• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Not sure who this mysterious league player is for NC, that a few keep referring to, no one seems to know of him.
I think he's living in the cattle sheds down on the flats devouring the fatted calves of the cattle club, seasoning them with the left over shells from the now defunct gun club.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
congrats to GPS old boys who made Aussie under 20 squad .
what happened to BBC old boy Conrad Quick ? he makes the team last year and has a great game in the final .
is he injured because he went well in NZ last year .

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
congrats to GPS old boys who made Aussie under 20 squad .
what happened to BBC old boy Conrad Quick ? he makes the team last year and has a great game in the final .
is he injured because he went well in NZ last year .
He played very well but twanged a hammy against NSW - Mitch Third replaced him.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Mr King

can you fill in the blanks of Aust under 20 team 2015

Aaron PleishIGS
Adam Korczyk ?
Lolo Fakaosilea BBC
Michael GunnChurchie
Duncan Paia’aua ?league?
James DalgleishGT
James TuttleNC NC
Campbell MagnayNC
Harry NuciforaChurchie
Brad Wilkin Iona

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Mr King

can you fill in the blanks of Aust under 20 team 2015

Aaron Pleash IGS
Adam Korczyk BSHS
Lolo Fakaosilea BBC, St Pats
Michael Gunn ACGS
Duncan Paia’aua Emmaus College-Rocky
James Dalgleish GT
James Tuttle NC
Campbell Magnay NC
Harry Nucifora ACGS
Brad Wilkin Iona

Jonah Placid TGS

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
OK final 3 in the WW Pre-season Form Guide:

7. Gregory Terrace
Last year these lads put up a fight in a lot of games but were ultimately outclassed by the top 3 teams and by some margin. However, they nearly rolled BBC (4th) with a last second, corner post effort, but for the hand of god favoring the Presbyterians on that occasion. They will be missing the class of their 7 and 10 from last year, who kept them in many a contest and as they come to grips with joining the arms race of First XV rugby, they may well hit a few piss wobbles.
Whilst the sleeveless parker squad will never admit it, they have had and will have their share of imports. The People Movers with the BAG stickers on the back will be arriving at the various GPS grounds with a renewed energy and confidence as a few 100kg monsters fall out of their side doors in red and black trackies. Too early for them this year but in a couple of years time - the BAG could be back!

8. Toowoomba Grammar
Whilst many a summer afternoon was spent scouring the local Darling Downs crop fields for the next Jonah Placid, T-Ba have come up empty in the Messiah Stakes. The Yellow and Blue will have to be happy with a couple of wins on the field and the First Prize Ribbon in the GPS Bacon and Egg Burger Competition. They will rely on their 2 usual secret weapons to scare a few of the big guns - That famous T-ba Ticker and the boarding house cabbage soup, which can bring down a 5 yard scrum the morning after, quicker than a bullet can bring down a bush pig at close range. That said whoever has the privilege to head up the range this year will enjoy the burgers - and for god sake ladies keep your eyes on your hand bags...you know what these lads get up to on tour! They make Chris Masoe look like a Boy Scout.

9. Brisbane Grammar
What can I say? The best sporting fields in Brisbane, the cleanest tuckshop and toilets, the most polite car park attendants and boy how fast do the fields drain out there after a big storm? Amazing...truly.
And I believe the chess team is red hot, but not nearly as impressive as the way their debating team will tear you a new one if you let them have the last reply on a Friday night!
I think they'll get more OP 1's than Girls Grammar and will easily do the best chants on the sideline - All in all they are going to have a cracking season!

Propsperspective

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not to cause a war but gee I'd love to see the old Metway Cup I think it was called back.. when GPS schools, AIC schools and the country schools played an FA Cup style comp.. I know u will say they won't compete but back in the day the big country schools like Rocky and Townsville Grammar and St Brendans would pick their league players and really give the GPS schools a fright.. I think only then can we really see rugby grow, thoughts?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Not to cause a war but gee I'd love to see the old Metway Cup I think it was called back.. when GPS schools, AIC schools and the country schools played an FA Cup style comp.. I know u will say they won't compete but back in the day the big country schools like Rocky and Townsville Grammar and St Brendans would pick their league players and really give the GPS schools a fright.. I think only then can we really see rugby grow, thoughts?

agree . i remember when Downlands were the team to beat for many years. but the GPS schools all play their 2nd xv against Downlands now .Scholarships have created a huge difference in the various school comps .you will see more of it . a number of AIC grade 8s now switching to GPS schools in hope,of rep honours. poor old SEC is a breeding ground for GPS .3 at Churchie last year and 2 at BBC this year in grade 10.

remember that GPS 1 beat AIC 1 by 55 to 5 last year and that was before GPS had started their season !!!!

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
This is true, the AIC comp relies on the cattle that walk through the door, some years are strong at particular schools, and then could be rubbish the following year. Ashgrove are an exception- they are always up there, but still wouldn't really challenge many GPS schools.

This year I genuinely believe that Padua have a 1stXV side that should punish the AIC comp and would be competitive at GPS level. They managed to hang on to their best players despite many offers to GPS schools, particular BBC and GT. expect to see a number of QLD schoolboys coming out of padua this year and next- they are big, well drilled, and very physical.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Agree with you.Good to hear.
Iona 2 years ago with Brad Wilken were good.
There are2 new Padua boys in grade 11 at Terrace-but none that I know of at BBC.
Any new boys at BBC seem to be boarders in Grades 8 or 9 "parked" there by the Broncos.

Jack Hardy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not sure where you get information from. Zero 'Broncos' boys in year 8 or 9 boarding at BBC. If they were, it's odd Broncs would let them play club rugby.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Not sure where you get information from. Zero 'Broncos' boys in year 8 or 9 boarding at BBC. If they were, it's odd Broncs would let them play club rugby.

who said anything about club rugby?
Maybe they are grade 10 then- 3 of them play Cyrell Connell at moment.
But I forgot- BBC have gone all quiet this year and will talk on the field.
About time to!

Jack Hardy

Frank Nicholson (4)
The boys I suspected you were talking about play club rugby. They are not league players. I know this because I have seen them play and they are genuine rugby players. No links with Broncos.

I'd prefer if this thread focused on GPS rugby ie preparation and performance rather than speculation about league imports who may or may not exist.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Geez there's been a bit to catch up on.

Linespeed is spot on with the 20s - how about we spice this up with bonus points for naming their senior years?

Pleash - IGS 2012 (the captain of the one team to beat BGS in 2012!)
Korczyzk - BSHS 2012
Fakaosilea - Pats 2013
Gunn - ACGS 2012 (Pocock style 12)
Paia'aua - must be 2011 after two years in Bronc's 20s....
Dalgliesh - GT 2012
Tuttle - NC 2013
Magnay - NC 2013
Nucifora - ACGS 2014 (must be close to carrying Wally?)
Wilkin - Iona 2013 (was carrying Wally at the HK7s - incidentally if you didn't see feel free to drop some praise on my Hong Kong sevens write ups..........)
Placid - TGS 2012

WW - lovely to see BGS copping some love despite the wooden spoon prediction. Should be interesting to see how they fare without Emtage.

In response to questions about Conrad Quick, he injured his hammy in the semi-final in Canberra. Some may recall how I was shocked Liam Jurd missed out - sure enough he was called up to start in the final.

I am also surprised Joey Fittock didn't make that 20s squad. Harry Jones, Kellaway, Placid and Hutchinson is plenty of coverage for the outside backs, but I really quite liked Fittock. With Quick out I'm sure he'll be next cab of the rank injurywise.

#kingsclusive: Those JGC "Qld Schoolboys" sides play NSW at Ballymore this weekend, to be live streamed on reds rugby site. u15s play at 12:15, U17s at 2:15 pm on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Meriden87

I haven't read anything worth reading about this 2015 GPS season so far on this link. A little bag out of rich housewives and what size car parents drive. All I have read about, are questions on who is playing U20s and who has played league or going to play league, who plays for what club??!! Seriously!! There is another GPS season fast approaching, all I am interested in is who are the players this year playing in the first XVs, I don't care now many years they have been at what school, I don't care what they have done before. Players change for all sorts of circumstances. I want to know what players are coming to the field and what they can they bring to this season and what is going to be the team to watch!!! Individual players don't make a team. Lets hear about which team has TRAINED the hardest and what team is going to strive to want to win this year. Bring it on. Bring on actual conversation. Cheers

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
we're all so sorry Meridan87, to think you haven't been entertained - devastating news!

How about you go and find some info out yourself, share it on this wall, and spark some discussion. The season is still over 3 months away, some schools haven't even started training.

Status
Not open for further replies.