• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds Rd 8 Good Friday 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think this will probably be one of the three games that the reds will win this season.

Not because it is against the rebels - just because in any professional sport sometimes things just click and this will probably be one of those occasions.

D

daz

I have a feeling QC (Quade Cooper) is going to pull a big one out of the bag in this game.

If he fires on all cylinders and hits the turbo when needed, it could get very messy for the Rebels.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Holmes should start especially after his performance last week.

Shatz will grab the 8 spot and Curtis relegated to the pine.

Will be interesting if Taps retains a starting spot or mrides the pine - I thought he wasn't very good last week.

Still reckon Pickle should get a start over Genia. Jeez the bloke has paid his dues and Will isn't going very well at all. But I;m sure RG will stay the course with Wll.

Also reckon QC (Quade Cooper) will be better and the runners around him, both inside and out, will be more in tune with him. Look forward to some direct running this week

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is Beau Robbo in the mix for this week or what's his story?

Anyone know when the team will be announced?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Is Beau Robbo in the mix for this week or what's his story?

Anyone know when the team will be announced?

Hopefully Beau will get a bench spot. Hard to be anything else with Thomson, Gill and Shatz - Reckon we'll see some fire from him when and if he gets on

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
[quote="hammertimethere, post: 728100, member: 6]Taps came off the bench last week and was pretty good. Ant was ok.

I'd prefer Taps[/quote]
Apart from that whole giving away the stupid penalty that lost the game thing......

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The penalty was stupid but that wasn't what lost us the game.
Taps has been one of our best backs even with his limited time. The week before the bye he came on and topped the run metres, line breaks and maybe even tackles I think for all the backs and he did it with about 15-20mins game time from memory.
I'd prefer Taps too!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The penalty was stupid but that wasn't what lost us the game.
Taps has been one of our best backs even with his limited time. The week before the bye he came on and topped the run metres, line breaks and maybe even tackles I think for all the backs and he did it with about 15-20mins game time from memory.
I'd prefer Taps too!
Taps was very good. Consistently a couple of years back - he made the Wallabies - he just isn't playing great football
He seems to have that little jink nearly every time he touches and runs the ball.
Dare I say it - he just seems predictable

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
We lost the game on that horrible lineout that they scored from not a penalty after a blatant forward pass.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I'm certainly not blaming Taps for losing the game.
Every player makes mistakes. Every player
My point re Taps is the level of consistent good play.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Taps has had very little game time. What he has done with it though is contribute more than guys that have three times the minutes.
He is one of the quickest guys in the team over 40m and is the perfect guy to have outside Quade and inside of Kerevi. You're entitled to your opinion Scrubber but I simply can't agree. I'm not sure you're watching him closely enough.

In any case, I hope they start him at 12 this weekend and let him have a good crack. He will add more than Ant I reckon. With the exception of Simmons we c old potentially field our strongest XV yet.
Slipper, Fainga'a, Holmes
Dules and Horwill
Thomson, Gill, Browning
Genia and Cooper
Kuridrani, Taps, Kerevi, JOC (James O'Connor) & Turner

Talakai, Daley, Hansen, Schatz, Kotze, Robinson (if fit), Fainga'a, Hunt, Frisby. Omit one depending on whether bench is 6/2 or 5/3.

EDIT: I really wanted to name Graham on a nine man bench with an asterisk next to his name and a note that said one to be omitted. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.