• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Nothing on http://www.twobluesrugby.com.au/ about the Wicks trial last weekend.
Should have been a great day with plenty of footy. Any comments/scores?

It was a massive day starting at 10.30 and finishing after 8pm. MTB played mixed squads and changed over each half whereas Randwick appeared to play mostly set teams for the full match duration. Randwick have posted some results showing they won 6 out of 7 fixtures but we didn't really keep score. We were pleased with many aspects as I'm sure were Randwick. Only one unfortunate injury to a Randwick player who appeared to sustain a broken tib/fib.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Reminder of the AGM this Wednesday 7pm at MRSL

Also round 1 this weekend V Manly. Grade at home, Colts away

Hi Ryan09,
Any idea whats happening with season passes this year - ie collect from gate on Saturday or mail? Cant make AGM sadly to ask myself and been waiting to hear back from club for a while now.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thommo has retired from writing them, Pat has retired from photographing them. General lack of interest all round.
Disappointing for those Two Blues fans who can't be at the matches (including this 2bluesfan). I know it's a thankless task but surely someone could write a few paragraphs about each match (most of the coaches were doing this in previous years). They needn't be epics of Thommo proportions. Perhaps follow Gordon's lead and task a player from each grade with writing a short report if the coaches don't want to do it. OK, the photos are a different proposition and it might be difficult to recruit someone into that role. I understood that Brett was going to continue taking photos of the Colts this year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have often tasked/directed/requested one of the players on Team Rehab with the task of taking photos.

Most mobile phones take good enough photos for a web site.

Many players on Team Rehab are reluctant or unable to compose a paragraph or two for a game report, but they can point and shoot some pictures with their phone, and we all know a picture paints a thousand words.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Disappointing for those Two Blues fans who can't be at the matches (including this 2bluesfan). I know it's a thankless task but surely someone could write a few paragraphs about each match (most of the coaches were doing this in previous years). They needn't be epics of Thommo proportions. Perhaps follow Gordon's lead and task a player from each grade with writing a short report if the coaches don't want to do it. OK, the photos are a different proposition and it might be difficult to recruit someone into that role. I understood that Brett was going to continue taking photos of the Colts this year.

The reports that have been received are now available on the website.

http://twobluesrugby.com.au/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
annual-sportsmans-lunch.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ROUND 3 MATCHES V NORTHERN SUBURBS WILL BE PLAYED ON GOOD FRIDAY not Saturday

Grade will be played on Merrylands RSL Park, and Colts games at Bon Andrews Oval, North Sydney.

round-3.jpg

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great to see the match report for the Mighty Two Blues v Norths on the club website. Well done to the Apprentice, it sounds like we gave it a pretty decent shake. I hope the team is disappointed but not disheartened, a win sounds just around the corner. And it sounds like seconds are going well, which is what every club needs - pressure on the first grade players.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Who are some players to look out for tomorrow.

From a Gordon point of view I recognise Blacklock, Olmstead and Cox in the pigs have been around for a while.

Rech, Hermans seem to go alright in the backs.

Faasisila played a bit of NPC didn't he? Rokobaro and Woods have also been around for years and I notice Satogo who used to play at Easts?

Status
Not open for further replies.