• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer of 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No doubt Peter Siddle has justified his selection, but with an eye to the future, I would have preferred James Pattinson who I think will be the standout fast bowler in a fantastic group in the next few years.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
No doubt Peter Siddle has justified his selection, but with an eye to the future, I would have preferred James Pattinson who I think will be the standout fast bowler in a fantastic group in the next few years.
Did his hammy (again) in the shield final. Unfortunately I don't think the Aussie selectors will risk picking him for some time still.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Seeing as Pattinson still has a CA contract and Siddle doesn't, I think Pattinson would have definitely been picked ahead of Siddle if he hadn't done his hammy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either Cummins or Pattinson brought across for the Ashes after the Windies tour.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm gonna put on my Victorian bias hat and ponder why Matthew Wade was overlooked for Peter Nevill (another NSW keeper). I'm wondering what else this guy has to do to get back into the side. I'm not basing my view on any stats (I have none at my disposal), but purely form an experience you think you would consider him or Tim Paine as a natural understudy for Haddin.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Matthew Wade isn't a very good wicketkeeper. I think he's a good option for shorter form cricket where keeping is less critical but I don't think he's good enough at test level.

Nevill's batting this season certainly helped him get across the line as well.

Tim Paine was dropped as Tasmanian keeper this year. I think his chances of playing test cricket for Australia again have evaporated.

I tend to think Sam Whiteman could be the next long term keeper for Australia.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
I have been a big Tim Paine fan. Before his injuries he was technically the best keeper in Aust. He just has not go back to that level again. Keep in mind that generally Aust have picked younger keepers and let them develop over time. Rather then chop and change. So Nevill is the next anointed. Good luck to him.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Funny to see that the Bangladeshi ICC president has flounced out of office following his world cup trophy "snub". Couldn't understand why his calling referees biased cheats after Bangladesh got knocked out was a problem.

And they wouldn't let John Howard be president because he was too controversial. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.