• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just to turn this thread on its' head, I contend that "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" is the biggest steaming pile of NZ fur seal shit (trust me, it looks better than it smells & it looks FUCKING AWFUL) I have ever seen on either side of the dutch. Discuss.

Meanwhile I'm loving The Sopranos re-runs, still early days yet but getting to the great Series 3 & 4. Bada Bing, Bada Boom, Muthafuckas!

image.jpg

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Watching fake or fortune on ABC. Researches old paintings to see if they are genuine.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Breaking Bad spin-off "Better Call Saul" starts Feb 8. Should be top shit.

"The Blacklist" back in business although if it wasn't for James Spader not sure I'd be bothering

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Away from all the drama on TV, a show worth catching is "Cheese Slices" now up to its 7th season. Only show on TV that visits and presents the cheeses from makers all over the world. Presented by Aussie, Will Studd who can be a bit hard to take but his love of all things cheese is admirable.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
tt1856010.jpg

whole of season 3 dumped online at once but if you binge watch this one you'll be one bitter and sour fuck by the end of it. I virtually gave up towards the end of season 2, everyone was just such a goddamn bastard to everyone else.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
tt1856010.jpg

whole of season 3 dumped online at once but if you binge watch this one you'll be one bitter and sour fuck by the end of it. I virtually gave up towards the end of season 2, everyone was just such a goddamn bastard to everyone else.
See, that's the bit I liked.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sopranos is up to the mighty S4, just watched the ep where Paulie & Christopher go to collect $5K off a Russian & end up chasing him through a forest in the middle of winter. Fucking genius. Best of all the eps with Steve Buscemi (who directed some of S3 & S4) IFO camera are just around the corner.......

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Netfix Australia starts tomorrow and for as little as $8.99 a month you can access it in SD. $14.99 is the top package and apparently you get first month for free.

I'll sign up and it should keep me entertained over the Easter break with House of Cards, I've been holding off as it stops me being a functional human.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I saw the "leaked" lists. No mention of the New Daredevil series. Is that just because Netflix launches tomorrow, and it doesn't begin till April 10th, or is it because some arsehole company has bought the rights and won't broadcast it for 6 months?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I hope so. I know that they will only have old episodes of Orange is the New Black as foxtel have the rights until the end of the year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Signed up this morning for a free month. Daredevil series is listed to start on April 10 so you should be happy @Highlander35

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^^^^^well that went downhill fast *spoiler* by episode 3, the chicks had shattered the spell completely and left us with just another irritating sitcom. When out there is a whole empty WORLD of narrative possibilities. I was hoping the guy would just get in his car and FUCK OFF away from these annoying women but alas

Game of Thrones back from apr 12

Louie back on April 9 (would be nice if he threw in some fuckin comedy this season ffs)

Breaking Bad spinoff "Better Call Saul" has been so godddamn awesome

anyone know of any other funny pommy panel shows? I'd recommend

8 Out Of 10 Cats (Jimmy Carr, such a cnut)
QI (although S.Fry is just mailing it in these days. Hardly even tries to be funny)
Have I Got News For You (you could say the same about the sharpest wit I think I've ever seen, Paul Merton, just a phantom limb silhouette these days)
Mock The Week (BEST although wish they had Frankie Boyle back)

Just found this "Celebrity Juice" one too which is damn hilarious, an MC who is easily the loosest cannon I have ever seen on TV.
DO NOT sit down to watch this with someone you care about. Unless they are stark raving bonkers too.

tt1318007.jpg

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Ce la Vie Mad Men - its sad to see you go.
Outlander - you sadistic freak Jack
S05E06 of GoT - I have no words

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mad Men That Coke ad to close.. Oh man, that takes me back. We were way too poor to buy that shit then though. Now here we are in 2009 and it's cheaper than fuckin' milk. So was the ad Draper's?

Yes: why else place it there straight after the meditative epiphanous smiling "ding"? The fridge dream from the hippie help circle, the coloured shit in the clerk chicks hair, the hippie vibe of the retreat, all in the ad.

No: Draper's Californian Kerouac thing, bolting Mccann, too far distanced himself from that world, his cleansing hippie brain enema has seen him wash his hands of that world. Man.

I'm going Yes.

Loving this one: Silicon Valley.

tt2575988.jpg

Computer nerds. Brutal language. Top shit.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah I have to agree with Silicon Valley. One of the funniest shows around.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
On the Silicon Valley bandwagon. So much nerd shit happens in this show that i relate to. This scene especially.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm just in the process of finishing off The Wire season 1. Really love it. I'll be watching a couple more seasons over the June/July holidays.