds were so poor last weekend but QC (Quade Cooper)'s return was infinitely better than the mess the week before.

I'm backing the Reds to be a little more cohesive and grind out a narrow win here followed by the contract extension of Richard Graham.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Not bad boys. I'm thinking

Smith
Sexton
PAE
Lopeti
Neville
Jones
McMahon
Higgers
Stirzaker
Debreczeni
Crawford
Ellison
Sefa
Veainu
Harris

Leafa
Ah-Nau
Weeks/Metcher
Samo
Colby
Meehan
Hegarty
English

Of course, we're going to get exactly the same team as last week except with Timani back for Neville.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Now normally in this situation I would pull out the classic, "Reds vs Reds A" gag, as a fun bit of banter but also to have a not very subtle crack at the opposition for being a bit shit but not as shit as before because now they have some of our shitest players etc. and that makes them better.

Except I can't do that. I'm pretty sure in this game, my team is the Reds A. Fuck.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
According to Herald Sun Laurie Weeks will miss this week's game. He is awaiting results of scans on his knee.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
KHunt doesn't need to be anywhere near the embodiment of attacking Rugby to be a grade above Finger in attack,who has proved to be a very reliable,but one dimensional centre.

Hunt might in time prove to be a better centre than Ant, but in last week's game, Ant was consistently getting over the gain line before his injury and even off loaded to supports on a couple of occasions. One dimensional maybe, but that was one more than most of the other backs have been shbowing recently.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
A Reds line up of
1. Slipper
2. FTS
3. Holmes
4. Dules
5. Kev
6. Thomson
7. Gill
8. Browning
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. JOC (James O'Connor)
12. Tapuai
13. Kerevi
14. Panther
15. Turner

16. Hanson
17. Daley
18. Talakai
19. Kotze
20. Schatz or Robinson
21. Frisby
22. Hunt
23. CFS

.should win..but won't

Only changes I would make is Frisby for Genia and Shatz for Browning.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Hunt might in time prove to be a better centre than Ant, but in last week's game, Ant was consistently getting over the gain line before his injury and even off loaded to supports on a couple of occasions. One dimensional maybe, but that was one more than most of the other backs have been shbowing recently.
He got over the gain line! But his one dimension is defence! This is not possible. The internet forums could be wrong.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Club Warehouse Injury Report
Player Injury Timeframe
Dom Shipperley Right Hand Fracture 3-5 weeks
Laurie Weeks Left Tibial Plateau Fracture 6-8 weeks

RaboDirect Rebels prop Laurie Weeks has avoided surgery after injuring his knee in Friday’s loss to the Hurricanes, however the foundation Rebel will be sidelined for six to eight weeks after scans confirmed a fracture of his left tibial plateau.
The news was bitter-sweet for the Club, pleased he had avoided a season-ending injury but also disappointed to lose Laurie for an extended period.
“We call Laurie ‘Mr Rebel’,” Head of Athletic Performance Bryce Cavanagh explained. “He is a wonderful, positive influence on the group, and his experience is invaluable; we’ll miss that on the field.
“In saying that, Laurie’s positive approach to his Rugby and to demanding the best from himself and the group will see him tackle his rehabilitation with a determined mindset, and we’re looking forward to welcoming him back to the group in the second half of the season.”
Winger Dom Shipperley continues his recovery after fracturing his hand against the Lions in Round Six ahead of a targeted late April return, while fellow outside back Tom Kingston was rested from the Direct Connect Dewar Shield on the weekend after a minor ankle strain; he will be available for selection this week.
Steve Cummins, Jed Gillespie, Keita Inagaki, Sam Jeffries, Tim Metcher and Ben Whittaker all played in the Direct Connect Dewar Shield over the weekend and came through unscathed.
Visit www.clubwarehouse.com.au for your complete solution to all of your sports medical and physio requirements.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fark. What do we reckon, Metcher or Inagaki? There was no point signing Keita if we're not going to play him, but Metcher is the tighthead.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
As if things could get any worse than our current form, they put Matt O'Brien in charge of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.