• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Good to see you are awake Filth - maths is easy when you are dealing in single digits!!

That's 4 in 19 years Filth which is 3 more than Bros over the same period of time!!

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
image.jpg

Swansong10

Frank Nicholson (4)
breaking news straight from the club...
SOUTHS V NORTHS GAME HAS BEEN CANCELLLED.

The game will now go down as a draw and both clubs will split the points. The clubs agreed this morning to call it a draw as there isn't another round which suits both clubs on work load (with the bye this weekend)

Swansong10

Frank Nicholson (4)
Propsperspective - the game was initially pencilled in on Monday being being a public holiday caused issues. Game now cancelled.

T

Tigers Tale

Swansong what I am about to say is in no way intended as a slur towards South but I am just trying to get a gage of where they are at.

I appreciate that your boys must have looked impressive in the big win over GPS last week but I am almost prepared to say that unless they win their next two against Norths & Easts that they are as good as gone for 2015.

My recollection is that in 2014 they may have won their first 3 or 4 games - Rnd 1??, Rnd 2 def Easts (Bottomley), Rnd 3 def GPS(Chipsy Wood), Rnd 4 Bros?? and then after injuries struck and the departure of Muirhead they fell in a heap - is that correct?

What or why will 2015 be different for your lads?

Looking forward to the local derby at Bottomley on Saturday week.

Swansong10

Frank Nicholson (4)
TT, fair points you make there mate, and let it be known that I am gernearlly speaking about souths as a club prems - 4th grade). We have fielded 5 teams this year and are experimenting with a 6th side - the most we have ever fielded in the opens alone... so that is a sign in itself - why? well this will lap over with my thoughts on the prems side...

I think last weekend was a better sign of where our boys are at this year. Even though GPS are struggling for a bit of form it really was a good hit out.

A few little things such as no Muirhead or Sefton (who is know overseas) in the early rounds. Muirhead played on the weekend and was very good, As you say, without him it is a very different side - throw in a new coaching system and new combinations and it does take time. This easts game will be a good gauge for the outsiders!
As for what and why will 2015 be different - Well the biggest is the coaching staff and the differences from previous years.

I honestly believe that the biggest reason as to why 2015 will be different is Souths has an "appeal" about it back - Picone offers an avenue for players, Arnold an avenue for the younger players (whilst only the first season, these are foundations) basically now players can see the club as one which is worth changing too - we have never had that before. This is reflected in the record numbers we have - and Our reserve grade, 1st grade, 2nds and 3rds are all certainly competing with the big hitters in the comp!

T

Tigers Tale

Thanks Swansong - as I said I am really looking forward to the local derby after Easter.

I question whether your aim should be a club "which is worth changing too"???

Sorry - that's just my personal perspective - all clubs are different I suppose.

(I think the Brisbane Clubs are all more alike than not.)

Swansong10

Frank Nicholson (4)
yeah absolutely - my point being a point of difference in our club from previous years- not a point of difference from the premier rugby comp clubs ... for years we have struggled to have a marketable club to players I feel we do know.

Status
Not open for further replies.