• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds Rd 8 Good Friday 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
This is brave, can't wait to see the trolls come out about it.
RaboDirect Rebels @MelbourneRebels
We'll name our team as always at 5pm AEDT today - what changes would you like to see to the 23? #REBvRED

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is brave, can't wait to see the trolls come out about it.
RaboDirect Rebels @MelbourneRebels
We'll name our team as always at 5pm AEDT today - what changes would you like to see to the 23? #REBvRED

Wonder how many tweets will be made in response suggesting that the change they would like to see would be to the Head Coach role?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would be interested to know what Cam Crawford doesn't do and why he is always overlooked

Really talented human, but at three different teams he has sat on the outer

he may well be an "independent thinker", coaches don't like those. besides at the Rebels, Crawford, like Vaianu may well have too many attacking skills for TT's limited game plan.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
On paper the Reds should win this game with ease by a large margin and start making that -87 point differences smaller if there wanting any chance to make the semi final like super coach thinks.

But I have lost all faith in RG and his ability to coach these guys so I'm only 50% confident that the Reds will win.

Quade to have a blinder and would have liked to see Frisby start over Genia who I feel is the biggest problem in the back Line at the moment. He Need I big kick up the bum.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
@Daz, thankyou, although might one be so bold as to suggest one should not contemplate giving up ones's daytime occupation.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Genia hasn't been his best lately but I'm guessing he's feeling the gameplan (or possibly lack of) and I doubt frisby will be any better. We desperately need forwards in motion and options for our playmakers right now.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
1. Toby Smith (Rebel #60, 19 Rebels Caps)
2. Pat Leafa (Rebel #57, 24 Rebels Caps)
3. Paul Alo-Emile (Rebel #44, 41 Rebels Caps)
4. Luke Jones (Rebel #32, 52 Rebels Caps)
5. Lopeti Timani (Rebel #69, 7 Rebels Caps)
6. Sean McMahon (Rebel #62, 19 Rebels Caps)
7. Scott Fuglistaller (Rebel #45, 38 Rebels Caps)
8. Scott Higginbotham (Rebel #46, 35 Rebels Caps, Captain)
9. Nic Stirzaker (Rebel #38, 29 Rebels Caps)
10. Jack Debreczeni (Rebel #71, 10 Rebels Caps)
11. Sefanaia Naivalu (Rebel #77, 6 Rebels Caps)
12. Mitch Inman (Rebel #35, 50 Rebels Caps)
13. Tamati Ellison (Rebel #62, 21 Rebels Caps)
14. Tom English (Rebel #50, 32 Rebels Caps)
15. Mike Harris (Rebel #76, 6 Rebels Caps)
Reserves:
16. Tom Sexton (Rebel #81, 1 Rebels Cap)
17. Cruze Ah-Nau (Rebel #59, 17 Rebels Caps)
18. Tim Metcher (0 Rebels Caps)*
19. Cadeyrn Neville (Rebel #42, 41 Rebels Caps)
20. Colby Fainga’a (Rebel #65, 21 Rebels Caps)
21. Luke Burgess (Rebel #56, 21 Rebels Caps)
22. Jordy Reid (Rebel #51, 13 Rebels Caps)
23. Bryce Hegarty (Rebel #54, 24 Rebels Caps)
Jordy in 22 = ? Otherwise I got the dropping to 2 backs right.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Nice to see Jordy getting a run this week off the pine, but a fairly predictable line-up selection. When Dom comes back I think you'll find Tom English riding pine or out o the 23. I REALLY wanna see Tom get a start.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Genia hasn't been his best lately but I'm guessing he's feeling the gameplan (or possibly lack of) and I doubt frisby will be any better. We desperately need forwards in motion and options for our playmakers right now.
I think a lot of Genia's trouble has to do with the lack of inside runners holding the defence. this allows the defending team to follow him across and slid on to the outside man when he passes. This has been a clear change in the Reds game plan and it's hurting them badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.