• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds Rd 8 Good Friday 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Same old game plan from TT should even be easy enough for RG to get a win. #BringLinkHome

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
this will probably be close.

the Rebels to dominate possession and territory but gain no ground, and only score from the penalties given away by the Reds.
The Reds stick to the game plan from RG (kick deep and kick often) and unable to capitalise from all the turnover ball the Rebels give them.

as i posted earlier Cripple fight.

i forecast Reds to steal a close encounter in the dying moments through a JOC (James O'Connor) intercept as the Rebels were about to score in the corner (after 20 phases from 5 metres out) and put the game to bed. Leafa to cough up a bad pass from Burgo, straight into O'Connors hands having initially misread the defence and was beaten all ends up.

EDIT: alternatively one team may finally find form and totally thrash the oither

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So I wonder if the news that Genia is off to France for three years is gonna distract him tomorrow night?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So I wonder if the news that Genia is off to France for three years is gonna distract him tomorrow night?

He was always going, he signed to Bath then it fell through and they signed Matawalu so they shipped him off to Stade, the confirmation was today but I heard it was a done deal months ago.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So for him probably not then, but what about his teammates? I get the professionalism thing, but I bet a lot didn't know he was off. When the news breaks is always the awkward time.

Still, good on him. Guess having kids changes your perspective on a lot of things. Limited time to make his millions and all.

Now, the race for scrum half understudy is down little red and.....

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rebels by 10.

Somebody has to say it and usually there are a few.

I hope the boys have not dropped their heads. We do look good going forward until we get within 10 m of the try line, however we may as well have witches hats out at the wings for all the attacking ball they get and the defense out there has been about as effective.

In fact I think we will win, go into the bye, get flogged by the Brums in Canberra and lose all momentum again

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
RG can now select Frisby at half.

I'd be surprised.

RG has to put what he thinks is the best side on the park every week from here on in. No time for development, because his job's at risk (and probably gone, but winning is the only way to save it).

If he thought Frisby was the #1 half he'd already be playing.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Frisby, if selected, will suffer the same problems as Genia. The structure doesn't support the halfback.Things will have to change at the Reds for our halfback to look decent.

In other words Frisby will be wasted because crikey he has some talent.

T

TOCC

I dont think you lose too much by starting Hanson over Fainga'a, it's good that his getting a rest and can help come on and 'hopefully' help close the game out.

Reactions: gel

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The game after Genia's last contract signing was one of his best. He seems to allow himself to get really distracted by it all but also seems to drag it out longer than would seem necessary. With the deal announced and his future sorted I think we will see him unshackled tonight and back to playing Rugby because he loves it.

On the game itself, a few Rebs fan s have predicted that we will snatch it at the death. I will tell you right now, that if it's close at the end, the Rebels will win. We have zero confidence in our ability to score points and our ability to close out a close game is non-existent. See last weeks game for a prime example.

Anyway, no idea who will win tonight. I think Rugby will be the real loser. ;)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Well, the only game the Reds have won this year I had money on them to lose. Let's see if I can make it two for two.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Taps has to leave QLD. It is retarded how we waste him.

I'm not sure you meant any harm mate but your language sounds sounds like a large put down to people who have trouble with uncontrollable issues and have to live with negative stigma throughout their lives. I know the burden it leaves them and respectfully ask you choose your words a little more wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.