• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015S15 SA vs NZ matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^^^ only problem is that the left head never knows what the right head is doing and they both think they're in charge of the 3rd leg so they pretty much end up running around in circles....

Malfunctioning 3rd legs. Isn't that an area of expertise that you may be able to help them manage @Cyclopath?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So will they review the Messam choke hold as well? Where does this end now? It's a broken process.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
This is the same issue that came up with the Horwill stomping charge during the Lions series, the governing body can appeal when they think the decision is wrong (only seem to do it if the punishment is too small). If they spent some time getting the system right in the first place or even just consistent to start with we wouldn't end up in this mess.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Schalkie ton coming up.

Stormers:
15 Cheslin Kolbe, 14 Kobus van Wyk, 13 Juan de Jongh (captain), 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Dillyn Leyds, 10 Demetri Catrakilis, 9 Nic Groom, 8 Nizaam Carr, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Manuel Carizza, 4 Jean Kleyn, 3 Vincent Koch, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Steven Kitshoff
Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Oli Kebble,18 Frans Malherbe, 19 Eben Etzebeth, 20 Michael Rhodes, 21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Kurt Coleman, 23 Huw Jones

Clan
1 Brendon Edmonds, 2 Ash Dixon, 3 Josh Hohneck
4 Tom Franklin, 5 Joe Wheeler
6 Elliot Dixon, 8 Nasi Manu, 7 James Lentjes

9 Aaron Smith, 10 Lima Sopoaga
12 Shaun Treeby, 13 Malakai Fekitoa
11 Patrick Osborne, 15 Ben Smith, 14 Waisake Naholo

16 Liam Coltman, 17 Dan Lienert-Brown, 18 Pingi Tala'apitanga, 19 Mark Reddish, 20 Dan Pryor, 21 Fumiaki Tanaka, 22 Samuel "Screech" Powers, 23 Jason Emery

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well haven't seen Crusaders/Bulls, but by gee got home from club rugby yesterday and watched the Clan/Stormers game, that will do me for rugby again. Real good game to watch, and I thought A Smith gave an exhibition of how rugby should be played by a 9 (although without the card;)) his decision making behind the pack is so quick and good, backed up by the skills he has, I think he was main reason the Clan took the Stormers out of the game. You throw in a pack of no names, so to speak , that just give everything 100% (take Dan Pryor as an example) and you got a pretty good mix to allow your good outsides to operate.
Good to see Shalck Burgher still giving it everything in his 100th game, a player I have always been pretty keen on, and still am, he a good hard honest player I reckon!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well haven't seen Crusaders/Bulls, but by gee got home from club rugby yesterday and watched the Clan/Stormers game, that will do me for rugby again. Real good game to watch, and I thought A Smith gave an exhibition of how rugby should be played by a 9 (although without the card;)) his decision making behind the pack is so quick and good, backed up by the skills he has, I think he was main reason the Clan took the Stormers out of the game. You throw in a pack of no names, so to speak , that just give everything 100% (take Dan Pryor as an example) and you got a pretty good mix to allow your good outsides to operate.
Good to see Shalck Burgher still giving it everything in his 100th game, a player I have always been pretty keen on, and still am, he a good hard honest player I reckon!
The Clan rushed defense was excellent. The Stormers tried to play with ball in hand and was tackled back time after time. Stormers have some real hard work now, they missed Duanne Vermeulen as leader. They will be back and got a real shaker the past weekend.

Brutes were excellent and my man Pollard is going places. He is a legend in the making.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Pollard was absolutely sublime.

But the most exciting thing for me were the 12's that played for the Lions and the Bulls this weekend.

Hell it has been a while since we have had some young centers put their hand up.

Great players. I really like the Lions guy.

PS the Bulls backup 10 youngster should be playing for you guys. Hell of a young player. Stupid that he sits behind JLP. Wasted\.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
PS the Bulls backup 10 youngster should be playing for you guys. Hell of a young player. Stupid that he sits behind JLP. Wasted\.
Carels boy is back at WP, his backup is the one that moved from Affies to WP when Pollard moved to Bulls, Ryno Eksteen. This two plus Pollard came from the same year. carels boy play a running game like his dad. Play Vodakak for WP

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Steyn has been banned for 5 weeks.

Amazing one judge can decide 0 weeks and get rid of his red while another can determine 5 weeks.

System is fucked and needs a complete overhaul.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Steyn has been banned for 5 weeks.

Amazing one judge can decide 0 weeks and get rid of his red while another can determine 5 weeks.

System is fucked and needs a complete overhaul.

Agreed. Total transparency and consistency needed. Maybe audited as well. Coz this is a farce.

Not that I like snotty Frans and his attitude.

-----------------

Bulls were a massive surprise. I picked the Crusaders by 25 on Superbru, taking into account both teams' performances the week before, and after this weekend I just feel sorry for the Cheetahs if they could lose that badly against a Saders team who, let's face it, isn't firing on all cylinders, more like half of them.

What about Odendaal? He really stepped up, and I think we may need to seriously re-think our midfield, since it's been years since JJ played like that. And he's not scared to tackle. Perhaps shifting Serfontein out to 13, and JJ onto the bench?

Pollard is getting more and more consistent - I think playing every week is helping him immensely. Last year was bad because JLP played a lot more games starting than he should have, but I got the impression that this was a deliberate request in order to keep Pollard fresh for the JWC last year.

But one week at a time. These Lions are on the up, and it won't surprise me one bit if we lose this weekend. That said, I loved the type of rugby we played against the crusaders, putting them under pressure with some good running rugby. I thought we were crazy not taking the 3 points within the first 5 minutes, but clearly I had no idea what type of mood these guys were in. Very happy I was so wrong.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How is this possible?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...eyn-banned-for-five-weeks-after-sanzar-appeal

It's one thing for a ban to be increased or decreased by a week or two on appeal but for the original decision to be completely overturned & this kinda penalty imposed suggests the original hearing was deeply, deeply flawed. Correct outcome in the end IMO but should never have come to this.

Dan Carter has flown home, bubba #2 being due any day now:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...h-with-sharks-to-attend-birth-of-second-child

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Conspiracy theory time:

a) SARU hate Frans for exposing them as contract cheats and will do anything to get back at him.
b) Too much wanking makes you blind.
c) Santa Claus skips the houses with bad kids.

One of the above is true. Take a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.