• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Pulverisation of Australian Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
What are the TV production costs per game?

From what was thrown around during the NRC, it ranges from cheap (~5k Bar TV ) to not cheap (~50-80k Foxsports)? Not sure of those numbers but it could add to a fair whack.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I hope I'm not in the wrong thread ... The ARU should have a calendar on its website to display when and where training clinics , public appearances are to be conducted at schools , rugby clubs , shopping centres etc where there is Wallaby participation AND or where Super Rugby / NRC players do the same . I was most impressed with the Rebels Website entry on its Regional Roadshow Clinic efforts tomorrow at Ballarat , Geelong & Shepparton for 6yrs - 18 yrs ... Possibly the ARU could link the calendar entry to the Registration page on the Rebels website . The ARU would be seen to be interacting with the grassroots and give the wider rugby community more of a sense of purpose and involvement in the game as a whole . I think it would provide a valuable link to help break down the elite levels of the game to grass roots . I , living in Sydney would be interested to see how the other Australian Super/NRC teams are spreading the game to their constituents (or not) . The pathway seems clear , there are a lot of good things happening out there , we just need to make the most of these marketing , coaching events to attract more engagement from the current and potential fan base .

papabear

Watty Friend (18)
CFO counts the numbers but doesn't make it rain.

If the guy is making it rain then he is good for rugby, he might just need a rugby community type person in their and to have that you need???

Rain.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It was the very quiet launch of the Australian Rugby Foundation, a new initiative the ARU hopes will mobilise rugby's well-heeled but far-flung supporter base and kick start a new model for funding the grassroots game in Australia.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...s-to-fund-community-game-20150416-1mm5vs.html
funnily enough I was recently watching a Simpson's epsiode that I had never seen before in which Homer appears (I did not watch much of it) to have become obsessed with outsourcing
http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/10420/The-Simpsons-India-Outsourcing/

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
About time he released last years annual report isn't it?
I will be keen to see what resources they are allocating to grassroots.

If this initiative is an add on,great work Bill.
If the intention is for this to replace ARU funding,then i will be planning to watch Test matches at Northbridge in the not too distant future.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
About time he released last years annual report isn't it?
I will be keen to see what resources they are allocating to grassroots.

If this initiative is an add on,great work Bill.
If the intention is for this to replace ARU funding,then i will be planning to watch Test matches at Northbridge in the not too distant future.

The Pulveriser has had a quiet start to 2015, which is probably a good thing. From what I can see he's really very good doing the back room stuff, brokering deals, networking etc. Where he seems to fall down is as the front ma; doing the the day to day decision making, crisis management type areas.

T

TOCC

ARU posted $5.5million loss from $105million revenue for 2014, included was $3.3million assistance to the Rebels

Pulvers Salary was $735k for 2014 and he took no bonuses, sponsorship increased from 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.