• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Proud Parent's Thread

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Great initiative by the Reds! If this was available last year I probably would've made it to a game or two! Anyway, if it helps any of the new parents here get to the Rugby then that's all that matters. :)
View attachment 5802
damn, I am working nights this weekend.

That would be awesome, especially all the little ones in their Reds jerseys.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
As I have mentioned a few times in passing: I'm an old bloke but I married late and robbed the cradle when I did.

We had two sons but the missus wanted a daughter and voila:

LG Daughter.jpg

A few days ago our lovely "6 foot" daughter opened a show at London Fashion Week.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Everything else on this thread just faded in comparison to your last post, LG.

Must take after her mother..... :rolleyes:

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
My son had his first trial game of rugby for the year today. Proud to report he had a run and managed to retain the ball (last year he ran at the other team and got scared and threw the ball at them). He then stopped a rampaging opponent (who would have scored otherwise) with a great tackle, his first outside of training. His team then managed a turnover and scored a run away try. Aside from that he was looking to get involved in the game rather than running around 5 metres behind the play looking lost.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
My son had his first trial game of rugby for the year today. Proud to report he had a run and managed to retain the ball (last year he ran at the other team and got scared and threw the ball at them). He then stopped a rampaging opponent (who would have scored otherwise) with a great tackle, his first outside of training. His team then managed a turnover and scored a run away try. Aside from that he was looking to get involved in the game rather than running around 5 metres behind the play looking lost.
What a step up!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
My son had his first trial game of rugby for the year today. Proud to report he had a run and managed to retain the ball (last year he ran at the other team and got scared and threw the ball at them).

I remember back in the day my no. 2 son didn't quite get the game at first.

It was his second season and he must have been about 8 and lo and behold he ran over to a ruck and I thought: he's going get stuck into this, but all he did was sigh and put his hands on the others to have a rest.

Came good later, but cricket was more his go.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

Is that him in your avatar? In Marlins colours?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Laaitie is off to Holland for his hockey tour
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11045446_10153689340506124_6525896835253412496_n.jpg?oh=338cc73a09d6bc00225fbc7e7f6d1ede&oe=559F3989&__gda__=1437486141_30288df18182ffa2176a04539138b490

Daughter experiense spring in Busan

11072982_10153689892091124_5971349865113699355_n.jpg

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Good luck to the young bloke on his hockey tour PB. Is your daughter enjoying life in Japan?

As an aside I tried getting my daughter into minkey hockey this year but had to give up as the local association didn't seem interested in getting back to me.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good luck to the young bloke on his hockey tour PB. Is your daughter enjoying life in Japan?

As an aside I tried getting my daughter into minkey hockey this year but had to give up as the local association didn't seem interested in getting back to me.
PRG did well so far, drew their first match vs Ring Pass and won last night vs Klein Switzerland 4-2. Playing against their JA1 teams. Obvious a bit bigger then our school laaities. Tonight they'll play Dordrecht.

Daughter is doing great in Busan. She get on quickly and the weather is now better. Get your daughter into Indoor as young as possible. Indoor develope them pretty quick.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My daughter will be on the plane to Korea over a week. Altho I am very proud on her having study so well at Maties with a masters in art education, i know I'll miss her so much (she is the point of my heart) I just know she'll make a big success in what ever career she do. She'll teach english in Busan at a private school. She'll probably miss her dads braai meat.
Already confirmed by @PaarlBok that his daughter will be in Korea.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
That was an old post, Hughie, obviously you have an elephantine memory. I wanted to correct a possible wrong assumption made by Aussie D, that's all. :)

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
thanks for that Nusadan. Do recall now he did say Korea. Beautiful country that it is, take the opportunity to go there if you get the chance and eat heaps of Korean bbq (I'll leave the decision to dine on fido to you).

PB, I want my daughter to play hockey but the local association don't appear well organised and after weeks of harassing them for information on how to get her involved in the sport had to give up as there was a distinct lack of information forthcoming.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Busan is in Korea, not Japan right, Paarlbok?
Very close. Wont mind to catch the ferry from Busan to Japan. If I wasnt so broke I want to go to Korea. The news I get is that its a fasinating and interesting country. My daughter say the kids go school from 07h00-21h00 dayly. Our lot will die if they have to do this.