• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ideas for NRC 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Miking the players is an excellent idea.
I saw a piece on 9 where they did a minute package on that kiwi Shaun Johnson,it was really interesting to hear him telling his runners what he wanted from them,and then see it playing out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How did they do that, obviously it's easy in cricket where you can wear some technological equipment without impacting much but getting tackled wearing a mic and transponder box?

T

TOCC

Can't imaging the equipment required would be any bigger or imposing then the current GPS and Transponder that most teams wear... You can watch some youtube videos of Willie Mason and Shaun Johnson..

I think it would improve the TV content dramatically if that were done.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That wasn't live though was it? A tiny mic would be easy but having the capability to send it live to the production team would be pretty hard.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The only issue as I understand it,would be for the producer to decide when the player mike is heard by the audience.
Obviously a lot of it is just noise,and would add nothing.

I say this will all the technical expertise of an armchair viewer.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Not a fan of the red card idea. Red cards are for foul play and the highest on-field deterrent available. Referees should, and do I think, have the discretion to issue a yellow card if they don't think something was intentional. But if someone punches someone in the back of the head when they're on the ground in the 5th minute he is the guy who wrecked the game for the team, not the red card rule. I don't know what you can do to balance a late red card with an early one - I'm not sure if it's a problem that needs to be solved.

I like the miking up idea too - not sure who you'd put them on though as I imagine most forwards would just be a lot of grunting, groaning and heavy breathing and I can do that by myself. Miking up irritating halfbacks to play the villain would be good/annoying.

T

TOCC

You'd probably want to mike up players in the backline, i think theres a bit more time for them to talk about the next moves and plays.. Rather then the forwards who typically have a much more repetitive vocabulary of "hold/lift" or whatever the latest catch cries are.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Does anyone know when we are likely to hear from the NRC clubs regarding membership/games/locations for 2015?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I would imagine you won't hear much about it until later in the Super Rugby season. There's no point in doing it any sooner as people are going to be more focussed and excited about the S15 (Except Reds fans maybe. Go Brisbane City!!!).
Just checked the ITM Cup website and there's nothing up there yet about the 2015 comp.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Wouldn't mind a fixture soon at least. Maybe starting a little bit of promotion in 6 weeks or so, when more teams start to get out of playoffs contention, and there's 8 weeks of club form for the sides to start considering.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I would imagine they will start promoting the Rugby Championship first and after that they will start promotion of the NRC.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
I would imagine you won't hear much about it until later in the Super Rugby season. There's no point in doing it any sooner as people are going to be more focussed and excited about the S15 (Except Reds fans maybe. Go Brisbane City!!!).
Just checked the ITM Cup website and there's nothing up there yet about the 2015 comp.

While everyone is quite focused on the Super Rugby, it is a golden opportunity for the NRC franchises to try and get their players out to club land and generate a following. Thought some clever marketing and promotion would have been jumped on here!

T

TOCC

While everyone is quite focused on the Super Rugby, it is a golden opportunity for the NRC franchises to try and get their players out to club land and generate a following. Thought some clever marketing and promotion would have been jumped on here!

Yes I agree but not till later in the season, last few rounds would be ideal...
There's already enough of an identity crisis in Super Rugby with people unsure of the names of South African and kiwi team, you don't want to exacerbate the problem by marketing a new competition halfway through the middle of the existing comp..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.